Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

AdamD wrote: »
    To be honest I read this and the guy had a complete god squad with Mbappe and Neymar so difficult to take it seriously, most tactics would work with them I would think.

You saying it worked with a more reasonable set up?

yep.
    I used it for the Correa challenge just for fun.
    I had Martinez and Muriel up front and Gomez and Dybala in the CAM.
    Rest are untradeables so since I had 3 pretty good Serie A CBs I gave it a shot.

Now you will concede goals..but damn if you don't score an absolute bucketload with basically 6 players running at his goals.
    I found it extremely enjoyable and easily completed the correa challenge in 6 matches.
    I'm very tempted to buy CR7, IF Lozano , Insigne etc and run with it as my main squad. He did say you need top strikers to finish but seriously I don't rate Martinez or Muriel and they were scoring a load of goals.

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blazer wrote: »
    yep.
    I used it for the Correa challenge just for fun.
    I had Martinez and Muriel up front and Gomez and Dybala in the CAM.
    Rest are untradeables so since I had 3 pretty good Serie A CBs I gave it a shot.

Now you will concede goals..but damn if you don't score an absolute bucketload with basically 6 players running at his goals.
    I found it extremely enjoyable and easily completed the correa challenge in 6 matches.
    I'm very tempted to buy CR7, IF Lozano , Insigne etc and run with it as my main squad. He did say you need top strikers to finish but seriously I don't rate Martinez or Muriel and they were scoring a load of goals.
    Interesting. I packed SIF Lozano untradeable so have been using him off the bench and hes been pretty terrible for me. Now its been as a RM in a 4-4-2 so he'd likely be better further up but hes been borderline useless. One of those players that seems to be running in the mud despite a high pace stat, and dribbling felt nothing like his card.

Will try him in a different team/formation at some point but right now I wouldn't recommend him at all. IF Zaha as my LM for example feels significantly better, even my old supersub - regular Taison, seemed more effective.

Interesting. I packed SIF Lozano untradeable so have been using him off the bench and hes been pretty terrible for me. Now its been as a RM in a 4-4-2 so he'd likely be better further up but hes been borderline useless. One of those players that seems to be running in the mud despite a high pace stat, and dribbling felt nothing like his card.

Will try him in a different team/formation at some point but right now I wouldn't recommend him at all. IF Zaha as my LM for example feels significantly better, even my old supersub - regular Taison, seemed more effective.

damn I just bought the ****er lol
    but you could be right. Politano and Goosens were getting into key scoring areas but only scored a few times.
    I've brought in Koulibally , 2IF Lorzano and Insigne so will see how they get on.
    But like I said..its a very enjoyable formation where you will absolutely score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone used that Ollie Watkins 2IF? Have come up against him a few times now and he reminds me of Rulebreaker Inaki Williams, he's just an absolute tank with loads of pace too. Tempted to pick him up to replace good old faithful Rodrigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I think im done with this game, somehow managed to end up in a 2 v1 match there, and lost 4-3, all 4 of their goals, came from the ball deflecting off defenders to their striker, bullsh*t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Frisbee wrote: »
    Anyone used that Ollie Watkins 2IF? Have come up against him a few times now and he reminds me of Rulebreaker Inaki Williams, he's just an absolute tank with loads of pace too. Tempted to pick him up to replace good old faithful Rodrigo.

I got him as one of my picks last week, only used him from the bench but he seems pretty good for his price.

He is also pretty decent in the air, I lost a WL league game to a header that he scored against Van Dijk/Varane. They decided to mark each other and leave him to attack the ball instead.

Still it was a hell of a header, so I checked out his stats. 5' 11" with 94 Jumping and 94 Heading Accuracy. Then include 92 agility and 93 Sprint Speed, no wonder he is popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Day 2 of praying for that EoE Mascherano card in 7 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is there any hope of new objectives before the season ends? I'm about 15k short of the last card and even if I competed every objective remaining I'd be short

Day 2 of praying for that EoE Mascherano card in 7 minutes

No new SBCs today.

We get an Objective for a 55k pack in a new Friendlies mode, you have to win 6 matches to get the pack......but you only have 12 games to do so. They're now limiting the amount of Friendlies you can play.

The biggest luxury of having Objectives in Friendlies over Rivals was that there was no consequences for quitting a match, now there are consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

That new objective is absolute bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Is there an expiry on the Mollet objective? On the playstation it doesn't say anything but on the app is says 2 days?

End of the season - Friday.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Is there an expiry on the Mollet objective? On the playstation it doesn't say anything but on the app is says 2 days?

If any Objective doesn't have a timer on it it just means it expires with the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No new SBCs today.

