Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So decided to do that Rooney SBC rather than buying Ronaldo or Mbappe. Only cost me about 40k of coins and made use of the quick restore for sold players. Will see how he gets on and worst case scenario he's great high rated fodder for a future SBC.

Can get him into a team with everybody on full chemistry except for Rooney on 7. Or with everyone on 10 chem and PotM2 Bruno on 7. Will try out both over time and see which one makes a bigger difference, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

stuchyg wrote: »
    Am I better off using icon swaps for base icon or getting the 83 x25 pack to use for sbc.

Use a prem team and unless I get Campbell or ferdinand no one would likely make my team

I assume you only have enough tokens for the 83x25 or base icon? If you have or can get to 13 then highly recommend taking Koeman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I assume you only have enough tokens for the 83x25 or base icon? If you have or can get to 13 then highly recommend taking Koeman

Can't get to 13 no, that will be as many as I have. Il wait until future stars and hope that saka gets one for my arsenal XI

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads who have battle tested Flashback Ronaldo now, how are ye feeling?

I'm wondering if I'd be better off selling his base card, doing the flashback and investing the difference into someone else (like Rooney, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm wondering if I'd be better off selling his base card, doing the flashback and investing the difference into someone else (like Rooney, for example).

I've been using him at RAM in a 4-2-3-1. 10 games, 1 goal (can't see assists on the web app, but it's only one or two IIRC). There was one shot in particular I remember yesterday where he dragged it a ridiculous distance wide on his strong foot which felt weird.

He's been OK, but definitely not top level. I suppose he is always up against one of those juiced up special Davies cards, Roberto Carlos or Mendy so it's always a tough match up. The only wide players who have torn it up for me are Neymar & Flashback Robben who I've played at LM/LAM.

I see that he's now 345K which seems very expensive for what you are getting as a individual player. SBC fodder has gone up a lot, he was originally ~270K. He is definitely usable though.

Having said all that, as a United fan I don't think I could turn down the chance to have Flashback Ronaldo, End of an era Rooney and still have nearly 300K to spend elsewhere from the 92 CR7 sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm mad to get Roony but the reality is he;'s not going to fit into my team or even get in it without drastically changing it.
    Sorry now I went for FB Ronaldo as well...he's just a bench player for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Get him, you won't regret it. He's not on the level as his gold card, but he destroys me when I play against him and he's doing very well for me up top!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks im wondering about changing firminho up front, have him with the 91 suarez card but im lacking killer pace up front.

My RM will need to change too, atm i have Bobby and Lucas Moura,

options are (needs to be EPL)

1) Stay as is
    2) Auba with Pepe or Willian
    3) Aguero with Mahrez
    4) Werner with someone, not sure who yet

any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Any advice on how to get the West Brom SBC done?

Money is not an issue but I can't seem to snipe any of the needed silvers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

BrentMused wrote: »

I had a similar problem with one of the position cards recently. I ended up getting one quite late one night, when there was obviously a few less snipers. But its just luck other then that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks im wondering about changing firminho up front, have him with the 91 suarez card but im lacking killer pace up front.

My RM will need to change too, atm i have Bobby and Lucas Moura,

options are (needs to be EPL)

1) Stay as is
    2) Auba with Pepe or Willian
    3) Aguero with Mahrez
    4) Werner with someone, not sure who yet

any advice?

RM is still a problem area in game, I always found lucas to be really good to use. Auba will work when people play a higher line but most people play low depth now so you won't get the best out of him. I'd say you definitely need more pace up front but someone who is quick to turn and dribble in the box too.

I'd say Rashford is a good choice. Martial is also pretty effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Pepe team of the tourney is a good card to use, great dribbler

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Parawind wrote: »
    RM is still a problem area in game, I always found lucas to be really good to use. Auba will work when people play a higher line but most people play low depth now so you won't get the best out of him. I'd say you definitely need more pace up front but someone who is quick to turn and dribble in the box too.

I'd say Rashford is a good choice. Martial is also pretty effective.

flipped it a little

sold fabinho to get pogba, bought martial and i can still have moura on the right :D

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm mad to get Roony but the reality is he;'s not going to fit into my team or even get in it without drastically changing it.
    Sorry now I went for FB Ronaldo as well...he's just a bench player for me.

If he wasn't Rooney, I think I'd be skipping him because of how akward he is to chem in.

I have Ronaldo and Felix up today, and Bruno in behind. I don't know who I drop there.

Could try a 4-2-2-2 but not sure how that works either.

I'm wondering if instead of trying to shoehorn in Rooney, should I instead sell Ronaldo, and put 3m into a proper elite level striker. Try and stretch for an Eusebio, for example, and not have to fear mass juggling everyone else around....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

BrentMused wrote: »

West brom signed maitland niles and some other gold cdm on Monday.

