Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Baby puskas is brilliant the only thing to be mindful of is his weak foot but it still feels strong. Id go for his 89 because of extra stamina and strength. I play with a hunter card and its 98 pace 97 shooting.

They’re pretty much the same exact for one thing,
    The mid has +10 higher reactions.
    Both cards are incredible to use.
    I used a lot of left footed players last year so I immediately gelled with Puskas and I can’t drop him,
    I’ve never had a striker as good as him in 12 years of FUT and I’m including R94 , tots Ben Yedder/Mbappe/Neymar from last year.
    The only striker I know would be more lethal than him would be Eusebio as he has the 5* wf.

I use the Hunter on the baby and I’m testing the engine chem on the mid.
    The weekend he got that incredible return was on a Hunter chem but I reckon since the patch engine will be better.

Yep. Engine chem in a 352 is incredible on his mid.
    I had been playing 4231 with Puskas as the lone ST then I’d still use the Hunter for the extra pace.
    But two man ST, engine all the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

v3ttel wrote: »
    Why invest in SIF Bamford out of interest?

Wondering that myself, I would be tempted to invest in Soucek!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

Is the game different the last two days or just me? Seems harder to keep the ball or something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

v3ttel wrote: »
    Why invest in SIF Bamford out of interest?
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    Wondering that myself, I would be tempted to invest in Soucek!

Frustratingly, his price has jumped since my comment. Earlier, he was at 20k, which usually means in the morning, he'd be down under 15k. Closer to 11k, the better, cause it's risk free.

He's English, Premier League (both of which make him easy to link) and a striker. 4 face stats above 80. 82 rated means he can slot into a lot of SBCs too (he'll pop up loads on SBC solutions as a result). Pretty much makes him the perfect player for my trading "technique". Ticks a load of boxes.

If he drops back to 20k, I'll grab about 20, and start listing him up at 30k. If he drops back to 15, I'll list him at 22.

Soucekis a bit too expensive for my tastes, trading wise. I don't like buying 1 86 player for the price of three or 4 82-84 rated players.

If Andre Silva drops a bit more, I'll grab a few too (84 rated, portugese, so great for SBC fodder).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played a match there, 88ovr, 6 icons, Rooney, Felix, Oblak, and Flashback Ronny, full of the tricks, smashed him 6-1 with my 85ovr team, and he quit, i like those matches

Grealish not as good as expected, seemed to disappear, although did score a cracker of a free kick, but i brought base Promis on, linked up with Klaiber, Gini and Nando, turned the game for me

Edit: He had Rooney as a CDM, he looked clunky, didnt look that pacey, he tried a few long shots with him, didnt threaten the goal, and Gini kept pushing him off the ball rather easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Really hope they drop those future stars upgrade players like last year... even better if they do one for someone like a flashback Zlatan or similar. Easily my favourite content that came out last year.

G2 Rewards

81 Giakoumakis
    78 Kuchta
    78 Abergel
    78 Rafa Mir

82 Debuchy
    84 Wilson
    82 Bamford
    81 Pereyra

Cancelo and Wilson in red picks.
    Was hoping for Cancelo as he can replace Semedo.
    A few high picks in rivals Neuer, Alderschein and Thiago etc.

Wilson and Silva for me. Wasn't a great week so wasn't expecting much there anyway.

WL Rewards: Robertson only thing of note, so handy 40k

Rivals: 4 jumbo rare packs, 2 rare mega packs and 2 prime mixed players, and other than 83 Vela and 83 Oscar, I didn't get a single other card over 81, lol. The rival rewards are dirt in terms of pack weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wilson and Silva for me. Wasn't a great week so wasn't expecting much there anyway.

WL Rewards: Robertson only thing of note, so handy 40k

Rivals: 4 jumbo rare packs, 2 rare mega packs and 2 prime mixed players, and other than 83 Vela and 83 Oscar, I didn't get a single other card over 81, lol. The rival rewards are dirt in terms of pack weight.

Glad i read this before getting my rewards im gonna take the coins instead of packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gold 1 picks I got Soucek and Chiellni from gold picks then packed Mane, Ter Stegen, Szczesny and a few 84s out of the jumbo rare players packs.

Definitely end up with much better tradables from gold 1 than gold 2 packs

Was going to try running 5-3-2 even without watching the Nealsguide stuff anyway, but having done so now, I'm really eager to give it a whirl. Brought in Mid-Puskas (that +10 reaction is a little more important to try than +1 strength to me, and I had the coins). So I'm lining up like this....

wwO48XQ.png

I've got about 450k left over, so I'm tempted to grab Mid Koeman to replace Gomez (who I've never used and is there more for chem purposes) and then use Klaiber instead of Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I cant praise Klaiber highly enough, honestly i cant find a fault with him, top defensive attributes, 99 stamina means he never stops, 99 acc 97 speed with hunter chem, rarely beaten for pace, although it does happen, (but im putting that down to just some EA in game stupid stuff), cos it shouldnt happen, he is just a quality player if your'e looking for an attacking yet solidly defensive RB/RWB

I would pick him ahead of Bellerin for sure, Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

88 Martinez
    84 Wilson

Can't really complain with those red picks. Anyone tried Martinez this year?

