Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The death of Thiago Cortes MOD NOTE IN OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    It would have been fitting if the Deliveroo crowd had delivered a firm thrashing to the 'salt of the earth'.

I've said it before and I'll say again, it is only a matter of time before somebody with no previous convictions, wife, 3 kids and mortgage loses it and ends up killing one or two of the local pond life.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

long sad history of road deaths in this country, sadly many are hit and run scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I've said it before and I'll say again, it is only a matter of time before somebody with no previous convictions, wife, 3 kids and mortgage loses it and ends up killing one or two of the local pond life.

I'd love to be foreman of his jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

KevRossi wrote: »

Only real solution is to catch them and fine them and take it out of their wages or cut their welfare payments if they refuse to pay. .

Wages? What wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If they do they will get jail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And when the Gardai were sitting on their hands doing nothing about the heroin epedemic in the north inner city Dublin the IRA came to the people assistance in safeguarding those organizing the Concerned parents against pushers groups.

The IRA are also the reason Boris Johnston isn’t your leader, so balance the good with the bad and be a bit objective. The narrative that the IRA has done nothing but bad (they have done plenty wrong, I don’t dispute that) in this country is sickening and shows only a massive lack of knowledge about history.

Dont be playing "Defender of the people" line for the Provos who tried to infiltrate community groups and brutally murdered poor Josie Dwyer, a low level drug user, in Dolphins Barn by kicking him to death.
    Of course certain dealers were allowed carry on once they paid up protection money to the Provos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

saabsaab wrote: »
    If they do they will get jail!

And if they get off or receive a light sentence, the Left will have a meltdown and scream “posh people get off scot free” and “money talks”.

The same Left that conveniently ignore the fact that plenty of underprivileged lads with multiple convictions also get off lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Edgware wrote: »
    Of course certain dealers were allowed carry on once they paid up protection money to the Provos

Link to back that up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Dont be playing "Defender of the people" line for the Provos who tried to infiltrate community groups and brutally murdered poor Josie Dwyer, a low level drug user, in Dolphins Barn by kicking him to death.

No sympathy for drug dealers tbh, low level or not.

R. I. P. Thiago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    If that's the case I'd like to see Dubliners take to the streets and demand meaningful action. The scumbag generation has to be stopped in its tracks.

How can Dubliners take meaningful action. Will you lead them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Wages? What wages?

All of the kids who were identified pushing the Chinese lady into the Royal canal a couple of weeks ago have working parents. Plenty of what you think are scumbags actually work, or their parents do.
    How can Dubliners take meaningful action. Will you lead them?

There are no meaningful community leaders in that area. It's Mary Lou's constituency, she's not interested, never even bothered sending one of her many tweets about Thiago, or asking for the driver or passengers to come forward. Why would she? Deliveroo cyclists have no vote, those that killed him, and those who harbour them do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

Fritzbox wrote: »
    Nowhere in this article does it say that a Garda detective believes that the driver of the car hit the cyclist deliberately. Read the article again.

Obviously you didn't read it. The fiancee says the Detective visited her at her apartment and said he believes it was intentional and they need to find evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Fritzbox

Obviously you didn't read it. The fiancee says the Detective visited her at her apartment and said he believes it was intentional and they need to find evidence.

Well, I don't see it?

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5864032/thiago-cortes-dad-scatter-ashes-dublin-dream/
    Both Mr Cortes and Thiago’s fiancee Teresa Dantas praised the support they have received from the Gardai who are hunting his killers.

Teresa said: “The police are being very attentive. I have a detective in contact with me every day. He came to my house, told me about how long the investigation would take.”

And she believes Thiago may have been deliberately targeted — but gardai said they have no evidence this was the case.

POSSIBLE TARGET
    Teresa said: “The feeling that we have as Brazilian immigrants is that it was definitely deliberate.

“There is a history of attacks against delivery workers, the majority of whom are Brazilian.

“The avenue where he was knocked down is very wide, and at the time of the accident there was no traffic there.

“So it was impossible for them not to see him and be able to avoid him. For me, it was definitely deliberate.”

However, gardai say the matter remains under investigation and they are awaiting a technical examination of the 05 Ford Focus ‘company car’ — bought for €200 to be driven into the ground — before drawing any conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Link to back that up?

