Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone tried out RTTF Correa yet? I got the objective done last night but haven’t tried him out. Still got the Lique 1 and MLS challenges to complete but slow going on those

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Has anybody seen the goal doing the rounds on twitter from De Gea, not sure if its real but its a save where the ball rocochets all the way back to the other end and over the keeper

yeah saw it last week on reddit.. I'd believe it..
    I remember playing a mate back in fifa 17 and he does a sliding tacking from full sprint into my player from 50 yards out and the ball skims across the grass and into the goals.
    Ridiculous and I've seen more crazier ones over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah saw it last week on reddit.. I'd believe it..
    I remember playing a mate back in fifa 17 and he does a sliding tacking from full sprint into my player from 50 yards out and the ball skims across the grass and into the goals.
    Ridiculous and I've seen more crazier ones over the years.

Iv'e seen more goals now to, good god, they pretty much sum up everything about the game and EA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Parawind wrote: »
    Well if it makes you feel better I went 9-0 to start, then a few mixed results and then lost 8 of my last 9.

I don't get this game sometimes. The games I lost towards the end were completely bizarre, none of my players could play a decent pass even when my opponents only had 2 men in my half of the pitch.

What is really bizarre is that these were clearly a much lower standard of player then the players I had been beating earlier and yet with almost no movement my defence was completely open and my CDM's seemed to be constantly out of position.

After I came back from 4-0 down to draw level at 4-4 and then lose on penalties I just gave up.

haha it doesnt make me feel better :D like i said its my own fault, i lost 2 of my first 6 games v people i should never be losing to, thats 24 wins then i just need to find 3 wins to get to 27 which is definitely possible given i think there was 1 game i lost of the 8 that i said to myself he was 100% definitely the better player, the others i could of won for sure.

i need to be more confident going into games tbh too often im not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ah here? WL games are counted for rivals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played a game just now where the guy had 78 chem, had Adrian starting GK on 3 chem, Dembele at CB on 1 chem, RB Cuadrado at LB as a RWB on 1 chem and Semedo at RW on 6 chem.

Didnt make a single difference... he subbed on Courtois, pushed Semedo at CB, Dembele LW and Cuadrado RW. Got battered 5-1 as chem didn’t affect his players one bit. So much ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played a game just now where the guy had 78 chem, had Adrian starting GK on 3 chem, Dembele at CB on 1 chem, RB Cuadrado at LB as a RWB on 1 chem and Semedo at RW on 6 chem.

Didnt make a single difference... he subbed on Courtois, pushed Semedo at CB, Dembele LW and Cuadrado RW. Got battered 5-1 as chem didn’t affect his players one bit. So much ****e.

Yeah Silver Lounge has really hammered home how little chemistry matters. First few weeks nobody had high chem silver teams, I actually was able to put one together as I had loads of silvers picked up cheap for the PL League SBC. Routinely playing guys with sub-60 chem, while I was on 100 chem and getting battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

dmigsy wrote: »
    Might give him another go.

I find Rttf Kounde class. Replaced Lenglet for me as intended

TOTW Bamford has a hammer of a left foot, played aguero and vardy in 3 games together, 0 goals, Aguero and Bamford has 8 in 5, Bamford 6 of them, lol

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah Silver Lounge has really hammered home how little chemistry matters. First few weeks nobody had high chem silver teams, I actually was able to put one together as I had loads of silvers picked up cheap for the PL League SBC. Routinely playing guys with sub-60 chem, while I was on 100 chem and getting battered.

I’ve come across it a couple times already in rivals - but usually only one or two players on 3 chem, but that fella had multiple players on 1 chem and 3 chem, was mad. Genuinely made no difference at all to his players.

• Advertisement

I had posted a video earlier on it from Nealsguides where he talked about this.
    He says forget chem...Kane on 10 chem will be slow and poor dribbling regardless of his chem. Overmars on 5 chem will be still far more agile, fast. Better to have Overmars on 5 chem at RW than Gnarby at 10 chem he says because of their baseline stats.
    Since I started following it I've ran upto Div 4 and should hit div 3 as soon as I start playing again with basic cards. Its the reason why I still have the 1.8 million coins. I don't think it will bring me much more unless I get the really elite cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Played to 14-5 (was 12-1 but knew I only wanted 14 so just quit when I went 1-0 down) and hopefully got enough points to secure D1R1 again, 1000 above the threshold at the moment.

Game tested my patience a bit when I conceded all 3 of these in the same match :pac:

0lX4dE0.gif

tYixbYT.gif

fbnCXLD.gif

In good news Mascherano announced his retirement and so his EoE will be slotting right into my team alongside Gerrard and Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-20201116-153007.jpg

I gutted my team last night and this is how I'm lining up in game. There's great value out there now.

