Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I dont have to prove to anyone that its dangerous. I've made a conscious choice not to take it
    What a strange postion to take...:confused:

You can prove that it's dangerous, but you decide not to?

Honestly it sounds more like you can't show it's dangerous.
    See my previous post about the rushed swine flu vaccine after everyone was told it was safe
    Sure. So what percentage of people who took the vaccine suffered this side effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

http://www.google.ie
    see here for link for info you require

http://www.google.ie
    see here for link for info you require
    So you don't know what the rate of the side effects. That's ok. It's very easy to find out.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemrix
    Pandemrix was found to be associated with narcolepsy from observational studies, increasing the risk of narcolepsy by 5-14 times in children and 2-7 times in adults. The increased risk of narcolepsy due to vaccination was 1 in 18400 or 0.005%.[5]

Again, the risk of dying from covid (leaving aside other potential side effects) is between 1% and 2%.
    The danger of dying from covid is 200 times greater than this risk.
    Yet again you are telling us that covid isn't something to worry about.

Why are you more afraid of something that has a lesser chance of happening to you?

it seems only the desperate and needy will take it anyway

Just spoke to my dad who is approaching 80 and still has his wits about him telling me he's glad he's still fully aware and not in a home as he would be afraid of someone sticking a needle in him without his consent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Just spoke to my dad who is approaching 80 and still has his wits about him telling me he's glad he's still fully aware and not in a home as he would be afraid of someone sticking a needle in him without his consent

No one wants a needle stuck in them "without consent". If someone chooses to get the vaccine down the line they can, it's advisable for older people as it should be much safer than risking contracting the virus.

• Advertisement

so how would you feel if they made it mandatory to take the vaccine here?
    Whats your opinion on that?

Implement a policy of No vaccine, no benefits
    You lose your job - no benefits unless you take the vaccine
    You are at pensionable age - no vaccine, no pension

Sorry, you've just dodged the question entirely.

You brought up the idea that the swine flu vaccine caused narcolepsy as a reason to be afraid of the covid vaccine.

However, after you admitted to not knowing the percentage of cases, we see that it is far less than the chances of dying due to covid.
    Please address this.

Why should we worry about the possible side effects of the vaccine more than covid when the dangers you are worried about are less likely to happen than dying from covid?

so how would you feel if they made it mandatory to take the vaccine here?

Whats your opinion on that?

Hasn't happened before, but if they did, there would have to be a critical reason behind, e.g. a highly dangerous strain of the disease with a much higher fatality rate.

There may be isolated cases where a particular e.g. hospital might require certain staff to be vaccinated

Unlikely.

Your views seem to be constantly paranoid of all this, like all of this is some sort of "trick". It's a global pandemic of a highly infectious disease, we're taking measures to curb it, there's no "trick" or big exciting conspiracy going on.

King Mob wrote: »

the possible side effects of the vaccine

we will see

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Unlikely.
    but not impossible?

• Advertisement

but not impossible?

Nothing is impossible. Australia has a "no jab, no pay" rule whereby if parents refuse certain vaccinations for their kids they won't receive certain child welfare payments. Over 80% of Australians support that particular policy.

we will see
    And again you're running away from the question entirely.

I think this is because you have no answer.

You have no rational reason to fear the vaccine more than covid.
    Your belief is entirely irrational and based on faulty arguments and incorrect information.

Nothing is impossible. Australia has a "no jab, no pay" rule whereby if parents refuse certain vaccinations for their kids they won't receive certain child welfare payments. Over 80% of Australians support that particular policy.

Also, if your child's vaccines aren't up to date, plenty of creches refuse children who don't have up to date vaccines. It's done for health and safety reasons and not unreasonable. In this case, I suspect restricted travel to certain destinations which is pretty fair as many countries wouldn't be okay with such travellers and the risk they pose. The other is probably sports events and concerts. This will likely outrage antivaxxers but none of these things are a right and tend to be luxuries.

Interesting that the poster won't actually say what they think about the hpv and mmr vaccines....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

:cool:

Won't happen in Ireland but I wish it did.

If we're still in lockdown this time next year it'll be because of people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm making a bit of headway catching up with this thread. I'm only two weeks back now!
    Fodla wrote: »
    I never said it did. I said that the title does. Owning nothing means no private property.

