Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Know how you feel, did the Cadiz sbc yesterday after spending an hour trying to snipe some players for an ultimate pack.

Best player from the Ultimate pack was an 82 Emre Can

I've only got 3 players for it. Probably looking at 70k to finish it and that's if I can find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Managed to run through the Bundesliga League SBC earlier.

It didn't cost me too much apart from Arminia and Union. Both of those probably cost me 50k combined, but I was surprised to see how many of the other teams I had at least 4 or 5 players for, sometimes more.

I didn't really pack anything of note throughout but pulled Alisson from the overall pack. I won't use him but nice fodder for a potential Rooney SBC!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've rinsed my club of all gold common cards and crafted 35 two player upgrade packs, any dupes will go into another upgrade, at the end of that I have the premier league ultimate pack to open just before 6pm... (fingers crossed):pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Straight red:

MFBczrd.gif

It's a real problem alright, its why I basically never slide tackle. It also encourages people to play low depth drop back and just try to crowd out attackers. If the tackling was actually reliable I am convinced people would play more open.

Looking closely at the above it looks like the attacker just triggers the animation for the running fake shot as you make the tackle.

In that instance it is either down to poor collision detection or lag compensation meaning that the animation and execution of the button press are not in sync correctly. So what the animation shows is you winning the ball cleanly but either the position of the ball and players body have been calculated as being in different positions.

I have had the AI also just randomly collide off the ball with opposition players and give away penalties. I do think the harshness for small off the ball fouls needs to be increased dramatically. I am finishing games with opposition players having 20-30+ missed tackles in a game where they constantly foul a runner while I am trying to break them down, I get advantage for a split second but my player is completely taken out of the attack and generally it causes the move to breakdown and then no booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Loading a game of rivals, opponents team appears, then the screen goes blank. Every 2 or 3 mins, the stadium pops up for half a second and then the screen goes blank again. The PS5 is still running fine... very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

93 rated Rooney sbc is up, requires an 84, and 84 and 86 team.

Available for 20 days so should get it done once I finish off bruno sbc

Hogey007 wrote: »
    93 rated Rooney sbc is up, requires an 84, and 84 and 86 team.

Available for 20 days so should get it done once I finish off bruno sbc

So doing that Rooney card, looks fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

I'll do it also shame it's with darby though

Mr Moon wrote: »

It really does, and very fairly priced IMO, also the 20 days is extremely helpful, I’ll get it done, would been a struggle if it was 6 or 7 days.

Well that was a successful TOTY. :rolleyes:

Realistically I didn't expect TOTY Ronaldo but for the amount of packs I opened I had expected something. EA's pack odd manipulation is beyond insane and with only garbage pack lottery SBCs to feed your fodder into they just have you wasting your time crafting packs to end up with a load of rubbish. It's not even the pack weight for the TOTY players is the reduced pack weight for all decent fodder, the sheer volume of low ranked cards that I packed is like nothing I have ever seen. Always just below the threshold of being useful with the occasional 83+.

I had saved a bunch of packs then opened Hundreds of PL League, PL Upgrade and Gold Upgrade packs and got nothing.

The highlights read something like:
    • 90+ Players = 1 (Oblak)
    • 88+ Players = 5 (4 GK + Koulibaly)

Fed the little bit of decent fodder that I packed into 2 Base/Mid Icon SBC and got:
    • Mid Van Der Sar
    • Mid Suker

(For anyone keeping track that is 3 out of 4 ICON SBC resulting in United players for a Liverpool fan + 1 worthless player) Seriously thinking about changing my favourite team to United or Everton in FIFA at this point as its clear EA factors this into pack weighting for each individual FUT player.

With an hour left to go, I gave a few more things a try in the vain hope that I might grab something decent before it ends:
    • 83+ Def/Mid/Att Packs = 6 x 83 Players
    • Atletico Madrid League SBC = Prime Gold Players Pack (Highest player rated 79)

Luckily I had the common sense to sell my team prior to the event and managed to flip some Headliner Ben Yedders for a tidy profit. I then had the restraint to watch the market and picked up a new team including TOTY players when they were near their lowest. Instead of doing more pack lottery. But honestly I could have just skipped the entire event and I'd have been much better off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Future stars this Friday too... my club can’t handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Boulders8 wrote: »
    On the loading screen isn’t there an empty slot - I think for objectives which could be filled tonight?

Also when searching for a player in your club I see you can set the filter to New Level in the rarity bit - could this be the promo to replace Future Stars or is this card already in the game and I just missed it??? Lol

Think the new level is just special cards that ps5 players got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Future stars this Friday too... my club can’t handle it.

Ahhh FFS.
    I've a pain in my hoop with all these cards.

