Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mask or not to two - Mask Megathread cont.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

paw patrol wrote: »

Masks are a load of b9llocks and only there to offer comfort to people .

BTW I have a stash of N95 from when we thought covid was a killer virus (Feb 2020)

Masks are for show.

Says the lad who bought a stash of N95's back in FEB 2020 and is still hoarding them to this day.

So where did you buy them? How many did you buy, whats a stash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Are masks still mandatory for taxi drivers?

Is there a way on a taxi app of checking your driver is wearing one before they arrive? Like texting them when they get the job?

This is the latest I can find re: taxis and masks and it seems to focus on the passenger side of things

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-ireland-face-masks-now-19414879

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Are masks still mandatory for taxi drivers?

Is there a way on a taxi app of checking your driver is wearing one before they arrive? Like texting them when they get the job?

This is the latest I can find re: taxis and masks and it seems to focus on the passenger side of things

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-ireland-face-masks-now-19414879

Couldn't find much about it, but wouldn't the rules be same as for public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I wouldnt worry too much about the app but I would open the taxi windows. coming home from work today and topdeck bus windows still shut needless to say I opened a few. I'm all for masks on public transport as it reduces the spitters, splutterers, messy eaters and nosepickers...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A solution to the fogged up glasses problem?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57256776

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

is_that_so wrote: »

Holding your breath works too :P

It seems to me that they are trying to sell us every stupid kind of gadget during this pandemic.

Holding your breath works too :P

It seems to me that they are trying to sell us every stupid kind of gadget during this pandemic.

Some gadgets are useful. Just need one person to try it out and share the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

is_that_so wrote: »

Oh for gods sake. Look you won't have to worry about masks soon...I know it'll be hard let go but some of us would like to get back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Couldn't find much about it, but wouldn't the rules be same as for public transport?

I'll probably get an Uber, they're (thankfully) a stickler for the rules

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'll probably get an Uber, they're (thankfully) a stickler for the rules

When I was looking for info about that, found few taxi companies and they have it as a rule, for drivers and customers.

• Advertisement

Oh for gods sake. Look you won't have to worry about masks soon...I know it'll be hard let go but some of us would like to get back to normal.

:D

Do you think this thread is about how to don't get back to normal? If so, you are mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm! Ranting poster lectures other posters about being normal! Most bemused that you've picked on me but sure who reads anything anymore beyond the posts that annoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Seanergy wrote: »
    Says the lad who bought a stash of N95's back in FEB 2020 and is still hoarding them to this day.

So where did you buy them? How many did you buy, whats a stash?

yes.
    we aren't talking n95 or ppf2/ppf3 mask.

I didn't buy them , I got them off an engineer friend.
    A stash is 25 masks.

But not sure your point , if you even have one?

was it some failed attempt to catch me out and garnish likes off those who disagree with my opinion and will like any sh1tpile of a comment that backs their view?

With the temperatures rising, these masks are getting more and more a problem.
    Yesterday I told my boss that I'm really having problem wearing them all day when it's hot, and if I get annoyed at them, I leave my workplace and go home without notice at anytime in the day.
    He said "that's fine".
    I already did this last Friday, I'm ready to do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Tork

How secure is your job? Sounds like you’re asking to be fired here. No boss is going to tolerate a member of staff just fecking off home like that for very long.

What sort of masks do you wear? I bought some N95 ones and find them a lot nicer to wear than the cheaper ones. They’re rigid which helps greatly.

Tork wrote: »
    How secure is your job? Sounds like you’re asking to be fired here. No boss is going to tolerate a member of staff just fecking off home like that for very long.

What sort of masks do you wear? I bought some N95 ones and find them a lot nicer to wear than the cheaper ones. They’re rigid which helps greatly.

I wear surgical masks, much lighter than N95, which I wouldn't stand. What I can't stand is the feeling of warmth and dampness I have when I wear them, opposite to the freshness of not having any.

My job is rather secure, and I often do not wear the ask or I keep it down, but when I'm in the condition of keeping it on my nose/mouth, it gets really hard to stand it for more than half an hour.
    I know that what I do can't be tolerated for long.

yes.
    we aren't talking n95 or ppf2/ppf3 mask.

A stash is 25 masks.

But not sure your point , if you even have one?

was it some failed attempt to catch me out and garnish likes off those who disagree with my opinion and will like any sh1tpile of a comment that backs their view?

What's with the attitude? It's a discussion board, you say things n people comment back, sometimes ask questions...

You say you never used any of them, u didn't even test one of these N95's, your friend gifted you. Why not?

What are you saving them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

People still wearing masks is just odd. Thankfully taking them off results in more people shamefully taking theirs off too.

