Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

finally got around to it

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I went back to my main team last night and found it incredibly boring playing 4231 again.
    Tried using the same formation but its way more expensive to use to pair other CBs with Ramos.
    Storyline Lacazette's been a big disappointment. NIF Ben Yedder is miles better.
    So went back to the my Serie A team and started hammering teams again. I think its because its Gomez and Dybala in the CAM positions who are fast ,small and agile and between the two of them they just slice the defense open. Doesn't matter who's on LM/RM. I found Overmars better than Insigne due to his 5* weak foot and while 2IF Lozano was awesome base Politano is equally as good cutting in and scoring on his left foot so no point in spending the big bucks.
    I'm definitely bringing in CR7 and Mertens this weekend for WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    I went back to my main team last night and found it incredibly boring playing 4231 again.
    Tried using the same formation but its way more expensive to use to pair other CBs with Ramos.
    Storyline Lacazette's been a big disappointment. NIF Ben Yedder is miles better.
    So went back to the my Serie A team and started hammering teams again. I think its because its Gomez and Dybala in the CAM positions who are fast ,small and agile and between the two of them they just slice the defense open. Doesn't matter who's on LM/RM. I found Overmars better than Insigne due to his 5* weak foot and while 2IF Lozano was awesome base Politano is equally as good cutting in and scoring on his left foot so no point in spending the big bucks.
    I'm definitely bringing in CR7 and Mertens this weekend for WL.

Mertens is quality. Use him as a super sub to bring on RF or LF in a 4321 in my squad. So agile and the finishing + skill moves to match. A lot of fun using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone noticed keepers constantly palming the ball back into danger since the last patch. Have had about 8 or 9 goals scored and conceded since yesterday where a shot from an angle is just parried straight to an attacker with an open goal.
    Mertens is quality. Use him as a super sub to bring on RF or LF in a 4321 in my squad. So agile and the finishing + skill moves to match. A lot of fun using him.

Same, he comes on around 70 mins for me in the central CAM and looks like he is on speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Any idea when bundrsliga or ligue 1 potm sbc is due

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Is defending even a thing in this FIFA? Been trying to zip through my 30 Rivals games and on a pretty horrific run in Division 6 - currently 5-14 (including one co-op game loss) but still have a zero goal difference. Most of the losses have been by 1 goal and usually high scoring games whilst the ones I’ve won have been big wins including 7-0 and 10-1. Had to quit a couple of games as I was getting pummelled in them including one game where my opponent was 551 skill points above me!!!

Never been the best at defending, I don’t have the patience and don’t pay enough attention to tactics. Have noticed though that if I do stay patient and switch to either pressure after possession loss or constant pressure and increase the defending width and depth then I seem to have more success. Still at least I’m getting loads of goals despite the defeats

Beckham cover - guess he’s being added 100%.

https://twitter.com/legacyfifa/status/1329079932182413315?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Is defending even a thing in this FIFA? Been trying to zip through my 30 Rivals games and on a pretty horrific run in Division 6 - currently 5-14 (including one co-op game loss) but still have a zero goal difference. Most of the losses have been by 1 goal and usually high scoring games whilst the ones I’ve won have been big wins including 7-0 and 10-1. Had to quit a couple of games as I was getting pummelled in them including one game where my opponent was 551 skill points above me!!!

Never been the best at defending, I don’t have the patience and don’t pay enough attention to tactics. Have noticed though that if I do stay patient and switch to either pressure after possession loss or constant pressure and increase the defending width and depth then I seem to have more success. Still at least I’m getting loads of goals despite the defeats

you get punished for manually defending, dont switch to your cbs until you absolutely have to and let the ai do the work other wise you get punished for switching to your cbs, its bullsh!t really but atm there is no other options really. you'll still get done by an over the top through ball while both cbs are looking at the ball in the air and you not being able to switch player though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Boulders8 wrote: »

It is possible to defend, but you need to avoid disrupting your back 4 as much as possible. Basically always be controlling one of your midfield unless they are taking on your CB, then switch to your CB and shield them away but again try not to pull them out of the backline. Its the space that kills you, also set your full backs to stay back while attacking.

My 2 cents is don't chase the ball with a defender, be patient and force them into a mistake. That's the general stuff, but to point to anything else, we'd need to see your formation/lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,826 ✭✭✭nerd69

Read somewhere that there tends to be a huge sale on black friday and all players drop in proce do ye know of this is true? Currently trying to grab keane for about 500k but may hold off if it is

• Advertisement

Everyone’s getting a Beckham card! Also interesting for future icon releases that they’ve Beckham at Madrid. Would’ve thought it’s not possible due to rights.

https://twitter.com/nepenthez/status/1329094851539984384?s=21

nerd69 wrote: »
    Read somewhere that there tends to be a huge sale on black friday and all players drop in proce do ye know of this is true? Currently trying to grab keane for about 500k but may hold off if it is

There are flash sales of player packs I believe. Player prices have already started dropping, but they will likely rebound after a few days. I was watching a twitch streamer last night who was talking about it, he seemed to think after Rewards tomorrow would be the best time to buy, but honestly nobody can be 100% sure.

