Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is anyone else majorly struggling since the new patch?

Most of my games end up with 65% possession for me, but 4 shots for the opponent, 4 on target, 4 goals. And I lose 1-4 or something similar. The CDMs/CMs never seem to track back unless the opponent slows down his attacks a lot. I literally watched my CDMs with high attacking work rates just stand while 4 attackers were running at my four defenders. There is so much space to counter attack, it's impossible to close down the options, so when we do have a reasonable attack (which is inevitable due to so much space), they score.

It's like I'm majorly penalised for not being super defensive. I've gone from one game from D1, not barely being able to win any game, even in friendlies. (Never used stepovers)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The patch to fix penalties has actually made it worse, pens are been given for minimal contact

4 wins left for Sinkgraven, but jeez, im meeting a lot of 8-1-1 formation today, very easy to beat them though as im going full on press and winning the ball in their half, they cant get out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is anyone else majorly struggling since the new patch?

Most of my games end up with 65% possession for me, but 4 shots for the opponent, 4 on target, 4 goals. And I lose 1-4 or something similar. The CDMs/CMs never seem to track back unless the opponent slows down his attacks a lot. I literally watched my CDMs with high attacking work rates just stand while 4 attackers were running at my four defenders. There is so much space to counter attack, it's impossible to close down the options, so when we do have a reasonable attack (which is inevitable due to so much space), they score.

It's like I'm majorly penalised for not being super defensive. I've gone from one game from D1, not barely being able to win any game, even in friendlies. (Never used stepovers)

I found my CDM (with Medium Def and High Att workrates) wasn't naturally tracking back as much last weekend but I was putting that down to the unresponsive gameplay that I was experiencing. I didn't see the same problem with my High/High CDM, even with both set to stay back while attacking.

After trying out that combination in midfield for several weeks, I just find that no matter how good that player is with M/H, it leaves you too open to the counter attack. Basically they are always a little too advanced and out of position. Going to go with H/H x2 or 1 with H/M in future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »

Anyone else kind of convinced at this point that they have intentionally designed the game to be attacking at the start of FIFA 21 and then gradually patch nerfed all of the overpowered attacking to ensure that people have a need to continue to pick up the improved attackers & upgraded players that they release.

It was great at the start as it felt like there was just as much a risk defending deep as there was playing with a higher line. But now every advantage is being given to help people sit deep and just crowd you out. I always try to play on the front foot but right now the only thing that I am afraid of defensively is getting caught with a through ball, so EA are telling me to sit deep or you are playing high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

seamie78 wrote: »
    for around that price you can get headliner zaha, I find him unreal also he is the type of player who gets into totw so card should improve

Is 3 star weekfoot a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

The patch to fix penalties has actually made it worse, pens are been given for minimal contact

And they are giving reds for denying a goalscoring opportunity but it should be yellow if you give away a Pen. Wasn't happening at the start of the game

Parawind wrote: »
    GK you will never notice the difference. Gomez is quicker then Van Dijk but Van Dijk is way better in the air. The problem is if you are used to Gomez speed and don't play low depth Van Dijk will get caught for pace sometimes. Kante would be a great improvement in the midfield.

I'd say maybe get IF or SIF Ben Yedder as striker, you could afford both him and Kante and you would just need another French link. Alternatively if you are looking at Del Piero you could save for Mbappe would be similarly priced.

PS: If you do decide to pick up Kante wait until Friday night when everyone is opening packs, his price should drop a bit lower.

Cheers, Gomez stays for a while anyway, thanks

Just looking Dumfries TOTW and Rulebreaker cards, he gets upgraded in his attributes as a rulebreaker except he loses 10 points in strength but gains 11 in dribble, that doesnt make sense to me, strength more important surely..

Might take his TOTW instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

So as predicted, after missing out on TOTY, Neymar gets TOTW - on the market (PS4) for around a paltry 3.9-5m coins -

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just looking Dumfries TOTW and Rulebreaker cards, he gets upgraded in his attributes as a rulebreaker except he loses 10 points in strength but gains 11 in dribble, that doesnt make sense to me, strength more important surely..

