Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Hook at the weekend with the youngest as she is sick, it was more for me than her. We were very outdoorsey kids so our house had very few videos/vhs's but one of them was Hook. Whenever I was sick from school it would be put on.

I have watched it many times and never realized how much Christmas features at the start of it (the elf fell asleep before the end so can't remember if its Christmasy at the end also). I was a lovely bit of the spirit in March.

Our mother's day is this coming weekend. I made the mistake of celebrating it on the Irish date last year and it didnt go down well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's crazy to think in 2 weeks we will be in the 30's in the weekly countdown and pretty much in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    It's crazy to think in 2 weeks we will be in the 30's in the weekly countdown and pretty much in April.

For a year with litle happening it seems to be moving at a fair oul lick, though I suspect thats been down to my workload.

Feels weird for me this morning, the kids are back in school today for the first time since Christmas and the house feels empty & quiet!! Great to see them get back & see their friends though, the structure around being back in school will be a huge help to them also.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Great to see them get back & see their friends though, the structure around being back in school will be a huge help to them also.

And it's another sign of things getting back to normal.... any win is a win, even the smallest of wins :)

Loughc wrote: »
    And it's another sign of things getting back to normal.... any win is a win, even the smallest of wins :)

A win, is a win, is a win as they say ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ll give you a laugh this sunny morning, I was getting dressed and decided I’d wear the red sweater on my morning walk and didn’t really look at the slogan on the front and it wasn’t till I got home and looked it said Noel ( can’t do the graph over the E ) I was wearing a Christmas sweater and met a few people on our walk and no one mentioned it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Well folks at last I have good news, I GOT A JOB!! It's a maternity cover contract but I'm hoping that Ireland will have opened up by the time the end of the contract nears. Such a relief!!

Thank you all so for your amazing support over the past year. You've no idea how much it lifted my spirits xxx

Caranica wrote: »
    Well folks at last I have good news, I GOT A JOB!! It's a maternity cover contract but I'm hoping that Ireland will have opened up by the time the end of the contract nears. Such a relief!!

Thank you all so for your amazing support over the past year. You've no idea how much it lifted my spirits xxx

Thats fabulous news Caranica, well done you!!!

Autosport wrote: »
    I’ll give you a laugh this sunny morning, I was getting dressed and decided I’d wear the red sweater on my morning walk and didn’t really look at the slogan on the front and it wasn’t till I got home and looked it said Noel ( can’t do the graph over the E ) I was wearing a Christmas sweater and met a few people on our walk and no one mentioned it :D

LADS!!!! The 2 of ye just made my day!!

Autosport that is hilarious and Caranica that is FANTASTIC news! Delighted for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Brilliant news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh that's made my day, Caranica!!:D Huge congratulations!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well done, Caranica! I've been really hoping you'd have good news soon.
    Yippee. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Congratulations Caranica, delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That’s brilliant news!!! Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Congratulations Caranica. Weel done.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Delighted to hear you’re great news Car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yipeeeee, well done Caranica. That's great news. It may only be maternity cover but once your in there you never know what could happen!

Your post has really cheered me up because so much doom and gloom with lockdown good to hear positive news.

Haven't posted much here lately as work has been mental.

It's a stunninly beautiful day out there now, birds are singing so I'm going to get out on walk now after work.

Weather looks nice for tomorrow so enjoy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

This is great! I'm starting a new job too on Monday. Can't wait!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

DenMan wrote: »
    Congratulations good luck for Monday, im the complete opposite fell out with boss today not sure whether to go back:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DenMan wrote: »

Congratulations!! It's so strange to be looking forward to work but I really am too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Congratulations Caranica and DenMan! All the best with the new jobs! They say good news comes in threes so I’m hoping to report back later on a euromillions win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Congrats DenMan, fantastic news :)

Best of luck with the new job Denman, hope it goes well.

That's great news aswell Denman, good to see people getting new jobs in the current climate.

We all need a bit of positivity and good news.

Hope your all looking forward to St. Patrick's Day tomorrow where according to our government and NPHET its to be spent on your own indoors and make sure you only drink water.

2,500 Garda will make sure we are all being good.

I think they have lost the plot altogether!

I won't be breaking any rules but I will be going for a nice walk with my family in local park and I might have a gin and tonic in evening. I'm mad altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Congrats on the new job. Your right 7 months will change a lot. Enjoy the day off tomorrow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

appledrop wrote: »
    I won't be breaking any rules but I will be going for a nice walk with my family in local park and I might have a gin and tonic in evening. I'm mad altogether!
    Please don't post in this forum again.

You are clearly a bad influence, and the posters here might end up having a glass of wine, or even a beer, now that they've read about your hijinks.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

54727476_819817401720531_3848380715435556864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=oWEMd2skEysAX-4UDcW&_nc_oc=AQmoCfKbcYXPoSQsCCWSsN_USRFnSN6ubbpaLSMKQZN2MsHP3-JAxnzToTJjI7QqUa8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a07989d7771ae62a2405bf133d96b69e&oe=6075077E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Posy wrote: »

You are clearly a bad influence, and the posters here might end up having a glass of wine, or even a beer, now that they've read about your hijinks.

:pac:

This post is why I love this forum. Just off a zoom call with my mates. Heading off to bed happy out. Who doesn’t love hijinks?

Phew ... just spotted that hijinks autocorrects as bikinis on my iPhone lol

Posy wrote: »

Don't blame me now Posy if you get caught by the Garda or your neighbours buying a bottle of wine in the off licence. The shame of it all.

'Down with this sort of thing'

• Advertisement

Well I'll be having a guinness later anyway, be rude not to on st. Patricks day.... not that I need it to be paddy's day mind...

Advertisement