Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's been quite misty and foggy the past few days, overcast too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Why does this week already feel 6 days long?!

Was only thinking that myself this morning. Its unusual insofar as I've been really busy with work (hence posting less in here) but the days seem to be really dragging for me.
    I suspect its pure weariness around the whole level 5 thing at this stage. Its so monotonous now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Judging by the traffic, and amount of people crammed onto buses this week, level 5 is actually over and nobody has told me yet!

Judging by the traffic, and amount of people crammed onto buses this week, level 5 is actually over and nobody has told me yet!

Judging by the levels of traffic on the M50 & M11 to Bray this morning I'd have to agree, it was close enough to being normal pre pandemic levels.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I had to drive through town on Sunday and I drove out of town by the side of Heuston station.I was stopped at the lights at the Chapelizod bypass/South circular road junction and I turned my head to left just randomly gazing. In the window of one of the Island Bridge apartments was a full Christmas tree resplendent in all its finery and fully lit up.

Made me smile and perked up my evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭CandyButcher

DvB wrote: »
    Judging by the levels of traffic on the M50 & M11 to Bray this morning I'd have to agree, it was close enough to being normal pre pandemic levels.

Is traffic really still bad southbound in the morning times finglas to Tallaght? Has it not eased up with remote working

Is traffic really still bad southbound in the morning times finglas to Tallaght? Has it not eased up with remote working

Not often I need to drive that route thankfully as I'm WFH myself, but this morning it was pretty heavy at 7.30am. Last time I drove that route (early January) it took me about 30 minutes, today it took an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Haven't had a minute to pop in here lately...little man is keeping me busy!

Well, I got my mother's day present early and I thought you all might approve- an ice cream maker!!:D It's one of my husband's more 'out there' gift ideas but I can't wait to use it! Planning on trying out mint chocolate chip this weekend :D

Nothing else happening in our little world...

Hope everyone's having a lovely Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

jellybear wrote: »
    Nothing else happening in our little world..

Think we all the same!

Oooh, an ice cream maker! What an unusual and imaginative gift. Love it!

Everyone around to jellybear's for ice cream once the restrictions lift. :D

• Advertisement

Oooh, an ice cream maker! What an unusual and imaginative gift. Love it!

Everyone around to jellybear's for ice cream once the restrictions lift. :D

He said he wanted to get something little man and I can use together...so cute!

Oh yes, 100%!! Get your requests in!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

jelly and ice cream :D

Coffee and walnut... my favourite ice cream... hmm ice cream....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ll have brown bread and baileys ice cream thanks :D

Busy walking with little Alfie, we’re outdoors more with the good weather. A bit cooler today but still enjoyable :)

I realised this morning when I was opening the blinds on one of the back window that Santa is still on the windowsill :D

Hope I'm not too late for the ice cream order.......mint please :D

Little man must have anticipated all these ice cream orders...he's awake since 5.10am!!

It's gonna be a looooonnngggg day!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday. Weekend is nearly here :D

Heading off to my bi-weekly site inspection in Kilkenny in a bit, have to say I really look forward to it as its a nice wee drive that gives me some peace & quiet. All thats missing is it being the christmas build up & having christmas fm on the radio!! Still, you cant have everything eh :D

Heading off to my bi-weekly site inspection in Kilkenny in a bit, have to say I really look forward to it as its a nice wee drive that gives me some peace & quiet. All thats missing is it being the christmas build up & having christmas fm on the radio!! Still, you cant have everything eh :D

Drive safe mate. Just back from your neck of the woods (Connolly Hospital in Blanch) and traffic was pretty heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy World Book Day all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I Have the kettle on ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hey folks. Sorry I haven't been on lately, so stressed about the job situation.

In happier news I got a fabulous delivery from Mallowmia in Donegal today, a selection of 8 flavours of marshmallows including Nutella swirl and pink gin & lemon. So excited to try them!!

Mallowmia you say...must go have a look. Support Irish and all that :D

Just back from Kilkenny, traffic was light down & back, both journeys taking under 90 minutes door to door which considering i was heading into lunchtime traffic in Dublin was welcoming to say the least. Love stress free driving like that away from Dublin.

Always get a nice warm feeling on the way back when I see the sign & turn off for Palmerstown House where we brought the kids to the santa express a couple of times (2016 & 2017) as it always brings back good memories. As the visits to Santa are most likely a thing of the past now I must admit I'll miss them terribly as we had so much fun every year on the build up bringing the kids there or to causey farm etc. Feel a little nostalgic now as I write this in fact... such good times we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Still a few houses around Cork with lights still up and flashing :)

Always get a nice warm feeling on the way back when I see the sign & turn off for Palmerstown House where we brought the kids to the santa express a couple of times (2016 & 2017) as it always brings back good memories. As the visits to Santa are most likely a thing of the past now I must admit I'll miss them terribly as we had so much fun every year on the build up bringing the kids there or to causey farm etc. Feel a little nostalgic now as I write this in fact... such good times we had.

I'm lucky that mine are younger than yours so still have a few years to go. Love Santa visits and missed it so much last year. Hopefully we be back to them this year, fingers crossed.

TRS30 wrote: »
    I'm lucky that mine are younger than yours so still have a few years to go. Love Santa visits and missed it so much last year. Hopefully we be back to them this year, fingers crossed.

Make the most of the opportunities if you do get the chance. The innocent years go by so fast its scary.

It's scary how time is flying now, even as we are standing still!! :eek:

Hope you're okay, Caranica and the mallows did the trick. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Make the most of the opportunities if you do get the chance. The innocent years go by so fast its scary.

Realistically you get about 7 to 8 good years out of the kids, don't mean this in a bad way but till they get to 3 or 4 they don't fully get it. And by the time they are 11 the magic is starting to come out of it.
    My oldest is 27 now so your posts on Christmas's with your kids when they were young is making me want grandkids now :)

Realistically you get about 7 to 8 good years out of the kids, don't mean this in a bad way but till they get to 3 or 4 they don't fully get it. And by the time they are 11 the magic is starting to come out of it.
    My oldest is 27 now so your posts on Christmas's with your kids when they were young is making me want grandkids now :)

Yeah, ours were 4 before a visit to santa was entertained by them, & even then our son didnt fancy it at all & our lil lady went in with her mum whilst myself & himself stood outside penneys in the blanchardstown SC. The following year when they were both 5 we brought them to the christmas experience at Tayto Park & had a ball, hence the santa experience becoming an annual event for us. The last one we went to was Causey farm in 2019 when they were 8 (going on 9, as their birthday is January) and pre covid we had asked if they still wanted to do it again in the build up for 2020 & both said they felt a little too old for them... this year at 10 going on 11 we know its simply not gonna happen as it wasnt even brought up in conversation in last years build up so we have accepted that they've moved on from it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah that is sad DvB. Time for a new annual family tradition to be born, it could be great fun getting ideas and input from the kids closer to the time :)

Advertisement