Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was there myself on Sunday! 😁

That pub is a bit of a shithole..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah i doubt id bother going in if it wasnt for the show tbh

Id say the staff in there are sick of Lasso fans coming in asking questions

Some parts of the pub are digitalized for the series for some reason

Fuller seems to be the poser Wetherspoons, pubs managed by them all over the city

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There's not a thing football related about Ted Lasso that is accurate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The real Richmond FC is a rugby team of course, that part of London’s a stones throw from Twickenham (the next stop in fact). Brentford, Fulham and indeed Chelsea isn’t too far away in football terms. But yes Selhurst Park was used as the set for the fictional Richmond’s Nelson Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭larchielads

Hey lads was it all a dream like the wizard of Oz movie,the book apparently wasnt. The pin ball machine was a wizard of Oz pinball game. Ted's mother, Dotty,(Dorothy). Roy Kent is the tin man as he gets a heart as he starts to love Jamie, Colin is the Lion he finally becomes brave and comes out to everyone , can't figure out if Jamie is the scare crow or not 😁😁😁Ted's from Kansas after all and there's no place like home for Ted!!!!

Rupert's the wicked witch , dressed all in black for final episode and I reckon Rebecca was the wizard

Oh and I'm very stupid if I've just made the wizard of Oz connection now.......ooops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished up last night, completely over rated. It's ok and completely watchable but nothing brilliant. Had go back to finish it out as I had programme sitting in my watch history that are not completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,923 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ted Lasso adjacent... Hannah Waddingham (Rebecca) has a Christmas concert on Apple, with cameos from some Ted Lasso cast members.

Hannah belts out some Christmas standards, showcasing her background in stage musicals.

Perhaps one to watch with mulled wine and mince pies as Christmas draws near.

Oh, and the dress is so bright you gotta wear shades :)

https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/originals/hannah-waddingham-home-for-christmas/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I saw a clip of that. I thought it lined like there was a Ted Lasso Christmas special but a probably wrong. Otherwise I’m looking forward to watching that show

There is a lot of overlap and it could easily have been turned into an episode where they do a charity fundraiser.

But it is the actors putting on a show rather than the characters, with some nods to the Ted Lasso universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was a charity event recently - THUNDERGONG! - ran by Bill Lawrence which was felt like less of a cash-in than that Apple TV muck.

Few celebs at it including Hannah, Jason and Brendan Hunt (Beard).

It was a show hosted by Waddingham, nothing to do with Lasso outside she had cast mates involved. She also had West-end singers and the London gay men's chorus

There were callouts to some Game of Thrones actors and camera pans to Sex Education actors too.

Don't understand how it's a cash-in muck either

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Well I’m looking heard to it but will wait for a few days before Christmas to watch. I’ll tell you, it sure beats the Mariah Carey specials and the over-American OTT nonsense. She did a cracking job co-hosting the Eurovision back in May and she can sing so I think it should be a good one.

Golddn Globe nominations out today ... the series is up for Best TV Comedy.

Jason Sudeikis is up for best male lead in a comedy and Hannnah Waddingham for supporting role

Juno Temple was nominated - for her role in Fargo.

https://www.thejournal.ie/golden-globes-cillian-murphy-barry-keoghan-andrew-scott-6245797-Dec2023/

Advertisement