Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Among the COVID doom and gloom news, two very important announcements....

Reeling in the years for the 2000's starts screening from 11 April on RTE One.

Easter doughnuts from Offbeat Doughnuts have been unveiled...goes on sale from Wednesday week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I normally don't think it's a good idea to make RITY so soon after the decade (lack of perspective/objectivity/nostalgia) but even 2019 is probably going to feel like 40 years ago right now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh lads, what a Monday!!

I broke a finger and tore the tendon this morning...in a splint for 8 weeks. I'm consoling myself with a Smarties Chocolate Orange Easter egg.

Hope everyone else had a better day!!:D

I may just have to hunt down these Easter doughnuts. I love doughnuts!!

Really looking forward to the new Reeling in the Years. I get so emotional watching it!

Oh no, jellybear, you poor thing!!

I'm glad you have consolation chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ouch jellybear. Hope you've got good drugs and you heal well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I heard about Reeling in the Years my first thought was there's ten episodes and by the end of them we'll be into the 100's in the countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

When I heard about Reeling in the Years my first thought was there's ten episodes and by the end of them we'll be into the 100's in the countdown.

And I thought I was bad, love it FP!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Ah, FP- you're a weirdo, but you're our weirdo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope you get better soon Jelly and enjoy those eggs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry to heard about your injuries Jelly, hope they heal quickly. I'm sure the chocolate will help :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jelly - in the meantime, enjoy the eggs and donuts :)

Awh thanks guys!! I'm shocked how much you rely on your little finger...everything is so much harder to do when you can't use it!!:D

Just back from our walk and it's so much chillier out there!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hello lovely Christmas people! :D Back to work for me (a few days a week) so back to posting :)

There is no way I'm going to be able to catch up on the last year of posts so hoping everyone is doing ok and keeping well in the never-ending lockdown!

In other news, it's March 23rd and I have no Christmas shopping done :o

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Hello lovely Christmas people! :D Back to work for me (a few days a week) so back to posting :)

There is no way I'm going to be able to catch up on the last year of posts so hoping everyone is doing ok and keeping well in the never-ending lockdown!

Welcome back CL... hope all is good!! You haven't missed much really, its been pretty quiet in fact ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

CheerLouth wrote: »

Good to see you back CL :)

Same old, same old around these parts. The favorite Christmas (movie/add/song) threads have been the highlight the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Get well soon jellybear. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The clocks have gone forward but it’s windy and raining outside and it feels more like late October.

Looking forward to seeing the longer evenings now, though looking at the forecast for the week ahead the weather is a bit scitsophrenic, decent enough start, wet and windy middle, improving for the Easter weekend and a possibility of snow on Easter Monday.... mad stuff altogether. Still we're in to the 30s on the weeks and 'summertime' on the clocks so we're well motoring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I heard someone in work say that the time is going to stay like this now, we won't be putting the clocks back in October.
    Is this true? It will leave the mornings in December very dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Accidently watched a french christmas flick on netflicks lastnight 'le 10 jours en or' about the relationship/roadtrip between a salesman and an abandoned boy.

Had a yumyum beligan hotchocolate with marshmallows and cinnamon for breakfast this morning hard to believe easter only a week away and chirstmas 40ish weeks away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭appledrop

I heard someone in work say that the time is going to stay like this now, we won't be putting the clocks back in October.
    Is this true? It will leave the mornings in December very dark.

No it's not true. The EU were going to introduce it this year but it has all stalled now and not going ahead, partly due to Brexit as NI and Republic would be on different time zone.

Yeah, the EU voted in 2019 to abolish daylight savings, and this should have been the last change but it looks like Brexit has stalled that.

It's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Plus, I think EU countries each had to decide if they would 'stick' on summer or winter time, and that created another set of issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I always thought the clocks should go forward on a Friday night to give you the weekend to adjust and go back on a Sunday night to make Monday a little easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Caranica wrote: »
    I always thought the clocks should go forward on a Friday night to give you the weekend to adjust and go back on a Sunday night to make Monday a little easier.

Now that's great thinking:D

I literally just said that to someone last night. :D

Little lad doesn’t believe it’s nearly bedtime as he said it’s too bright out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

TRS30 wrote: »
    Ah, let him stay up and watch home alone2 (film4)

TRS30 wrote: »

We're currently going through that kind of bedtime with little man, although he's only 19 months so not voicing his opposition just yet :D...he's just dropped his soother AGAIN, I hate that sound!!...wish me luck :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Caranica 4 prez

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Caranica 4 prez

Running against Posy so we can have some presidential debates.

Would be great for the stats :D

Advertisement