Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TRS30 wrote: »
    Running against Posy so we can have some presidential debates.

Would be great for the stats :D

I'm thinking Posy saw my previous tweets about it over the years and "borrowed" my idea :D

First day of work today, eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm thinking Posy saw my previous tweets about it over the years and "borrowed" my idea :D

And the campaign begins :)

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's all about the presidential dog.

Jude13 wrote: »
    It's all about the presidential dog.

Especially if they bite people!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Best of luck today Caranica :)

Who doesn’t love dogs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Good luck Carnica!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Caranica wrote: »

So how'd it go then? All good I hope!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you kicked ass yesterday, Carnica! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a stunning day out there today!

Actually dressed in skirt today, nice to wear something other than jeans or trousers!

Enjoy the day if you can.

appledrop wrote: »
    What a stunning day out there today!

Actually dressed in skirt today, nice to wear something other than jeans or trousers!

Enjoy the day if you can.

Allegedly its to reach 20 degrees in Dublin (believe it when I see it mind) & we could have snow on Easter Monday on the saem weather models... bizarre!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Allegedly its to reach 20 degrees in Dublin (believe it when I see it mind) & we could have snow on Easter Monday on the saem weather models... bizarre!

Was checking the weather forecast for the week yesterday and was all over the place. Sun cream one day and winter hats the next!

No wonder everyone is getting colds (colds still existing and everyone with a runny nose or cough does not have Covid!).

We had snow last Friday! Was feckin' freezing! Lovely to see some sunshine out there alright! Got some summer seeds planted yesterday

So how'd it go then? All good I hope!

Thanks, and thanks everyone. I'm genuinely excited about this job. Trying to adjust to an 8 hour working day after a year off is not easy though. I'm shattered!! Just glad I start with two short weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 260's and the last day of March/First quarter!

We're into the 260's and the last day of March/First quarter!

With Q1 done and the fact Q4 is pretty much Christmas, we are only 6 months away :eek:

With Q1 done and the fact Q4 is pretty much Christmas, we are only 6 months away :eek:

Once we get to rudolph day 3 i consider the first quarter in the countdown done. MY months are 25th to 25th not full calendar months :D so we're well into the second quarter now....:cool:

Once we get to rudolph day 3 i consider the first quarter in the countdown done. MY months are 25th to 25th not full calendar months :D so we're well into the second quarter now....:cool:

i get paid on the 25th as well so kind of do the same.

Still a Nov. 1st kinda guy for the season starting. Need to get Halloween out of the way IMO.

Still a Nov. 1st kinda guy for the season starting. Need to get Halloween out of the way IMO.

I'd be similar, don't want to peak too early!

I guess once Sept comes i start thing more about what I need for this year, more decorations, ordering presents if might be hard and what house things we want to get done etc.

I'd be similar, don't want to peak too early!

I guess once Sept comes i start thing more about what I need for this year, more decorations, ordering presents if might be hard and what house things we want to get done etc.

I hear ya, & agree. Our planning starts in September in reality. As soon as the kids go back to school we start getting stuff organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Absolutely! With being off work for the last week in December I count the year over by about the 22nd of Dec :)

Well my father in law is finally taking his outdoor Christmas decorations down. He's literally had a reindeer and a snowman just stuck in the garden since Christmas. I reckon they are destroyed now - totally covered in rust :(

It's definitely not looking like Christmas out my back. Is proper roasting out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy April everybody.
    We're into the second quarter now and have a bank holiday at start of every month in it. By the end we'll be at the half way point and only weeks away from tubs of sweets.

11180950_1255801651102673_6456434329862283964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=kNa_rkm9wR8AX-SWcCL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6af6e3dd9bfa3577622d7a9524308877&oe=60896054

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I've already had Santa on the phone checking in on our youngest elf as she was throwing a wobbler, the effect from tantrum to angel was instantaneous. I didnt think it would work, and it was the first time I have done this. I don't think it's fair to make a regular thing of it though.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I've already had Santa on the phone checking in on our youngest elf as she was throwing a wobbler, the effect from tantrum to angel was instantaneous. I didnt think it would work, and it was the first time I have done this. I don't think it's fair to make a regular thing of it though.

You obviously do a mean Santa voice :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Growing up Easter seemed like so much more of a bigger deal than it is now.

Maybe it was because of the school holidays and you got 2 weeks off, same as Christmas.

I defintely remember TV guides referencing Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday and there used to be a great lineup of Movies on to watch while gorging chocolate.

Haven’t checked the TV for the next few days. Any decent movies on?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haven’t checked the TV for the next few days. Any decent movies on?

John wick 3 is on tonight....

• Advertisement

I posted a few months ago about the problem with this thread on mobile. Anyone else not seeing a new page until there are three posts on it? So the thread shows up as having new posts on "my forums" but I can't see the posts unless there are at least two more :(

Advertisement