Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I found that Friday was the best day this weekend for WL. Server performance was perfect but then again I'm off fridays so was able to get an early start while most would be at work or school.
    Think I'll try and knock out as many games as I can going forward on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RedRochey wrote: »
    Ya my IFs haven't changed much at all, there's just so much supply of them

Think I can get sell out now and break even, might do that just because I'm sick of the sight of them just sitting there :D

Think the rise is just a bit slower as everyone’s cautious with TOTS coming up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Think the rise is just a bit slower as everyone’s cautious with TOTS coming up next week.

Honestly think you guys missed the totw massive rises.
    They generally aren't needed for tots, so I'd be cashing out in the next few days if I had a lot invested in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

RossieMan wrote: »
    Honestly think you guys missed the totw massive rises.
    They generally aren't needed for tots, so I'd be cashing out in the next few days if I had a lot invested in them.

But they haven't even risen to a normal price range, I've an 81 rated french IF barely going for 17k, all other 81 rated french IFs are above 25k

I know it's all supply and demand but even normal circumstances they should have risen more

If you've got coins, high rated cards are the ones to but now. Most are down 10k since 6 o clock alone.
    Alisson is 15k down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

If you've got coins, high rated cards are the ones to but now. Most are down 10k since 6 o clock alone.
    Alisson is 15k down!

Welcome back Rossieman! Do you think these high rated cards will rise again ?

GavK wrote:

Cheers. Been back on PS4/pc this year.
    Not to what they were. But worth the risk of them dropping something between now and Friday. Could make a quick buck, there will likely be fodder tots cards next week though so need to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

GavK wrote: »

I'd imagine they are going to drop more when people open packs for Toty?

I'd imagine they are going to drop more when people open packs for Toty?

I’d say they’ll drop with initial supply and creep back up for the guaranteed TOTS pack. Not sure if it’ll do it for community as I can’t remember what happened last year, but p much guaranteed it’ll rise with PL TOTS.

did another prime icon..
    German.... CM.....woohoo bloody Math....****e..Schweinsteiger...forgot about him :(

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote:
    did another prime icon.. German.... CM.....woohoo bloody Math....****e..Schweinsteiger...forgot about him

Ballack was also an option. The prime icon pack really seems to be about 10 different icons with a small sprinkling of decent icons.

Ballack was also an option. The prime icon pack really seems to be about 10 different icons with a small sprinkling of decent icons.

yeah I can't complain about it really.
    Did it 3 times and Got Eusebio, Nistlerooy and Bastian.
    If I didn't already have Sanches and Jones I could have Bastian and PIM Ballack in midfield as well.
    Have the feeling I'll end up throwing both into Zambrotta etc who will get into my first team in place of Campbell.

Blazer wrote:
    yeah I can't complain about it really. Did it 3 times and Got Eusebio, Nistlerooy and Bastian. If I didn't already have Sanches and Jones I could have Bastian and PIM Ballack in midfield as well. Have the feeling I'll end up throwing both into Zambrotta etc who will get into my first team in place of Campbell.

Don't become the problem! This rb/lb meta really is the worst meta there's even been. Bring back the scoop crosses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh great to have the resident expert back to cast judgment from the lofty positions of grandeur. Lol.

Don't become the problem! This rb/lb meta really is the worst meta there's even been. Bring back the scoop crosses!

Zambrotta is awesome though... I tried him out for 5 loan games and he was miles better than Campbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Zambrotta is awesome though... I tried him out for 5 loan games and he was miles better than Campbell.

He is very good he has excellent positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Really like the look of that PIM Essien card to replace my base Kante, but I presume the cost of the SBC will drop significantly over the next couple of weeks once the high rated TOTS cards become common place?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Really like the look of that PIM Essien card to replace my base Kante, but I presume the cost of the SBC will drop significantly over the next couple of weeks once the high rated TOTS cards become common place?

oh yeah they'll drop bigtime.
    I'm holding off myself on Zambrotta for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

having not played in years and only recently come back to it, how common are TOTS cards?

Cyrus wrote: »
    having not played in years and only recently come back to it, how common are TOTS cards?

I only started playing in May last year and pretty much had a full combined TOTS/Summer Heat/Icon team very soon afterwards.

There are lots of guaranteed TOTS SBC's for the various leagues too.

Pretty much everyone I played seemed to have teams like the above so they seem to be very common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Gone 8-0 in the rivals the last two days, everyone just playing with what appear untraceable cards has really levelled the playing field.

Put together an arsenal past and present team

Leno
    87 Cole, moments Campbell, 84 SIF Tierney
    91 Pires, 88 petit, 86 partey, 90 ozil, 86 pepe
    Moments Wright, 90 podolski

Went 0-9 and dropped from div 3 to div 5 and had to sell them all, the team should have been more than capable of holding its own, shows the flaws in the game mechanics

stuchyg wrote: »
    Gone 8-0 in the rivals the last two days, everyone just playing with what appear untraceable cards has really levelled the playing field.