I got KDB for less than 200k and Son for 100k. Played four games of Rivals Div 2 and won 3, where before I was struggling a bit. Son seems top class. I'll try to get Pogba in when I get some coins.

In good news Mascherano announced his retirement and so his EoE will be slotting right into my team alongside Gerrard and Torres.

All we need now is EA to drop an Alonso icon card and the core is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

3 RTTF group friendlies. 3 times mbappe subbed on by opponent

A guy on Reddit got elite this weekend playing 3412 and posted his tactics.
    Tried them for the Correa challenge and it’s great fun. I do have a fairly decent Serie a team with Gomez who’s a ****in beast but I’m ripping through far better teams as you have players going forward. Great fun and I’m 4-0 so far .

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since the last Flashback SBC :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Whats the deal with the RTTF Group Stage and Classic. The requirements says min 7 rare UCL players for one and min 3 for the other.

The 3 for the Classic can be on my bench, but the 7 for the Group Stage won't let me start unless they are all playing. The requirements for the both are the same, just the number is different.

Time to start saving packs for....something? I'll say TOTY but if some interesting promo comes out before then I might open them. Plan is to save all untradeables and continue opening tradeables, can't quit packs cold turkey for 2 months :p

• Advertisement

Just beat a guy with a 4m squad (Mid Torres, Mbappe, Kante, IF Maximin, Salah, IF Gomez, Mendy etc) with my 30k squad :pac:

Beat him quite emphatically too.. 4-3, 60% possession, 12 shots 8 on target to his 6 and 5.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since the last Flashback SBC :o

Yeah lack of content is really striking at the moment. Without Icon Swaps once you finish an objective player you are done. Praying we get another Mollet this week at some stage.
    Time to start saving packs for....something? I'll say TOTY but if some interesting promo comes out before then I might open them. Plan is to save all untradeables and continue opening tradeables, can't quit packs cold turkey for 2 months :p

Yeah I've started saving packs, 51 at the moment. Plan is to keep them for TOTY as if we have a similar schedule to last year the only promos we are likely to see before Christmas now is TOTGS.

A new update to fix nothing ;), they have increased the distance a ball can travel after a blocked animation, something about fouls but i dont think it seems to fix where you can hack a player down and get no card and goalkeepers scoring og's after getting pushed into the goal

Lots more included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Frisbee wrote:
    Yeah I've started saving packs, 51 at the moment. Plan is to keep them for TOTY as if we have a similar schedule to last year the only promos we are likely to see before Christmas now is TOTGS.

Was there not a team of the year so far last year, or was that later?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Was there not a team of the year so far last year, or was that later?

Yeah Team of the Season So Far replaced Team of the Season in May or whenever it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just beat a guy with a 4m squad (Mid Torres, Mbappe, Kante, IF Maximin, Salah, IF Gomez, Mendy etc) with my 30k squad :pac:

Beat him quite emphatically too.. 4-3, 60% possession, 12 shots 8 on target to his 6 and 5.

Ive been on receiving end of plenty if these i like to think it says little about either player?

I often got destroyed by Rodriguez or that asian dude thats up front in german league... If you come up against someone that can use dribble and skill moves it balances the power remarkably.

Just posting up the custom tactics for 3412.
    I’m loving it , very entertaining games

F006-E211-CAE6-493-B-B8-DB-64-C36-A853-DE4.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, Mane has become the latest victim of "Dave bought him, let's crash his price!"

Bought him for 320k last week, and he's only 270k now. :( Literally every time I buy a player, they crash hard.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ive been on receiving end of plenty if these i like to think it says little about either player?

I often got destroyed by Rodriguez or that asian dude thats up front in german league... If you come up against someone that can use dribble and skill moves it balances the power remarkably.

Oh yeah, just satisfying beating a team over 10x the cost of yours. Especially when I was getting trounced by god squads before :pac:

I’ve started learning the dribble function and it’s improved my gameplay a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blazer wrote: »
    A guy on Reddit got elite this weekend playing 3412 and posted his tactics.
    Tried them for the Correa challenge and it’s great fun. I do have a fairly decent Serie a team with Gomez who’s a ****in beast but I’m ripping through far better teams as you have players going forward. Great fun and I’m 4-0 so far .

To be honest I read this and the guy had a complete god squad with Mbappe and Neymar so difficult to take it seriously, most tactics would work with them I would think.

You saying it worked with a more reasonable set up?

Advertisement