Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Late Late Show - 4/9/2020

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I once had a woman self excluding herself from a pub I was running because I turned down the sound on Coronation Street so we could get news of a tube crash half a mile away on local radio.
    It emerged afterwards that her husband was on the train but unharmed.
    She and her family still boycotted the place for over a year though.
    Well you could have turned on subtitles for the corny street and you might have avoided that. Maybe next time turn on the subtitles and turn the sound down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

AMKC wrote: »
    Well you could have turned on subtitles for the corny street and you might have avoided that. Maybe next time turn on the subtitles and turn the sound down.

Or alternatively just put a boot thru th'Telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I once had a woman self excluding herself from a pub I was running because I turned down the sound on Coronation Street so we could get news of a tube crash half a mile away on local radio.
    It emerged afterwards that her husband was on the train but unharmed.
    She and her family still boycotted the place for over a year though.

I recall, in the distant past when going to the pub was still a thing and sing songs were allowed, seeing people watching the turned down telly and singing along with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Everyone (except her) was more worried that anyone we knew had been involved tbh. Not sure if Corrie was subtitled in 1989 either. Too late now anyway.

Advertisement