If you’re not in a mad rush to do it I’d just wait for ea to update their cards to west brom cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0203/1194820-ian-wright/

"O'Brien sent a string of 20 private messages to Mr Wright on the Instagram social media platform after he lost a FIFA tournament on Playstation, in which he was playing against a friend.

Sergeant Eoin Donovan, who investigated the case, previously told the court that O'Brien had selected Mr Wright as one of his players on the virtual FIFA game, and he was angry after Mr Wright's FIFA representation in the game had not performed as well as he had hoped."

This kid obviously done a Base icon pack and got Ian Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0203/1194820-ian-wright/

"O'Brien sent a string of 20 private messages to Mr Wright on the Instagram social media platform after he lost a FIFA tournament on Playstation, in which he was playing against a friend.

Sergeant Eoin Donovan, who investigated the case, previously told the court that O'Brien had selected Mr Wright as one of his players on the virtual FIFA game, and he was angry after Mr Wright's FIFA representation in the game had not performed as well as he had hoped."

This kid obviously done a Base icon pack and got Ian Wright.

He was using Wrighty in a FIFA tournament and obviously wrighty wasn’t doing the business up front so he sent the real Ian Wright about 20 messages on Instagram giving him abuse.

GavK wrote: »
    He was using Wrighty in a FIFA tournament and obviously wrighty wasn’t doing the business up front so he sent the real Ian Wright about 20 messages on Instagram giving him abuse.

****er should be banned from Fifa for ever but that’s not a punishment:
    He should be made play it with Wright as a permanent figure in his squad for ever :)

Since I got Campbell I said I’d play 532 and it’s brilliant fun.
    Apparently it’s one the meta formations now and I’m hammering teams with Acuna at LWB.
    Plus since wingers were a problem for me 532 sorts that out.
    I’m using Nealguides tactics for it and it just kills your opponents on the wings.
    I’ve won 6 in row using it on rivals div4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »
    ****er should be named from Fifa for ever but that’s not a punishment:
    He should be made play it with Wright as a permanent figure in his squad for ever :)

Or even better he has to play co-op with Wrighty who by his own admission likes a game but isn’t very good - can imagine the scenes when Wrighty messes it up and this kid loses his mums house he used as a bet collateral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lockdown 3.0 got the better of me and I downloaded FIFA yesterday. Haven't even read this thread since it started but played 19 and 20 a good bit. Any advice on any of the following would be sound to get me started. In division 6 for rivals and haven't bought anyone yet so just have a PL team for now with mainly players in the 70s and a few loans.

- Gameplay tips. Conceding a lot of goals so far, are the new off the ball runs overpowered?

- Any formations/tactics which seem the best to use? Just playing 4-3-3 at the moment.

- What league/players should I get in? Only have about 50k at the moment so will be a slow build but open to going with any league really. PL players seem expensive right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Lockdown 3.0 got the better of me and I downloaded FIFA yesterday. Haven't even read this thread since it started but played 19 and 20 a good bit. Any advice on any of the following would be sound to get me started. In division 6 for rivals and haven't bought anyone yet so just have a PL team for now with mainly players in the 70s and a few loans.

- Gameplay tips. Conceding a lot of goals so far, are the new off the ball runs overpowered?

- Any formations/tactics which seem the best to use? Just playing 4-3-3 at the moment.

- What league/players should I get in? Only have about 50k at the moment so will be a slow build but open to going with any league really. PL players seem expensive right now?

I'd go French / Ligue 1 to build a cheap competitive team. Something like this is less than 45k and is what I would go with. Loads of formations are viable. 4231, 442 even 352 and 532.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Going to buy Van Dijk and Frenkie De Jong to finish my dutch team tomorrow, really liked playing my team in the 5-3-2 last weekend despite the game decided when it worked or didnt at times, Klaiber and Sinkgraven were superb down the wings, so hopefully it still works well and the patch wont have messed it up

Did I see De Jong was favoured for this months POTM award?

Did I see De Jong was favoured for this months POTM award?

Yep. Fingers crossed as he will spot right into my team then.

Blazer, you like Puskas, right? I know Jayo packed him early too?

I reckon I'm going to sell Ronaldo and try a new Icon for the weekend, mainly just to shake things up a bit. I'd technically have about 2.5m (I'd have more but I'm investing heavily in that IF Bamford tomorrow morning...).

Mid Puskas is 2m. I'm looking for a strike partner for Felix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I reckon I'm going to sell Ronaldo and try a new Icon for the weekend, mainly just to shake things up a bit. I'd technically have about 2.5m (I'd have more but I'm investing heavily in that IF Bamford tomorrow morning...).

Baby puskas is brilliant the only thing to be mindful of is his weak foot but it still feels strong. Id go for his 89 because of extra stamina and strength. I play with a hunter card and its 98 pace 97 shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I've Mendy and the objective bellerin as wingbacks ATM , are they as good as there is ? Without spending huge money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

I find taverner better than bellarin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Why invest in SIF Bamford out of interest?

Advertisement