Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Blazer wrote: »
    a lot of my losses are doing stupid things..
    like trying to play a long pass with Campbell the other day and I immediately knew I was screwed as he was out of position, gave the ball away and my opponent got to the ball and scored.
    Some games I just switch off and you instantly know you're doomed :D

Yeah awareness of the player you are controlling and their limitations is key. Even moments Sol Campbell only has 70 long passing and 58 Vision, I wouldn't be playing more then a 10 yard pass with those stats.

Also something that has become very obvious to me is that when you or your opponent gives away possession with a pass from defender. After you have turned over possession that player or the next player he passes too has a far greater chance of scoring. Its easier to get a shot away and generally they are more accurate and hit with more power.

Its like the game says the attacker is now on the front foot for the next 15-20 seconds or until you make 2 passes. Pass to a third player and things are back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Parawind wrote: »
    Its a fair question. But I actually enjoy the gameplay in this years game.

Apologies for sticking it to ye lol, this thread is just a moanfest this year. Every weekend moan moan moan, every Thursday moan moan moan. Nowt against yourself in particular, it's everyone, even Blazer lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Apologies for sticking it to ye lol, this thread is just a moanfest this year. Every weekend moan moan moan, every Thursday moan moan moan. Nowt against yourself in particular, it's everyone, even Blazer lol :P

lol I'll take that as a compliment in that I rarely moan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

But aren't you always moaning also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

You only seem to post on here to complain about people moaning. A meta-moaner.

• Advertisement

It's Inception style moaning, you're now moaning about me moaning about folk moaning lol. So many levels, so much moaning. Keep an eye on it, you'll see the pattern.

It's Inception style moaning, you're now moaning about me moaning about folk moaning lol. So many levels, so much moaning. Keep an eye on it, you'll see the pattern.

but who moaned first? :D

I'm going for Jayo :D

I'm going for Jayo :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can we stick to the topic please and not let this moaning get out of hand!!

Don't make me dust off the ban hammer :cool:

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Can we stick to the topic please and not let this moaning get out of hand!!

Don't make me dust off the ban hammer :cool:

I say it was Mr Moan..I mean Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Haha i'm thicker skinned then that don't worry. It less like moaning and more like exchanging painful stories at an AA support group. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What's the quickest way to get the FUT Friendly wins these days lads?

I have about 60 to do in order to get the Jumbo Players and Ultimate Packs from the FUT Friendly milestones, and they'd be good to have for TOTS.

Put together a One League team as if I'm doing Icon Swaps and blast through them hoping for golden goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can I genuinely ask why You still follow this thread to the extent that You obviously do? It's been a moanfest in various facets for YEARS. I follow it here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a thread then, not my life. I followed it 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago i moaned, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the thread makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Ps.... ADAPTED FROM THE WISE WORDS OF LIAMALONE

BrentMused wrote: »
    What's the quickest way to get the FUT Friendly wins these days lads?

I have about 60 to do in order to get the Jumbo Players and Ultimate Packs from the FUT Friendly milestones, and they'd be good to have for TOTS.

Put together a One League team as if I'm doing Icon Swaps and blast through them hoping for golden goal?

is it really worth doing 60 matches for those packs?
    I had thought of doing it including the league packs and then said to hell with it.
    Not a chance am I wasting my time with those.

is it really worth doing 60 matches for those packs?
    I had thought of doing it including the league packs and then said to hell with it.
    Not a chance am I wasting my time with those.

What packs ever are, but with golden goal it should be quick enough?

To experiment I started shortly after posting on here. Put together a PL One League team as that's the league I have the best players in.

I literally got 10 wins done in 11 games, all golden goal. The 1 I didn't get was because I quit at 2-0 up once it became clear my opponent didn't want to do golden goal (which is fair enough).

There's no content of interest at all so for the sake of a few hours over the next week or so it's probably worth it for 225,000 worth of packs ahead of TOTS.

might give it a shot then maybe although my pc is arriving tomorrow and getting back into dayz.
    fifa will rapidly drop down in my gaming time.

might give it a shot then maybe although my pc is arriving tomorrow and getting back into dayz.
    fifa will rapidly drop down in my gaming time.

Don't get me wrong, if there was literally anything else to do on the game at the moment I wouldn't be doing this, but it will end up being a hell of a lot quicker than it seems and it is 225,000 worth of packs I suppose.

Watch Tadic be the best thing in both now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Does this weekend’s wl give tots red picks?
    I had it in my head that they only started for prem and not community tots.

But I’m assuming with the fut champs logo on the welcome screen now it means they’re in the red picks?

I’m off work Friday so would probably play this weekend if I know for def it’s tots picks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Does this weekend’s wl give tots red picks?
    I had it in my head that they only started for prem and not community tots.

But I’m assuming with the fut champs logo on the welcome screen now it means they’re in the red picks?

I’m off work Friday so would probably play this weekend if I know for def it’s tots picks

Yeah there will be Community TOTS red picks. Last year I got Mitrovic and Thiago TOTS picks from Gold 3.

EDIT: Mitro was from the EFL one obviously which is grouped together with the Community TOTS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given behaviour this year, I’m waiting for EA to announce something that takes tots out of red picks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pitty that greenwood inform wasnt a few months ago it would of been a cool card to use.

Nsame and Voland. Can’t complain bout such high rated fodder at this point. I’d have liked Red Greenwood for the United team but cest la vie.

Don’t usually save packs but will this week ahead of TOTS. Probably going to start shifting some of my Hennessy cards during the week too and see about investing in one or two high rated icons to boost my chances of getting TOTS Reds.

Yeah I'm saving packs too. Going to save them for PL TOTS next week and should have 50+ to open at that point with about half of them being of decent value.

From what I've read and what I remember in previous years (didn't play 20 until after TOTS was released) the pack weight for TOTS pulls is actually pretty decent?

I'm looking forward to making a few more useable squads with different players from different leagues I never would have used prior to TOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

BrentMused wrote:
    From what I've read and what I remember in previous years (didn't play 20 until after TOTS was released) the pack weight for TOTS pulls is actually pretty decent?

It's ****e until utots being honest. Have a feeling they're really going to screw us over this year too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Rewards:

86 Nsame
    81 Trimmel
    82 Maclaren
    83 Kjaer

84 Lucas Paqueta
    82 Maclaren
    81 Omlin
    77 Johnson

I remember packing a tonne of them last year, but it was incredibly easy to self sustain SBCs. You could cycle through league SBCs for next to nothing (and usually turn a decent profit), put the league player cards into guaranteed TOTS cards, and get a few free each week.

Removing the league SBC players though will make it a lot harder this year. On the other hand, player pick SBCs are more common too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does the premiership TOTS always come after the community? So it'll start on the 30th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Silver 2. Got red greenwood. Happy with that he slots in nicely in my underpowered team lol

Advertisement