Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Late Late Show - 4/9/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

That Renault should be forklifted into a skip.
    It’s like something a penguin would sh1te

I actually thought the same + said to my husband i wouldn't take that car even if I won it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

appledrop wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed it+ I wouldnt usually say that about LLS.

Those girls surving the night on those paddle boards s unbelievable.

Ye I thought most of it good and entertaining too. Just thought the Ronan Glynn part could be left out of it. I had no problem with any of the rest of it do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Personally I think he’s a very likeable chap and spoke very well there. He has youthful looks, fair play to him, but he is 40 odd.

I found Tony unbearably smug and condescending so for me, Ronan is far easier to listen to.

Ronan was brilliant tonight.
    Tony was never smug,. World Pandemic is what they are dealing with, I'm sure they'd love to grab some people by the collars and shake the f&#k out of them!? None of those guys are smug they just know more than any of us mere-mortals what we are dealing with. They don't deal in social media fake news conspiracy crap,it must wreck their heads when they hear some of that shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

All they needed was Enya to join them.

She’s minister for education now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

fritzelly wrote: »
    Russell Crowe?????
    WTF happened to him

I didnt even cop it was him!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't really paying attention to that section + when it was over I said to my husband 'Russell Crowe was meant to be on' + he said he was.

Had to rewind it couldnt find him. Nearly died when I saw it was an auld fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Russell Crowe looks a wreck at 56, certainly hasn't aged well since the last time he was on the Late Late and sang with the house band.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    25 minutes in

Zara King's friend Sandra Bullock says to her "Zara, you are so stressed out over this, why don't you get a puppy - you love puppies, you always talk about getting a puppy, get a puppy"

Sandra Bullock brings Zara King to the Dog Shelter and, you won't believe who is volunteering in his spare time to look after homeless puppies - it's only Dr Ronan Glynn!"

etc

They smile at each other and just as they start chatting they are interrupted by...oh, no!...his superficial and demanding fianceé!

Gosh, will Zara ever catch a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Russell Crowe looks a wreck at 56, certainly hasn't aged well since the last time he was on the Late Late and sang with the house band.

I haven't see one egit that has aged well by growing their beard,they just look older.... simple as that.
    Just has that: I give up don't give a f#@k anymore look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The house band.......one positive out of covid.

• Advertisement

I haven't see one egit that has aged well by growing their beard,they just look older.... simple as that.

Not all egits wear beards...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Not great on younger men either, if you use Paul Galvin or Roy Keane ( when he grows it ) as a benchmark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

If your gonna clap along, at least get the timing right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

darlett wrote: »

Also, those commentating on how a daughter mourning on the loss of her father, 'would get "it"' need to get in touch with your own humanity and not do that. Hard to read such ****e.

Have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those girls surving the night on those paddle boards s unbelievable.

Any message about safety using those things at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Have to agree.

with the people saying she would get it?

or the poster giving out about that?

or both?

with the people saying she would get it?

or the poster giving out about that?

or both?

All three, really

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

From water safety to hosting a tv show same message , never get out of your depth !

My inflatable one is now being confined to the skip next time it arrives on the estate. Mind you I can only sit on it with my bad knees etc, but I got a taste of how vulnerable inflatable ones are from using in an extremely show bay when there was a slight offshore wind. I wasn't long about jumping off it into the shallow water before it went out. Your body acts like a sail on them. Unless on a small lake, wearing buoyancy gear etc, they are unsafe. Really, any paddle boarding needs to be done with reference to forecast wind direction, in a confined bay, with wet suit and in a group or with a person in a motorised rescue boat keeping watch.

In many countries, like England, even the Isolde of Man, there are dedicated boating lakes with shallow water, where people can undertake these sports quite safely. I often think we need (more) such places here, maybe where you pay entry or for hire of the craft, and have changing area, cafe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Beautiful vinyl

But at a tenner plus another tenner for postage it's priced a bit steep! And onlly 1 track on it!

• Advertisement

Shakyfan wrote: »
    But at a tenner plus another tenner for postage it's priced a bit steep! And onlly 1 track on it!

I should have posted, “Beautiful” vinyl, because in the Toyman’s world, everything is beautiful, delicious, kind and many other uber-superlatives and exaggerations, all used entirely out of context.

No book is delicious, I don’t eat books. No vinyl is beautiful, it’s 12 inches of plastic with a hole in the middle. Taking the p1ss out off someone isn’t kind.

Ms

I actually thought the same + said to my husband i wouldn't take that car even if I won it!

Jealousy is not good for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Skid X wrote: »
    I hope Sligojoek and the other absentees are enjoying their €9 meals tonight

Hi Skid. Well spotted. I was indeed scoffing with my brother in North Tipp. Washed down with draught Guinness. LLS on silent on the tellybox in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hi Skid. Well spotted. I was indeed scoffing with my brother in North Tipp. Washed down with draught Guinness. LLS on silent on the tellybox in the corner.

I know the sort of place.

And if the channel was changed some old lad in the corner would say "I was watching that". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see they are chopping about 20 minutes off for the next show.

Ms

Remember the doctor that was on this episode talking about her Dad and family and the effect Covid had on them. Well her name is Sammer not Summer as some people here seem to think and am sure that is what the plank Tubridy called her too.

AMKC wrote: »
    Remember the doctor that was on this episode talking about her Dad and family and the effect Covid had on them. Well her name is Sammer not Summer as some people here seem to think and am sure that is what the plank Tubridy called her too.

Maybe the ever bothersome autocorrect? That doesn’t explain Turbidity’s behaviour, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are the viewing figures in any way representative of actual viewers? Last weeks apparently pulled in 511k people.
    Figures announced on Tuesday showed that the Late Late's return had an average audience of 511,000 (Live and Viewed on Same Day as Live - VOSDAL).

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0908/1163878-first-late-late-back-pulls-in-over-500-000-viewers/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭thesandeman

elperello wrote: »
    I know the sort of place.

And if the channel was changed some old lad in the corner would say "I was watching that". :)

I once had a woman self excluding herself from a pub I was running because I turned down the sound on Coronation Street so we could get news of a tube crash half a mile away on local radio.
    It emerged afterwards that her husband was on the train but unharmed.
    She and her family still boycotted the place for over a year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Are the viewing figures in any way representative of actual viewers? Last weeks apparently pulled in 511k people.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0908/1163878-first-late-late-back-pulls-in-over-500-000-viewers/

I'd hazard a guess that the LLS is pulling in viewers because of the C19.

Less going out and people want to take part, if only from their living room, in some sort of community/conversation/entertainment experience which is Irish based.

The competition from UK channels isn't that great on a Friday night either.

Advertisement