Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Still holding a small bit of hope for a Rooney sbc, they’ll probably do 1 more big player at least on Friday

Ps. This site is gone a pain, I’ve to wait for 4 posts to be added on a new page before it lets me view them, it used to be 1 which was annoying enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone used TOTY Neuer yet?

At just under 800k and what should be the best keeper in the game, he looks a good way to get Boateng on full chemistry for anyone needing to go down that road.

Although the argument of whether there is much difference between any of the elite keepers comes into play too, especially for that amount of coins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

BrentMused wrote: »
    Anyone used TOTY Neuer yet?

At just under 800k and what should be the best keeper in the game, he looks a good way to get Boateng on full chemistry for anyone needing to go down that road.

Although the argument of whether there is much difference between any of the elite keepers comes into play too, especially for that amount of coins!

I’m loathed to spend 8k on a player never mind 800k :)

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’m loathed to spend 8k on a player never mind 800k :)

And when it comes to keepers, you're probably spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was tempted to get Ramos but then I saw a Nealsguides video and he was saying get Alberto's RB icon card and play him at CB. He's one of the best defenders in the game for around 500-600k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thought Suarez was just gonna be fodder but he's so good, had to switch up the team to get himself and Dybala in:

Screenshot_20210127-033343.jpg?width=694&height=937

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What are people thinking with the upgrade packs?

I know La Liga has less options, and getting either Messi or Ramos would be rough, but I'm still tempted to go that path since they'd fit into my team easier than any of the other leagues....

I'm just gonna split between Bundes and Prem Think Bundes has the highest chance of packing one (especially Neuer) but there's very little fodder to pack if you don't get a TOTY, the league only has like 8 85+ cards with the highest rated being 87 Sancho, whereas Prem has over 30 85+ cards including a bunch of 88-90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey lads, Im doing the Sinkgraven objective and meeting La Liga teams for Guedes, i taught Bundesliga played Bundesliga, no?

Building a dutch la liga team just for Suarez and Torres, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Hey lads, Im doing the Sinkgraven objective and meeting La Liga teams for Guedes, i taught Bundesliga played Bundesliga, no?

Building a dutch la liga team just for Suarez and Torres, ha
    Nope, managerial masterpiece doesn't discriminate on what team you run - you could meet Eredivisie, MLS or Championship teams either but they're rare enough these days.

Nope, managerial masterpiece doesn't discriminate on what team you run - you could meet Eredivisie, MLS or Championship teams either but they're rare enough these days.

I’m trying to finish the Guedes objective - need a couple of wins and a outside of the box goal and I’m running into a lot of Eredivisie teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,811 ✭✭✭nerd69

Blazer wrote: »
    I was tempted to get Ramos but then I saw a Nealsguides video and he was saying get Alberto's RB icon card and play him at CB. He's one of the best defenders in the game for around 500-600k.

Iv been tempted by this a few times but I have an awful feeling rbs and lbs get into wierd positions at cb.

nerd69 wrote: »
    Iv been tempted by this a few times but I have an awful feeling rbs and lbs get into wierd positions at cb.

I taught the same until i put Klaiber at CB and he is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Same. Put him there for Suarez objectives, so so good. Has me half tempted to do the same in my main squad now.

Got my FGS Player Token last night from the weekend Twitch stream so hopefully everyone else eligible will have got it as well or due to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have around 540k coins ATM, would I be better upgrading pope and Gomez and wijnaldum to Allison ,Van djik and kante, or continue saving for a top class forward, currently have Werner ? Would del piero be the pick around that price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

for around that price you can get headliner zaha, I find him unreal also he is the type of player who gets into totw so card should improve

And do ye start then at rb and switch or run them at 7 chem?

Has anyone tried any of the top Icon GK's, e.g. the likes of Cech, VDS, Yashin, Schmeichel.

I'm happy with my team but would like to use my coins to get an Icon GK, mainly just for enjoyment.

Or should I just go for TOTY Neuer for the perfect link to Moments Boateng?

Think I’m going to try Klaiber at CB too now - got to try something to arrest my horrific defending. I can then send Koeman into midfield in place of Gravenberch and bring on Bellerin/Atal/Mukiele at RB

And do ye start then at rb and switch or run them at 7 chem?

To be honest, i have used him with 10, 7 and 4 chem and it doesnt seem to matter, his speed and strength makes up for it, obviously better with 10 but the difference is not that noticible, so i leave him at CB

Im gonna pair him with De ligt with rulebreaker Dumfries at RB and Sinkgraven at LB when i get him, and see how that goes

• Advertisement

Think I may go with a back 4 of zanetti, boating, carlos alberto, headliners taverner so I'd be very happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

To be honest, i have used him with 10, 7 and 4 chem and it doesnt seem to matter, his speed and strength makes up for it, obviously better with 10 but the difference is not that noticible, so i leave him at CB

Im gonna pair him with De ligt with rulebreaker Dumfries at RB and Sinkgraven at LB when i get him, and see how that goes

I'm playing him on 5 chem and he's probably the best CB I've used.

I can see a lot of people seem to be waiting for Friday to open packs. Is there a reason for this? I thought everyone was in packs by now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I can see a lot of people seem to be waiting for Friday to open packs. Is there a reason for this? I thought everyone was in packs by now

Only toty defenders in packs now. Full team Friday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only defenders currently. All will be in from Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Have around 540k coins ATM, would I be better upgrading pope and Gomez and wijnaldum to Allison ,Van djik and kante, or continue saving for a top class forward, currently have Werner ? Would del piero be the pick around that price range?

GK you will never notice the difference. Gomez is quicker then Van Dijk but Van Dijk is way better in the air. The problem is if you are used to Gomez speed and don't play low depth Van Dijk will get caught for pace sometimes. Kante would be a great improvement in the midfield.

I'd say maybe get IF or SIF Ben Yedder as striker, you could afford both him and Kante and you would just need another French link. Alternatively if you are looking at Del Piero you could save for Mbappe would be similarly priced.

PS: If you do decide to pick up Kante wait until Friday night when everyone is opening packs, his price should drop a bit lower.

The 12th man, most likely to be Messi will be released in packs and all the TOTY players will be in packs then. Right now its only Defenders until Friday, the Forwards and Midfielders are removed from packs until Friday.

Full XI will be in packs Thursday, not Friday, 12th man added Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Neymar will get a TOTW now to make it even harder to pack any of the best players now with all the packs people have been saving for the full TOTY release.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Neymar will get a TOTW now to make it even harder to pack any of the best players now with all the packs people have been saving for the full TOTY release.

not to worry..we'll all get him in our red picks tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Full XI will be in packs Thursday, not Friday, 12th man added Friday.

It's a bit of a crap way of doing it if you can open packs and never have all TOTY players (I mean, all 12) in packs at the same time.

Suppose not that it makes a difference anyway as the probabilities are so low.

Advertisement