Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah I did think the Keeley thing was stupid alright, don't know where that came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

While I do admit I may have been more oblivious to Colin's sexual orientation revelation, I called Keeley-Jack being a thing once they met at the West Ham game - it's all terribly contrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,013 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think the comedy value of the show has dropped for sure in this series.

It should be the final series. Its run its course.

In a similar vein, as created by Bill Lawrence and Brett Goldstein, didn't think much of Shrinking at first but it's turned into a damn fine comedy as it went on.

Just if people are looking for something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Loved Shrinking - well worth a watch ... just a lovely show with some good lines. Harrison Ford is great in it !

Agree this season of ted lasso is lacking something ... Keeley story line is just annoying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It is the final season anyway.

I think the humour has dropped a little. The only bit I really found daft was the hero worship for Zava. That was getting silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Agree with everyone else it's definitely missing something. I think seasons 1 and 2 were more dramatic and funnier. Prime example is what felt like half of episode 6 with Rebecca on the boat was just a borefest

Didn't help that the latest episode was over an hour.. the scenes with Roy and Jamie was the best stuff in it and even those, outside of the bits with Roy learning to ride a bike, weren't great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I have given up on it at this stage. Might revisit when season is over and I need something on in the background.

Hopefully we see a good few closing episodes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree. The longer episodes do not suit the show at all. Keep it to a tight 30/35 mins and the show would be way better. Oh well glad it’s not getting a season 4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Don't really know what to make of this week's episode really, thought it was a bit of an odd one. Guess they just wanted some kind of filler episode to slow down the pace a little.

I like Colin's storyline because it's actually a very real issue in football at the moment. God only knows how many Colin's there is in the Premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I honestly really enjoyed this week's episode. Filler yes but all the characters and the show itself is at a cross roads and a halfway point (2nd half of the football season) and it was a really refreshing way to build relationships.

Loved Roy and Jamie together, Will and Lesley, Ted going off on his journey and the team finding a new energy and clarity.

Highlight was definitely Roy and Jamie though, but loving Colin's storyline too.

Edit: Additional thoughts:

Very interested to see where Nate's storyline is going. He's getting way less sinister now as the season goes along and away from Rupert's grips. On the one hand he's clearly a very skilled mansger and strategist but his self esteem is through the floor. The fact that he's connected with the girl in the Greek place is a hopeful sign for his sake. Let's see if he finds his way to Ted's place and sees the photo gift and/or a seat in front of Dr Sharon.

Whatever happens after I'm guessing he's facing a big fall beforehand.

Post edited by Busi_Girl08 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I really liked that ep too. Then again I loved the Xmas ep! 😊

It's messy and chaotic but it still has the Ted Lasso heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The answer to that question has been estimated at between 30 and 60 in the Premier League and up to 500 gay players across the football league divisions in England alone.

Makes you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will Ted's Total Football fail which could really put him under pressure

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nah I imagine they’re going for a Richmond West Ham race for the league title arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Decent watch but I don't think I laughed out loud at any stage. More easy watching then genuinely entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

And they say there's no comedy in the show this season...

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nick Mohammed said on Off Menu he doesn't know if there will be another season. Nate coming back to replace Ted seems too obvious but it's possible it'll continue without Ted or some type of spin off.

Also, if Dutch guy ends up fathering Rebecca's baby, is it not a tiny bit creepy he denied they slept together? Or maybe I'm over thinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't think they slept together, I read him saying "we did" as referring to something else like falling in love but maybe they were being literal

• Advertisement

Agreed. Definitely read it as "we fell in love" or really connected. Especially considering we saw him tuck her in when he saw she fell asleep during the foot rub.

The fact that there seems to be a kid already in the mix and a potential instant family makes me wonder is it too an on the nose happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Much stronger episode this week.

Enjoyed the training, Jamie's development, Sam's story, Roy's cringe. The Nate stuff and Keeley was also fine.

And some good vibes throughout.

Yeah I thought the same. Better episode all round and brought back the good feels.

Sam’s storyline felt so forced tho.

Felt a bit too like the forced agenda of the "oil spill" storyline in season 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,013 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Amsterdam episode was this series version of the Xmas special.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Liked this weeks episode and we finally got to see Ted actually do 'Soccer stuff'

Loved Roy's face when everyone thought Jamie had a bit of an accident on the training pitch with the rope 😆

If this is the 'last season of the show' then I can see Ted leaving going back to America and maybe a spin off with Roy been manager

I think it’s all leading to Nate taking over the reigns off Ted. Nate is softening each episode all he needs to do is stand up to Rupert and he’s there.

Will he have the team's backing though? You saw their reaction after the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Would only take a bit of a speech for everyone to forgive him, par for the course for the show in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think this week's episode was probably the worst along with the Christmas one. They keep shoehorning in new plots, its starting to drag

Advertisement