We get an Objective for a 55k pack in a new Friendlies mode, you have to win 6 matches to get the pack......but you only have 12 games to do so. They're now limiting the amount of Friendlies you can play.

The biggest luxury of having Objectives in Friendlies over Rivals was that there was no consequences for quitting a match, now there are consequences.

That is absolute bs

Literally the one thing FIFA 21 has been getting overwhelming praise for is allowing us to complete Objectives in a stress-free game mode and now they're trying to undo that.

Also they have the MLS POTM card design in the database and there have been 2-3 MLS POTMs awarded since the game came out, but they haven't done anything for a single one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sure you can get someone to give you 6 wins in friendlies and vice versa.

If you can't you are missing this super mega 55k pack, 1x82 and 1x83 maybe.

Not sure what's the fuss is about.

You can't get every single possible pack available through the objectives. And even if you can some will then post about their disappointment how 6 wins in friendly games was too much for 1x82.

Just forget about it if you can't or won't do it. It is one pack out of hundreds.

Same with sbc. You want one every day? Sure that's fun. But there are SBCs pretty much every day.

wonski wrote: »
    Sure you can get someone to give you 6 wins in friendlies and vice versa.

If you can't you are missing this super mega 55k pack, 1x82 and 1x83 maybe.

Not sure what's the fuss is about.

You can't get every single possible pack available through the objectives. And even if you can some will then post about their disappointment how 6 wins in friendly games was too much for 1x82.

Just forget about it if you can't or won't do it. It is one pack out of hundreds.

Same with sbc. You want one every day? Sure that's fun. But there are SBCs pretty much every day.

You can't play it with a friend? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mgoraf wrote: »
    You can't play it with a friend? Or am I missing something?

You can, that's why I don't get the complaints ;)

And even if you can't I still don't get it ;)

It's a pack. You either get it or not.

I don't see where the option to play a friend is? Can only invite to the normal friendly modes.

It's because in general there's enough toxic play with rivals and weekend league without turning friendlies into a competitive mode when there's enough of them already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, just seen the friendlies thing. Reminds me of the WL entry tournies from the first few years of WL, except even worse returns this time round. All untradeable packs :pac: hope to god they don’t go that way for the silver tourney. They’ve just turned friendlies into div rivals v2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Conceded a goal where I was milled out of it, no foul. Tackled the guys players 5 times as he advanced the ball up the pitch, and he scored.

Speaking of DDA, I was grinding the objective to get 500 goals/assists (normally only play with low rated teams, so still didn't have it).... the beginner AI seemed to turned legendary at one point and randomly scored a goal against me. I mean like, they never move normally and suddenly they are knocking the ball around and ploughing through my defense. Bizarre stuff!

Checked Lozano and he’s high/low so he’s always going to work better at RW than RM.
    Played first rivals game (div4) and Lozano got 4 goals for me. He’s always been a nemesis for me in Fifa and he still feels great :).
    Won 7-2 easily so damnit I think I’ll run with this for weekend league for kicks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Do you have to use 8 champions league players in the starting squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Quality matching. FFS. I've never played anyone >300 points lower than me.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

dmigsy wrote: »
    Quality matching. FFS. I've never played anyone >300 points lower than me.

image.png

Thats what happens in Div 1, there's such a small pool of players with that high rank. They always play people about 1850+

Parawind wrote: »
    Thats what happens in Div 1, there's such a small pool of players with that high rank. They always play people about 1850+

Great. I'm going to enjoy getting my ass handed to me game after game.

Finished with my Untradeables experiment. Was fun but it's hard to compete. Would love if there was a game mode where you could only select untradeable cards though.

Happy with the new team. Atal, Mukiele and Maignan are the only survivors from the Untradables. Varane and Hierro will be the next additions once I've scrounged enough coins together.

Veron and Rui Costa are class. Veron playing as DM is like a cross between Sissoko and Scholes. Wins loads of ball and can spray all sorts of passes and pings a few goals in from distance.

Rui Costa seems to roam all over the front line even though I have him starting as the left-sided CAM in a 4-2-3-1 and is not set to a free role. Work out as a good balance to Gelson Martins who just blasts down the line and lumps crosses in towards Ronaldo.

image.png

Good old Rui.. my very first icon I did in fifa 18 and he was amazing for me in 451.
    Himself and Zola were my favourite icons I ever used and that includes R9 and a few other higher tier icons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Good old Rui.. my very first icon I did in fifa 18 and he was amazing for me in 451.
    Himself and Zola were my favourite icons I ever used and that includes R9 and a few other higher tier icons.

Ooh what a throwback to 18. First icon I ever did was Crespo, absolutely loved him. Lethal up front and finished everything on his plate. I remember pushing him back to CAM to accommodate others and he still did the job there.

Advertisement