I assume we can expect Carnibol (or whatever it is) after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sold van Dijk once I saw Future Stars is coming up, need that Ansu Fati

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

RedRochey wrote: »
    Think the new level is just special cards that ps5 players got

Ah ok, not that it matters too much as I wouldn’t have stood a chance of getting them anyway with my pack luck. Went on a last minute pack opening spree in the vain hope of packing a TOTY but nothing but utter dross - no walk outs and highest rated cards were 83’s

You would have thought the odd 84 would have popped out which would have helped with the Rooney SBC but oh no... thanks EA

That card is nuts (its the most OP card I have ever seen.) 99 Composure, 91 Aggression, great heading/shooting, incredible passing and dribbling with decent defending stats. You can literally put him anywhere in a team, there won't be a team without him in a weeks time.

He's 380k and has 300 more in game stats then icons at 10 times the price, its mental, just because the derby link isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That Rooney card is unreal. I've no idea how I'm going to link him though, he's going into my team as soon as I can afford him. 20 days for him and 26 for Prime Keane. I'm definitely taking untradeable Div Rivals rewards this week to try get some fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

v3ttel wrote: »
    That Rooney card is unreal. I've no idea how I'm going to link him though, he's going into my team as soon as I can afford him. 20 days for him and 26 for Prime Keane. I'm definitely taking untradeable Div Rivals rewards this week to try get some fodder.

Rooney at ST, one of the Beckham cards at RM/RW, Sterling or an Icon LW/LM and Grealish TOTY honourable mention at CAM would give full Chemistry? Or just surround him with icons

I’ll just convert Rooney to cm and get the link to sol Campbell, I’ll also have keane as a soft link to him.

I’ll def be getting Rooney, even if I have to sacrifice my grealish and Suarez I will (but I’d prefer to keep Suarez)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Looks like the Summer Heat SBC guy is back from the wilderness based on that Rooney card and requirements!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sold van Dijk once I saw Future Stars is coming up, need that Ansu Fati

Think he gets one? He had one last year iirc. I’d love an upgrade on my POTM card though.

Have to do Rooney but no clue how to fit him in, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’ll just convert Rooney to cm and get the link to sol Campbell, I’ll also have keane as a soft link to him.

I’ll def be getting Rooney, even if I have to sacrifice my grealish and Suarez I will (but I’d prefer to keep Suarez)

My thinking too... gonna play him as my attacking CM. His stats are good enough for that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Sold base Makelele to get mid Beckham in for the strong Rooney link. Will get Rooney done in the next few days. So many players I dislike IRL in my team. Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo. Ugh! Rooney will go in as a CM.

Reckon mid-Beckham's price may creep up as more people look for Rooney links in the next few days.

Can’t wait to play a game with this team!!!
    Changes to 532 in game. Looking at base Rio for weekend league.
    98-C3851-E-F005-43-AD-86-ED-8-C9238-C03686.jpg

I've rinsed my club of all gold common cards and crafted 35 two player upgrade packs, any dupes will go into another upgrade, at the end of that I have the premier league ultimate pack to open just before 6pm... (fingers crossed):pac::pac::pac:

Best I got in the upgrade packs was Ter Stegen and Muller in the one pack. Also got Carvahal and Koke.

Ultimate pack gave me a duplicate Pogba (went straight into the Rooney SBC), 85 Leno and a couple of 83s and 84s.

Can’t wait to play a game with this team!!!
    Changes to 532 in game. Looking at base Rio for weekend league.
    98-C3851-E-F005-43-AD-86-ED-8-C9238-C03686.jpg

Last nights experiment didn't go well, played 8 games lost 7 drew 1 and got relegated to Div 3. 1 goal and 1 assist in those games from Rooney. I went back to my main team and lost 3 more before I won a game so I'm putting it down to the see-saw runs I seem to have. I'll play more today and feel unbeatable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think he gets one? He had one last year iirc. I’d love an upgrade on my POTM card though.

He didn't have one last year, he wasn't even added to the game until after FS from what I remember, he had a late TOTS Moments and RTTF card or something though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I notice Beckham’s price has leapt on Xbox after Rooney. Jumped from just under a million, up to 1.7m and dropped back a bit now till 1.3m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Am I better off using icon swaps for base icon or getting the 83 x25 pack to use for sbc.

Use a prem team and unless I get Campbell or ferdinand no one would likely make my team

• Advertisement

stuchyg wrote: »
    Am I better off using icon swaps for base icon or getting the 83 x25 pack to use for sbc.

Use a prem team and unless I get Campbell or ferdinand no one would likely make my team

I would've taken the 83+ x25 and opened during TOTY promo.

Depending on what the Future Stars team looks like on Friday I'd wait until then to make a decision.

Advertisement