Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy 10,000th post!! 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don’t work in the city centre but no one could pay me enough money to go into the city centre for the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭BK5

Congratulations, fair play to you. You really are one of the cornerstones of the Christmas thread so here's to 10,000 more 🥂

I'm a Christmas baby, so my parents conceived me round about this time of year?

Thanks a lot Calla, you've ruined Paddy's Day for me forever ha ha ha 😄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

St Patrick's Day used to be a dry day, so people had to make their own entertainment. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well if your name is Patrick you know why 😜

Ha ha, it's not Patrick and it's not Noel either 😅

Christopher or nollaig (was in college with a nollaig) 😂😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

I have great memories of the parade as a kid, haven't been in in years. Wondering if I should feel guilty that my kids have never been to the city one. We always go to the local one that we can easily walk to. City is too busy , too many people- nightmare to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It's a bank holiday weekend! I've absolutely no plans because I'm away next weekend but I'll be glad to not get up at 6 on Monday.

I don't think there's been an entirely dry day this month so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that today won't have any precipitation. It feels like even when its majority dry the second I walk outside with the dogs it starts again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm heading to Dublin to see two of my nephews in their local parade, the older one was in it last year with his dad (with their GAA club), this year they are both in it so Mam and Dad will be walking with them 😊☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We will go into the local parade here & hopefully not get washed out of it. We were drowned last year, but the kids love the parade & it has actually gotten much better than when we were kids. Gotta get the traditional green 99 after it too! I think there is a fun fair in town too so might pop down there for a spin on the Ferris wheel...says your one with the morbid fear of heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No rain so far today and sun's out, also just watch Now 70s on the TV playing Slade Merry Christmas everybody 😁

Hope everyone has a brilliant long weekend, it's my first long weekend off in ages so I need the break.

Thought of this last night, this day 6 months is when we hit 100 days to go in the countdown, won't be long coming around!

Can't help feeling that French penalty was karma for last week's drop goal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Got approved for a mortgage last Monday. Currently in a nit of a bidding war for a perfect house for us. Don't worry not going anywhere near the most we can spend (don't want to) but it is quite nerve wracking.

Oh congratulations.

It is so stressful though. Just be prepared, even the cleanest of sales take months.

When I bought mine , I had all the necessary approval etc they had already moved out so house was empty and it still took 3-4 months from sale agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy st Patrick's day everyone. Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you're doing.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've just applied for a mortgage and I can just tell the bidding part will be a painful process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congrats and good luck with in your bidding war🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Best wishes with the mortgage and bidding war. Fingers crossed for you and anyone in the same situation. In the throes of sorting out a house myself at the moment. Nothing easy about housing in Ireland now but so looking forward to having my own house to decorate this Christmas! You'll see my house from space. I bought my Harvey's Bristol Cream sherry the other day for my mince pies and trifle this year.

Had a great day in Tramore on Friday. It was a beautiful day weather wise too. I'll be back again soon!

Happy St Patrick's Day to all. I'm going to go to the Dublin parade some year. I've no memory of ever being at a parade but I'm told I was at one when I was 3 or 4. Watched a bit of it on the telly. If I was living abroad I'm sure I'd be in the actual parade ;-) I can't go anywhere else for a few days and I'm pining for greenery, good chocolate, proper tea, potatoes. I'm a lost cause.

Thanks everyone, still on going.

Is it weird that when I was viewing the house I was thinking about where to put the Christmas tree and the first thing my wife talked about it was Christmas decorations storage ha.

What a beautiful morning. Was listening to the birds outside with such a 'spring is in the air' feeling.

It’s lovely alright. Just enjoying a cup of coffee before I head away for my swim, early morning swims are lovely ☺️.

A day of not leaving the house planned. Going to relax watch some TV and maybe make some soup. Love days like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We've a match at 3pm today and actually looking forward to it not being grey and miserable as it has been for all our matches so far.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Was just thinking how quiet it was on here over the long weekend. Guess we are in to the quiet quarter of the year. March, April and May we are enjoying longer evenings and better weather. By June and certainly by July we will looking forward to the season and the countdown numbers going down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lovely morning out there. I saw the sun three days in a row now in between spells off cloud.

Advertisement