Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Late Late Show - 4/9/2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mayo win something at last :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

inthehat wrote: »
    I like Ronan. He seems like a sound, capable guy. Unfair to compare him to Tony, who was in fairness a hard act to follow.

Has Tony been canonised yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

"I'm sure we'll talk again..."

Of course you will, Ryan.

Every fortnight.

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That goon had to say "Where're at!" rather than 'where we are'. I hate his guts and a pox on his pets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,822 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's happening in 9mts?

Rumours of a vaccine. Might be better to place money on aliens being discovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Night folks

"Mary you've just won the first available vaccine in Ireland. Next weeks winners will be announced this day next week, only on the LLS."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

All this social distancing and all that.

I've no covid, but I also haven't had as much as the tiniest hint of any of the other colds and crap that normally go around since this started. So that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Personally I think he’s a very likeable chap and spoke very well there. He has youthful looks, fair play to him, but he is 40 odd.

I found Tony unbearably smug and condescending so for me, Ronan is far easier to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well, tonight's show turned out to be as expected :pac: :(

Nos da, folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

Good Show I thought to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

"What are you going to spend it on Ms Bahola?"

"Jezz would you give me a second to think about it like, I just won the damn thing ffs".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭skinny90

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Personally I think he’s a very likeable chap and spoke very well there. He has youthful looks, fair play to him, but he is 40 odd.

I found Tony unbearably smug and condescending so for me, Ronan is far easier to listen to.

I think Tony had tougher job, he had to be some what smug especially with some of the muck being asked after every briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I'd love to punch Ryan Tubridy in the face

Thank you....im glad im not the only one

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭trashcan

skinny90 wrote: »
    I think Tony had tougher job, he had to be some what smug especially with some of the muck being asked after every briefing.

I didn't think Tony was smug. Thought he came across very well really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I like Ronan. He seems like a sound, capable guy. Unfair to compare him to Tony, who was in fairness a hard act to follow.

I think Tony did a very fine job, but as identified, its a much more complicated job lifting lockdown than it is imposing it. And also with that Tony worked with Leo who came alive and delivered clear messages and instructions. Ronan's message is coming out with Martin who is simply not performing, which makes Ronan look worse.

Also, those commentating on how a daughter mourning on the loss of her father, 'would get "it"' need to get in touch with your own humanity and not do that. Hard to read such ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NPHET are running the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

JoeA3 wrote: »

Youthful looks . Are you kidding ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

such a wasted opportunity...

the increased level of cases, what specifically can they be attributed to?

cos lets be honest, any lockdown in any area/industry is pointless until that data is known. And following from that, what counter measures are in place.

a standard late late. great potential, just ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Has Tony been canonised yet?

No..he's busy..taking care of a very ill family member.

• Advertisement

Ronan Glynn speaks for the silent majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Seems a decent guy but look at the numbers now. Don't think would have happened under Tony's watch. I really hope he comes back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Oberkon wrote: »
    Youthful looks . Are you kidding ?

Responding to the several inane comments here and elsewhere that he looks too young for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

NIMAN wrote: »
    NPHET are running the country.

I, for one, welcome our new NPHET overlords..................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ronan Glynn speaks for the silent majority.

Hey Ronan is that you?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Hey Ronan is that you?

I am not him myself but have had the good grace to have been involved in meetings with him. Very capable fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I deliberately avoided live news so far. Am all the better for it.

But still catch up now and then. As you do.

I wish Dr Holohan and his wife all the best.

We are not all awful people on here really. Some of of us do care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Watched the first bit with the girls who got lost at sea...had to turn it off....

I just cant believe how nauseating Ryan Tubridy is....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »
    Zara King from Virgin Media asking him about Weddings at every Press Conference

She is obsessed

I am working on a RomCom screenplay loosely based on Zara and Dr Ronan where he hates her constant questions about weddings every day and they initially hate each other with a passion but [after 80 minutes of predicable filler] they get married

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Reynolds, it'll sell itself.

25 minutes in

Zara King's friend Sandra Bullock says to her "Zara, you are so stressed out over this, why don't you get a puppy - you love puppies, you always talk about getting a puppy, get a puppy"

Sandra Bullock brings Zara King to the Dog Shelter and, you won't believe who is volunteering in his spare time to look after homeless puppies - it's only Dr Ronan Glynn!"

etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

quartz1 wrote: »
    Good Show I thought to be honest

I actually really enjoyed it+ I wouldnt usually say that about LLS.

Those girls surving the night on those paddle boards s unbelievable.

Advertisement