Might take his TOTW instead

That was the whole point in rulebreakers :D cards that went against what they’re usually known for eg Harry Kane with pace, Pogba with defending, Mertens with more shooting.

That was the whole point in rulebreakers :D cards that went against what they’re usually known for eg Harry Kane with pace, Pogba with defending, Mertens with more shooting.

Aye i see that now, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Anyone having issues getting into UT?
    I can't even get past the loading screen "... error connecting to ultimate team..."
    Been having the same problem for weeks now, could it be an issue with the console?
    No connection issues with any other devices, and the web app works fine on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Do ye think there'll be a big SBC this Friday once all the cards are in packs? Probably not a guaranteed TOY but maybe an 88+ pack?

Sometimes you get really lucky and things somehow fall into place...

So I decided to sell Mid Gullit for a small profit this afternoon, so that I could be coin liquid for TOTY. After playing a few hundred games with him, I realised that while I liked him he didn't really suit my team playing as a CDM and that I would be better off putting those coin into other players.

I already had about 1.2M in coins even before this that I have been building for my TOTY VVD to upgrade Gomez. Since I decided to wait and watch what happens to the price when all the players are in packs, I decided I would see if I could turn a quick profit with the headliner upgrades coming.

Just before the upgrade this evening I picked up HL Ben Yedder for 1.2M while everyone was distracted with TOTW. Post upgrade I go take a look on Futbin and I notice his price has dropped, so i go to look in game thinking I am going to take a big hit to my coins when I realise....

EA didn't adjust the search filter for the upgraded "streak" headliner cards. (So you can't see any listed unless you search for special cards (a filter 90% of players don't use) or you already have the card and search via "Compare Price". Cue people panic listing HL Ben Yedder. So decided to roll the dice and went all in on another 4 HL Ben Yedder for 1M each.

It's a risk I realise but the potential upside on this card could be huge. With WL rewards tomorrow and people building their Weekend League teams, if EA fix the filter I could potentially turn a cool 500k-1M profit depending on how much the card recovers.

Got that Suarez card, plays well ,have a purely premier League team, hard get him in without changing it all

Got that Suarez card, plays well ,have a purely premier League team, hard get him in without changing it all

Use as a Supersub until EA finally decided to release Cavani :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is the other la liga cf worth grinding the la liga objectives for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Cyrus wrote: »
    Is the other la liga cf worth grinding the la liga objectives for ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

after opening my wl player pick it was just regular gold cards not red ones anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

WL player picks are broken. It’s normal cards so get them opened quickly as we’ll have to get them again.

on the plus side packed toty neur untradable

I taught i could but i cant, i have the 5 dutch players from obj's who are just to good, and some others to, i run a 4-3-3 bundesliga dutch team with Torres up front so i use suarez on 4 chem as a sub when Torres runs out of steam

Team now is Donnaruma, Klaiber (Dumfries), De Ligt, Klaiber, (De Vrij or Ake), Sinkgraven, Wijnaldum, Malen, Reus, (Haaland), Van Bergen, Torres, Sane

Very attacking but its working so far.......since yesterday lol

Edit Handanovic now my keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

seamie78 wrote: »
    on the plus side packed toty neur untradable

Nice one - is that the first TOTY pull in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided to open my packs rather than waiting for full Toty :)

The walkout was the left back for Christ’s sake :)

4-A24-F845-CB39-4845-8-E29-A718390-F6-C7-F.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    WL player picks are broken. It’s normal cards so get them opened quickly as we’ll have to get them again.

Was just coming onto post same, get them opened quick, I got this from my second pick

Edit: the irony is, this mess up is actually the best “red pick” I’ve gotten outside of Tots in the last 3 years :D

1-AE39216-251-D-4-D70-89-CF-FC455-EB89-A72.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭nerd69

How long do you think it will take them to rectify the red picks issue? I'm looking forward to the if neymar im definitely getting

cant believe they still havnt fixed that with the lib/sud cards, still don't even know what the point of them is

• Advertisement

Send Virgil my way, i got 28k in coins, you'll hardly need him ;)

Advertisement