And I'm speculating, based on WEF choosing to retweet a link to the article a couple of months before the Great Reset, that they are going to propose abolishing private property. Schwab has said that there are going to be monumental changes. Abolishing private property would certainly be monumental.

You're connecting the dots. They might not be the correct dots...or even in the correct order. Go ahead though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm making a bit of headway catching up with this thread. I'm only two weeks back now!

You're connecting the dots. They might not be the correct dots...or even in the correct order. Go ahead though.

That's another deleted poster I think

Fodla wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ng_eso/status/1331630079257038849

Electricity shortages. What a surprise. Food shortages next.

I guess electricity shortages are just another coincidence to add to the long list. Build back better Biden (or is that Trudeau? Or Johnson? Or whomever else just happens to be saying it this week) did warn of a dark winter. Come to think of it, so did Johnson, Sanchéz in Spain, and Merkel. All the same words. Another coincidence.

Is it a coincidence that Fodla is an anagram of a famous German fella? Probably. Means nothing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

That's another deleted poster I think

Shíte. I'm not very good at this am I. I'm now on page 14 of 17. I'll save the rest for tomorrow.

Catching up.
    The QR code scan is coming, they have private companies working on it and blockchain technology will be used

What's your issue with the QR code thing?

What's this 'blockchain' thing that you and that Gianni fella mention...and what's the issue with it?

It's just another buzzword. They likely have no idea what Blockchain is.

• Advertisement

Davos 2021 is postponed until May

So...what's wrong with creating a, "more fair, sustainable and resilient future"? What's wrong with creating a, "social contract centred on human dignity, social justice and where societal progress doesn't fall behind economic development"?

Penfailed wrote: »
    Catching up.

What's your issue with the QR code thing?

What's this 'blockchain' thing that you and that Gianni fella mention...and what's the issue with it?

No issue with QR Codes
    Blockchain- well if you read up on it you will find out
    It’s relatively new technology and I have nothing against it. Did I say I had an issue with it?
    Ever heard of bitcoin? That’s one example and probably the most common use of blockchain

No issue with QR Codes
    Blockchain- well if you read up on it you will find out
    It’s relatively new technology and I have nothing against it. Did I say I had an issue with it?
    Ever heard of bitcoin? That’s one example and probably the most common use of blockchain

But why would think of Blockchain? Why would an immutable dataset be essential to this?

But why would think of Blockchain? Why would an immutable dataset be essential to this?

I'll give you a little direction to where to start looking

https://digibyte.io/en-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Did anyone hear of the EMPCOE conspiracy? I was listening to Mick West's podcast and his guest had a boyfriend who really bought into it. It seems to have been floating around for a while and a big event was promised by it's promoters on a few occasions. Some of the language sounded familiar to the great reset.

on the subject of QR codes, they will become more & more into society when people start making payments
    Revolut have yet to roll it out on their app but its coming
    payments will all become digital as people migrate their legacy bank accounts over to digital wallets when money as we know it will be in a digital format
    it will make payments easier and frictionless and you will be able to transfer money around the world in seconds rather than days

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did anyone hear of the EMPCOE conspiracy? I was listening to Mick West's podcast and his guest had a boyfriend who really bought into it. It seems to have been floating around for a while and a big event was promised by it's promoters on a few occasions. Some of the language sounded familiar to the great reset.

I had a scan of the thread on reddit and it is as nuts as I thought it would be.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

on the subject of QR codes, they will become more & more into society when people start making payments
    Revolut have yet to roll it out on their app but its coming
    payments will all become digital as people migrate their legacy bank accounts over to digital wallets when money as we know it will be in a digital format
    it will make payments easier and frictionless and you will be able to transfer money around the world in seconds rather than days

Its pretty much the payment de jour in China.
    Its a cheaper safer way to pay.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Its pretty much the payment de jour in China.
    Its a cheaper safer way to pay.

ya China are miles ahead of everyone else in implementing their digital yuan

ECB are working on the EUR
    Many other central banks too

States are way behind

The only thing in China with their credit system is that they control everyones wallets so if their social credit score drops they can basically limit how much they can spend on a daily basis until they start behaving themselves again

• Advertisement

Have we established that there's no problem with QR codes and Blockchain then?

Advertisement