Everyone’s getting a Beckham card! Also interesting for future icon releases that they’ve Beckham at Madrid. Would’ve thought it’s not possible due to rights.

https://twitter.com/nepenthez/status/1329094851539984384?s=21

The club link is a great sign, but unless I am looking at that wrong its not actually an Icon card so it will only link to Real, La Liga and English players.

The card itself, a RM with those stats isn't really much use. By Dec 15th he won't get in many peoples teams other then for pure novelty factor.

Parawind wrote: »
    The club link is a great sign, but unless I am looking at that wrong its not actually an Icon card so it will only link to Real, La Liga and English players.

The card itself, a RM with those stats isn't really much use. By Dec 15th he won't get in many peoples teams other then for pure novelty factor.

his icon cards are coming dec 4th, thats just a free card for playing the game after december 15th

chips1234 wrote: »
    his icon cards are coming dec 4th, thats just a free card for playing the game after december 15th

That's what I mean, there is no way they would give a free Icon.

Parawind wrote: »

I’ll prob use him. Middle CAM he’d do a job.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a frugal United fan, thats awesome.

Even if he doesnt get Icon links, he'll still be ultra easy to link in via AWB and Rashford.

I’ll prob use him. Middle CAM he’d do a job.

I was thinking that might be the only viable option. But when I think about Beckham he is definitely going to have really good crossing, FK and Curve, so when you look at the passing of 90 his long and short passing likely won't be up to much.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As a frugal United fan, thats awesome.

Even if he doesnt get Icon links, he'll still be ultra easy to link in via AWB and Rashford.

its exciting as a united fan, whats annoying me more, is everyone on twitter using the greece game to praise him, he was actually terrible in that game and has had waaaaaaay better performances than running around like a headless chicken and pinging balls at strikers heads from 40 yards away.

I've only got about 30 IFs, and its still slow. But it's a little more active that last year :P Two cycles this morning.

3i9MwpZ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've only got about 30 IFs, and its still slow. But it's a little more active that last year :P Two cycles this morning.

What's happening here, lazy buyers?

No Silver IF Objective this week because EA still haven't figured out a way to have Objectives that don't expire when the season expires.

Have you ever seen a worse IF card :pac:

Screenshot_20201118-181630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I don’t have access to the game anymore as trial expired and so did webapp but it looks from this as though the leagues are being released without any special players.

I know there was none for the conmebal one but thought they still might do them for French league etc.

Just another nail in the coffin of getting good stuff through grinding rather than fifa points
    They cleverly disguised it under the “Beckham” news too

What are the packs like? Are they putting the good ones untradeable again like conmebal?

https://twitter.com/helmardesigns/status/1329124007979986945?s=21

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I don’t have access to the game anymore as trial expired and so did webapp but it looks from this as though the leagues are being released without any special players.

I know there was none for the conmebal one but thought they still might do them for French league etc.

Just another nail in the coffin of getting good stuff through grinding rather than fifa points
    They cleverly disguised it under the “Beckham” news too

What are the packs like? Are they putting the good ones untradeable again like conmebal?

They're basically all untradeable, Saudi League is majority Silver packs and even those are untradeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I guess they're replacing the League SBC players with the objective players like Mollet

RedRochey wrote: »
    I guess they're replacing the League SBC players with the objective players like Mollet

We already had that last year anyway though, except they didn't have an expiry date, Mollet is gone by Friday

EITlAjiX0AIn_PS.jpeg?resize=1000%2C563&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They're basically all untradeable, Saudi League is majority Silver packs and even those are untradeable.

They have to squeeze every ounce of fun out of the game, I seen from a screenshot on Twitter that they’re timed too, they expire after 31 days so stops you chipping away at them a bit here and a bit there as you get the cards.

RedRochey wrote: »
    What's happening here, lazy buyers?

Yeap. People not fully checking prices, and pay over the odds. 5k profit on the Ings, 10k on Fati :P

Man, that sucks bout th league SBCs.

I wonder how much of it is because by th end of last year, it was hugely profitable to grind through them, and made the Icon SBCs ultra cheap too.

I did about thirty Icon SBCs last year, and barely spent a coin thanks to league SBCs.

Pathetic from them.

• Advertisement

I'm not even particularly upset about the packs being untradeable, I think that was a given with the way things have been going (though I did see a great idea on Twitter saying they should make all SBC packs the same as Rivals rewards, you can choose between tradeable packs or double the packs as untradeables)

What really upsets me is there being no player reward at the end of the League SBCs. These SBCs were basically the only opportunity for non Top 5 Leagues to actually get special cards.

Like this is every special card the Saudi League got before TOTS last year, 75% of them were from the League SBC:

7ZJfyCu.png

Advertisement