Put together an arsenal past and present team

Leno
    87 Cole, moments Campbell, 84 SIF Tierney
    91 Pires, 88 petit, 86 partey, 90 ozil, 86 pepe
    Moments Wright, 90 podolski

Went 0-9 and dropped from div 3 to div 5 and had to sell them all, the team should have been more than capable of holding its own, shows the flaws in the game mechanics

I did the same last year with a prime moments team which included R94.
    A team which included Linkeker, Zola, Ballack, Petit, Carlos and a few others....
    I sold the tradeable ones after about 5 games...absolutely farcical.
    Ah well definitely my last fifa this time around (until it comes to gamepass).
    Back on PC this week and xbox is going bye bye.

Now why am I getting a hint of deja vu?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tots squads seem to be reduced from 20 to 15.

Amazing how they take take take away from the game progressively

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Tots squads seem to be reduced from 20 to 15.

Amazing how they take take take away from the game progressively

Guaranteed that some of the 15 will be repeats from TOTS Community

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Scraped players together to do the icon pack. Shearer. I put better players in ffs.

A mountain of fodder coupled with lack of content and declining interest in the game this week led me to try another Prime Icon SBC.

Vieri. Ugh.

Decided to try one more and out popped Dalglish.

Looks a great card but leaves me with a bit of a selection headache as I already have Prime Cantona. In the few games I tried Cantona as a CAM he's way, way better as an ST and obviously Dalglish can't play the CAM role with his passing.

Delighted with the pull but I'll have to adjust my game or experiment with a 2 striker formation to get the best out of both I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Parawind wrote: »
    I assume the problem is now since they use AWS they can scale down the number of servers based on their projected number of players. So even when the player base is low they will lower the number of servers in use to save costs but they always under estimate how much server capacity they require.

This is the problem, its not about getting disconnected. That basically never happens and the lag is not as visible as previous years as they utilize lag compensation. So instead of visible lag the game looks normal but your players don't respond the way they should.

The common examples of it are:
    • Passes are under and over hit dramatically by players with 99 passing & vision under no pressure.
    • Your players range of Left stick turning feels far more restricted.
    • Players step out of position incorrectly, to cut off passing lanes or anticipate interception opportunities that don't make sense.
    • Skill Moves fail to execute correctly
    • RB/R1 dribbling does respond correctly
    • Player switching is delayed and sometimes switching to less ideal defenders.
    • Players who are closer to the ball and should be favorites to pick up lose possession don't react.
    • Players don't jostle even when you are right on top of the player in possession, in situations where you would normally take possession or have the player under pressure.
    • Timing of headers is off
    • Extremely difficult to apply pressure to your opponents (down to reduced speed and range of movement)
    • Acceleration and Sprint Speed of players seems to be reduced. (Players with 99 Acc & SS getting outpaced by players with 85 Acc & SS in a straight footrace for the ball)

I'm sure there are more too, but those are some of the most impacting. So you can see why people pull there hair out. When you are playing against top skill players you can't compensate for all of that. It is also really clear that most times your opponent is able to play the game normally as you can see they are able to do things so much quicker then you.

Most people don't notice or think its just bad luck or high pressure etc. But when you are playing at the higher levels with and against god tier squads its really obvious when it happens because a single player out of position or misplaced pass or mistimed run has a huge impact and can be the difference between winning and losing.

Can I genuinely ask why You still play this game to the extent that You obviously do? It's been broken in various facets for YEARS. I play here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a game then, not my life. I got beaten 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the game makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Edit: I played loads the past years.

I might regret this if they drop something big tonight or tomorrow night, but I decided to cash in on my IF's and other investments.

I had been holding for about 3 weeks and it didn't seem like they were ever really going to take off, and with the market crash ahead of TOTS, there's a couple of players I want that are now within reach if I had the coins available.

That said, I still made an average profit of just under 4k per card for a total profit of circa 300,000 after tax. It's about a quarter of what I expected if the IF's had gone the same way as they did during their big rise last month, but still not too shabby.

I badly need to improve at CB and RAM, so PIM Cannavaro and FUT Birthday Atal have now joined the club! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Liamalone wrote: »
    Can I genuinely ask why You still play this game to the extent that You obviously do? It's been broken in various facets for YEARS. I play here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a game then, not my life. I got beaten 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the game makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Edit: I played loads the past years.

Its a fair question. But I actually enjoy the gameplay in this years game and to myself a lot of the content is new as I didn't really engage much with FUT for the past 2-3 years until FIFA 21 & lockdown.

Everything I listed in that post isn't a problem per say, those are just the side affects of one single larger problem. It is extremely frustrating however even in spite of that impact, I still win more games then I lose which obviously keeps me coming back. When you do experience the good gameplay, the games are really enjoyable and you can be very creative with your play too.

I also do enjoy the challenge of defending manually and I do it with actual Centre Backs too which might give you an indication that I also have somewhat masochistic tendencies. :D

• Advertisement

a lot of my losses are doing stupid things..
    like trying to play a long pass with Campbell the other day and I immediately knew I was screwed as he was out of position, gave the ball away and my opponent got to the ball and scored.
    Some games I just switch off and you instantly know you're doomed :D

Advertisement