Why should I?

No query about the Provo scum who murdered Josie though. Happy enough for the heroes to take credit for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Why should I?

No query about the Provo scum who murdered Josie though. Happy enough for the heroes to take credit for that

I don't spend my time worry about those who fund drug dealers.

You care passionately about all those who finance criminals or just this case?

It's behind a paywall.

There you are circled.

Why should I?

I put the backup link for them. Also any arms coming from Colombia came with shock horror? FARC were narco terrorists and the product used to fund the cause but hid behind pushers our concerned parents. But only the pushers who weren’t being taxed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

joeguevara wrote: »
    It's behind a paywall.
    I don't spend my time worry about those who fund drug dealers.

You care passionately about all those who finance criminals or just this case?
    There you are circled.
    I put the backup link for them. Also any arms coming from Colombia came with shock horror? FARC were narco terrorists and the product used to fund the cause but hid behind pushers our concerned parents. But only the pushers who weren’t being taxed.

Mod

Get back on topic please, none of that has anything to do with this thread.

• Advertisement

Mod

Get back on topic please, none of that has anything to do with this thread.

Apologies.

Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family and hoping that the perpetrators brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Being discussed on Liveline right now, a Deliveroo rider is explaining the many assaults on them, being chased by kids with baseball bats and the Gardai saying they can do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Being discussed on Liveline right now, a Deliveroo rider is explaining the many assaults on them, being chased by kids with baseball bats and the Gardai saying they can do nothing.

Gardai in the area are unmotivated. Could you blame them the way the judges and legal system act. I'm living in the area, so many little scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

I see that the disease masquerading as a live birth and one of his scummer pals have presented themselves to the Gardaí.

https://www.google.com...-fo100!7i8704!8i4352

"The suspected driver of the car — who recently turned 16 — has also met with gardai but has not been arrested".

"ONE of the passengers suspected of being in the car which ploughed into innocent cyclist Thiago Cortes has come forward... a solicitor for the teenager has informed gardai that his client would not be making any comment."

Am I being terribly naïve here? Am I missing something? Will Mr. Cortes' death just be notched up to an increasingly blind-eye being turned to our native, tracksuited, neck-tattooed feral filth (with their solicitors on speed-dial, hashtag: not their first rodeo).

(Reminds me of that thug who brained the binmen a few weeks ago. Radio-silence since, despite irrefutable video evidence.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Not arrested, that's nuts. Does it even matter? If you kill someone using a car in this country the penalties are nothing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not arrested, that's nuts. Does it even matter? If you kill someone using a car in this country the penalties are nothing.
    If he is arrested then there is a time limit to the questioning and how long he can be kept. If he is released then significant new evidence will be required to re-arrest him again.
    The gardai are doing it correctly here and not wasting an opportunity to get him fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Gardai in the area are unmotivated. Could you blame them the way the judges and legal system act. I'm living in the area, so many little scumbags.

What do you mean unmotivated? Then sack the useless *****. Would it be acceptable for someone I na different profession to be unmotivated which leads to them not doing their job?

Absolutely useless. Even my Mexican friend coming to Ireland to study somehow knows the Garda are useless. It's surely the general opinion floating about the groups she's a member of on facebook.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What do you mean unmotivated? Then sack the useless *****. Would it be acceptable for someone I na different profession to be unmotivated which leads to them not doing their job?

Absolutely useless. Even my Mexican friend coming to Ireland to study somehow knows the Garda are useless. It's surely the general opinion floating about the groups she's a member of on facebook.
    Surely you can understand why they might be demotivated? They arrest someone who has a long history of crime or anti social behaviour. They're back out after a few hours. When it eventually gets to court, little happens and if they don't get away with it, then they'll surely be back home before long.
    Rinse and repeat many times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-25-stabbed-in-finglas-while-delivering-food-1.4348828

Here's another poor immigrant being stabbed while delivering food. Cead mile faite indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

I wish remind you all, in case might be one who is even trying to "understand" the situation, that these scumbags threw bottles against the firefighters a few months ago in Cabra. There is no solution, zero tolerance is the only way, so far. We must first destroy the old house in order to build up a new edifice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement