Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yup, tis manky, throw on top of that a suit and tie and its a sure way to get angry very quickly.

As you guys say though the humidity is the killer, its bad here in April and May but when it gets really hot its not so bad. Muscat was by far the worst, even worse than when I was in HK. Muscat is right on the ocean and has a solid rock range of hills/mountains surrounding it making it a humidity cauldron. So humid our apartment alarms would keep on tripping, and the car in the basement would look like it was raining. Horrible.

A nice drizzly day on an Irish beach for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    A nice drizzly day on an Irish beach for me.

Actually stormy and wet here the last few days after a period of dry, bright days.

Still take it over what you have described!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That wind and rain last night was the strongest I've seen in a while. Worse than many of the named 'storms' we've had.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DvB wrote: »
    That wind and rain last night was the strongest I've seen in a while. Worse than many of the named 'storms' we've had.

Yes, kept me awake most of the night :( Interview this morning so coffee coffee coffee!

Hope everyone has a good day;

Caranica wrote: »
    Yes, kept me awake most of the night :( Interview this morning so coffee coffee coffee!

ooh, best of luck with the interview!!

With you on the coffee, have been sleeping really poorly lately, on top of working late most nights I have been shattered... every morning is being sponsored by lavazza!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Very best of luck today Caranica.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Best of luck Caranica!!:)

Smash it Caranica, as the kids would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck Caranica.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Good luck with the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks, have had 3 this week (for 2 jobs) and got notice this morning of an interview for a great role so hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Tired as I am I have since done three loads of laundry, sorted two dry loads out, changed my bed linen and hoovered the house. My plans for the rest of the day involve primarily my couch :D

Freaky weather, have had two massive hail showers this afternoon and it's not even that cold out.

Thanks, have had 3 this week (for 2 jobs) and got notice this morning of an interview for a great role so hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Tired as I am I have since done three loads of laundry, sorted two dry loads out, changed my bed linen and hoovered the house. My plans for the rest of the day involve primarily my couch :D

Freaky weather, have had two massive hail showers this afternoon and it's not even that cold out.

I was going to ask how you managd to fit all that in on top of getting to & from an interview & just realised you were most likely doing the interview online.... doh! You'd think with the amount of zoom/teams meeting I attend each week I'd have copped that sooner :o

Hope it went well anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fingers crossed, Caranica! :)
    With you on the coffee, have been sleeping really poorly lately, on top of working late most nights I have been shattered... every morning is being sponsored by lavazza!!
    I'm the exact same. Walking around like a zombie this week. Not fun at all. :<

Posy wrote: »
    Fingers crossed, Caranica! :)

I'm the exact same. Walking around like a zombie this week. Not fun at all. :<

Only have a 2 day week next week & seriously looking forward to the break now. Feels like an age since the christmas holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Really looking forward to a 4 day week next week!!

kitten_k wrote: »

Mines a 2 day week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Me too! :P

kitten_k wrote: »
    Can't wait, woooop!
    I've a couple of Mondays booked off soon too, so between next week, and Easter coming up, I have no 5 day week now for a month. :)

Plus today was uncharacteristically quiet in work, I got McDonalds for lunch, took a long break and finished early. It's been a bit mad lately, so I deserved a slow day. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't wait, woooop!
    I've a couple of Mondays booked off soon too, so between next week, and Easter coming up, I have no 5 day week now for a month. :)

Plus today was uncharacteristically quiet in work, I got McDonalds for lunch, took a long break and finished early. It's been a bit mad lately, so I deserved a slow day. :pac:

A well deserved slow day :)

Thankfully another busy period in work is over and I survived. Hopefully I can come up for some Air Next couple of weeks.

It’s all about working 2 days and having 5 off. I’ve had it the wrong way round all these years :D

• Advertisement

Even 3 on, 4 off I suppose I could live with. :D

Even 3 on, 4 off I suppose I could live with. :D

A 3 day weekend would do me.

Well, I guess I could struggle on with that if I had to. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mammies in here!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mums, hope you get spoilt :)

Happy mothers day yo all you wonderful mums!! Have a great one ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Mother's day to all the lovely mammies!:)

I started mine off with a nice walk and we're getting a takeaway from our favourite restaurant later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hope you all get the spoiling you deserve. Happy Mothers Day to all the Mammies on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Mother’s Day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Can't wait, woooop!

I did that in November / December and it was amazing

Advertisement