Its just like at the beginning of this whole mess. I started wearing a mask out of an abundance of caution, and was laughed at. Now those that cling to them are equally laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sobit1964 wrote: »
    People still wearing masks is just odd. Thankfully taking them off results in more people shamefully taking theirs off too.

Its just like at the beginning of this whole mess. I started wearing a mask out of an abundance of caution, and was laughed at. Now those that cling to them are equally laughed at.

I've noticed a few more people without them of late. It's sad that this is now an unusual thing.

For anyone who can't stand the stupid things - like myself - or is having difficulties with comfort etc just get one of those plastic face shields. Meets the requirements of a "face covering" and while ridiculous, they're not nearly as uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sobit1964 wrote: »

This post is odd.

Cling?
    Laughed at today for wearing a mask? Nope.
    Unless its by some anti masker or simple minded teenager who laughs at everything.
    Absolute nonsense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've noticed a few more people without them of late. It's sad that this is now an unusual thing.

They are pretty much done in my workplace now. Nothing official, people have just stopped wearing them and it turns out nobody really cares, the only reason anybody ever wore one here in the first place was because it was mandated.

Most people aren't stupid, they know when something is just for show.

A stash is 25 masks.

So they were stolen.

Did you ask for them or was your friend just handing out stashes of N95's to all his friends?

Never asked what your friend does, which makes he think they are not an engineer, maybe they work in healthcare?

For anyone who can't stand the stupid things - like myself - or is having difficulties with comfort etc just get one of those plastic face shields. Meets the requirements of a "face covering" and while ridiculous, they're not nearly as uncomfortable.

Reckless health advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Reckless health advice.

Covid as any sort of significant risk is done with the actually vulnerable now almost entirely vaccinated and the HSE now vaccinating perfectly healthy people in their 40s.

I'm in a hospital as I type this and have seen multiple staff members without masks - from admin to medical to the cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Covid as any sort of significant risk is done with the actually vulnerable now almost entirely vaccinated and the HSE now vaccinating perfectly healthy people in their 40s.

I'm in a hospital as I type this and have seen multiple staff members without masks - from admin to medical to the cleaner

Get your facts straight. Alot of high risk people in group 7 are still waiting on their vaccine.

What's with the attitude? It's a discussion board, you say things n people comment back, sometimes ask questions...

You say you never used any of them, u didn't even test one of these N95's, your friend gifted you. Why not?

What are you saving them for?

you started the attitude , read your post again

what did I have them for? the covid we were told told was killing the Chinese and on it's way to ireland.
    The covid that was so lethal it caused people to drop dead in the street and subsequently needed men in space suits to drag these bodies off and then industrially clean the streets while the local residents were being welded into their homes "for their own safety".

That covid19.

It was pretty clear when it came to Europe something was amiss with Covid19's PR.

Again, we aren't talking about my stash that's an irrelevant point.

But you knew that was the point but for some reason want to quiz me on a different type of mask. why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

you started the attitude , read your post again

what did I have them for? the covid we were told told was killing the Chinese and on it's way to ireland.
    The covid that was so lethal it caused people to drop dead in the street and subsequently needed men in space suits to drag these bodies off and then industrially clean the streets while the local residents were being welded into their homes "for their own safety".

That covid19.

It was pretty clear when it came to Europe something was amiss with Covid19's PR.

Again, we aren't talking about my stash that's an irrelevant point.

But you knew that was the point but for some reason want to quiz me on a different type of mask. why?

The covid-19 that you think you are invisible from. The covid-19 that you feel you will get over. The covid-19 that makes others sick with long recoveries. The covid-19 that actually does kill people.

It is great that you think you will get over covid ok. You know at this stage that masks are for protecting others. You know the other people that aren't so lucky as you.

So they were stolen.
    Did you ask for them or was your friend just handing out stashes of N95's to all his friends?
    Never asked what your friend does, which makes he think they are not an engineer, maybe they work in healthcare?

nope engineer.
    why would I tell you want he specifically worked at? What's it to you? engineer is sufficient

stolen? he is self employed so maybe he stole from revenue as they would be labelled a business expense.
    but you question me like i'd care if he stole them from work? I wouldn't.
    would it bother you if they were stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

They are pretty much done in my workplace now. Nothing official, people have just stopped wearing them and it turns out nobody really cares, the only reason anybody ever wore one here in the first place was because it was mandated.

Most people aren't stupid, they know when something is just for show.

LOL classic line there, what's you next gem going to be?... Most people aren't stupid, they know the world is flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sconsey wrote: »
    LOL classic line there, what's you next gem going to be?...

Well, its unlikely to be "LOL", I know that at least.

Advertisement