Need to see if he is worth starting or use from the bench. This kind of complicates things as now I have so many similar untradable players that I can use from the bench. Not sure I should do the Rooney SBC now.

This means I have POTM Felix, POTM Son, TIF Martinez, SIF Vardy, Flashback Robben all as untradeable options from the bench. So probably better saving the coins on Rooney.

Parawind wrote: »
    88 Martinez
    84 Wilson

Can't really complain with those red picks. Anyone tried Martinez this year?

Need to see if he is worth starting or use from the bench. This kind of complicates things as now I have so many similar untradable players that I can use from the bench. Not sure I should do the Rooney SBC now.

This means I have POTM Felix, POTM Son, TIF Martinez, SIF Vardy, Flashback Robben all as untradeable options from the bench. So probably better saving the coins on Rooney.

I had his 87 card and as a sub he was superb. Far better than previous years I found.

I cant praise Klaiber highly enough, honestly i cant find a fault with him, top defensive attributes, 99 stamina means he never stops, 99 acc 97 speed with hunter chem, rarely beaten for pace, although it does happen, (but im putting that down to just some EA in game stupid stuff), cos it shouldnt happen, he is just a quality player if your'e looking for an attacking yet solidly defensive RB/RWB

I would pick him ahead of Bellerin for sure, Lord TSC

Yeah, I do love him. Went ahead and grabbed Koeman to get Klaiber in place at 10 chem.

Puskas with a debut hatrick :D hit the post three times too. Based on one game, his runs are incredible. Popped up everywhere.

Following up last night, managed to snag 30 Bamford for under 13k. Already sold 2 at 19k as well. Gotta be careful of the fact his IF and SIF both lack dynamic pictures tho. Therell be people getting the IF by mistake through carelessness...

I've been struggling to get wins since the update. My 532 has just isn't as solid as it was and I can't seem to get Rooney to do anything. Hoping it will click at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Yeah, I do love him. Went ahead and grabbed Koeman to get Klaiber in place at 10 chem.

I have Koeman next to Klaiber with Gravenberch and Van Bergen holding down the right side and it’s still doing the business.

Koeman is worth it for his free kicks alone. Really hoping that Gravenberch gets a Future Stars card - his Foundations card is great so a souped up version would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Red Salah in my picks. Sleep well headliner Mahrez. Also, opened the rare gold pack and got in form Martinez. Y u being nice to me EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Created my squad to do the Grealish objectives - accidentally queued into D2 rivals... there goes 30 of my sweet rival ranking points :pac:

• Advertisement

Puskas with a debut hatrick :D hit the post three times too. Based on one game, his runs are incredible. Popped up everywhere.

And therein lies the problem now.
    You can never go back to a lower rated striker.
    Even Mbappe doesn’t hold a candle to Puskas finishing wise with his 97 composure.
    I’ve tried and always end up going back.
    Realistically the only striker I could replace and afford with him would be mid Eusebio.
    Even with unlimited coins only Eusebio could replace him.
    You can drop him, but you start noticing all those shots your striker takes and misses and you think”Puskas wouldn’t have missed those ffs” and you end up buying him back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is koeman available as a manager, cant see him on the transfer search.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

Cyrus wrote: »
    is koeman available as a manager, cant see him on the transfer search.

I think dutch managers in general are hard to get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »
    Sold base Makelele to get mid Beckham in for the strong Rooney link. Will get Rooney done in the next few days. So many players I dislike IRL in my team. Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo. Ugh! Rooney will go in as a CM.

Reckon mid-Beckham's price may creep up as more people look for Rooney links in the next few days.

Beckham really wasn't a good fit. Took 100k profit on him just now. Not sure I'll do Rooney now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I have 500k spare. Any improvements?

https://www.futbin.com/21/squad/5874345

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

rooney for rashford

seamie78 wrote: »
    rooney for rashford

I honestly wouldn't from what I've seen of him. Very easy to defend against with top tier CBs. Rashford on the other hand..slippery little ****er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    And therein lies the problem now.
    You can never go back to a lower rated striker.
    Even Mbappe doesn’t hold a candle to Puskas finishing wise with his 97 composure.
    I’ve tried and always end up going back.
    Realistically the only striker I could replace and afford with him would be mid Eusebio.
    Even with unlimited coins only Eusebio could replace him.
    You can drop him, but you start noticing all those shots your striker takes and misses and you think”Puskas wouldn’t have missed those ffs” and you end up buying him back :)

Thats the good thing about mine is i cant sell him hahaha he has to be my attacker. But simialr to you ive played him on the wing thinking mbappe would be better but he always ends back up front. Over 700 games for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Went through Ligue 1 x 2, Bundesliga and Serie A SBC's, as well as everything PL except for West Brom.

Best pulls from about 80 packs were:

Alisson
    TOTW Pope
    Handanovic

Literally not one other noteworthy pull. :pac:

And to make it even worse 99% of the packs are untradable! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats the good thing about mine is i cant sell him hahaha he has to be my attacker. But simialr to you ive played him on the wing thinking mbappe would be better but he always ends back up front. Over 700 games for me now.

I was praying to get him in my base icons.. You were some lucky sod to get him :)
    Hell even that 1 of 3 pick where the guy had a choice between Puskas and Cruyff I would have picked Puskas over him just simply to lock the guy down. He's a end game striker.

Advertisement