Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Thing is Pete, you regularly circulate claims and just assume they're true. Basically you share a load of disinformation and then when you're done, get caught out etc. You share some more disinformation. So it's not gonna make people the most trusting of what you post.
    Outlaw Pete believes Tommy Robinson is a trustworthy scource

Make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 81,896 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

LMAO :P The fcuking Amy hearings were last week. Don't think too hard, Overheal.

The 4th day of hearings was 2 days ago, Pete.

Oh dear.

Outing yourself as someone who hasn't been paying attention at. all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The one you just posted, you also previously Biden campaign material that had pre pandemic images and claimed he was going around crowds without a mask. I'm guessing there's others. On top of that you've regularly done your post modernist interpretations of what Trump really meant when he makes statements..

THAT is all you've got after accusing me of "regularly circulating" disinformation?? That I believed a recently tweeted image was current and used images from Biden's own campaign advert believing that to be current?? THAT is what you're using to justify those statements :pac:

As for "I'm guessing there are others" - maybe don't accuse people of things that you guess and you won't faceplant so badly.

Oh and Biden was out and about without a mask. He mingled with firefighters after his Townhall. Nobody is buying the democrats pearl clutching about masks. It's all political theatre to those liars.

Just two examples:

https://twitter.com/reopenbucks/status/1310998138178633734
    https://twitter.com/SteveKrak/status/1306761279365885955

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah pete, you're certainly on a roll tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I know I've said it before but I would f*cking love to see Pete's twitter feed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

THAT is all you've got after accusing me of "regularly circulating" disinformation?? That I believed a recently tweeted image was current and used images from Biden's own campaign advert believing that to be current?? THAT is what you're using to justify those statements :pac:

As for "I'm guessing there are others" - maybe don't accuse people of things that you guess and you won't faceplant so badly.

Oh and Biden was out and about without a mask. He mingled with firefighters after his Townhall. Nobody is buying the democrats pearl clutching about masks. It's all political theatre to those liars.

Just two examples:

But what about....?

Liars? Oh the irony, coming from an avid admirer of the most documented liar in US politics, probably of all time.

Jacinda Arden just won a second term in an absolute land-slide in New Zealand. This was well deserved given her outstanding performance. The idea Trump should be returned based on his performance, is risible.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We know Silentcorner, we know.

No need for this type of comment towards another poster

• Registered Users Posts: 33,113 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm sorry you've completely lost me here....it's not easy to understand what you are saying.

You are aware that there are many more sources of what?

Never mind, have a good sleep!!!

I'll give it one last try.

Confirmation Bias. You only entertain the sources that tell you what you want to hear.

If you still don't undertstand please don't reply!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Confirmation Bias. You only entertain the sources that tell you what you want to hear.

As does everyone else here. Some go full retard it is actually unsettling to watch such amount of hate directed at everyone who does not share their view.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    As does everyone else here. Some go full retard it is actually unsettling to watch such amount of hate directed at everyone who does not share their view.

Don't mind people not sharing my view as long as they have a competent counter argument.

But youtube hits and cookies...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Practically every speech given by every public figure is written by a speech writer and often some device is used to display it.
    I don't know why this is a surprise, why anyone thinks it's a big deal or how it impacts on ability to do the job.

Re the display technology: usually it's those one way glass ones that are less intrusive than that massive screen, but presumably because he was outdoors and hard to get the small one to work or whatever.. but again hardly a surprise..?

(Trump does give a but more off the cuff, but often it's just semi organised deflective nonsense)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'll say this one more time, if I have done a 180, as in I have changed my mind on my opinion on this administration, then how can I be accused of conformation bias...have you ever changed your mind on a topic such as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'll say this one more time, if I have done a 180, as in I have changed my mind on my opinion on this administration, then how can I be accused of conformation bias...have you ever changed your mind on a topic such as this?

Do you support or not support the current administration in the USA? What are your reasons for supporting it? Do any of their achievements stand up to any scrutiny (biggest trade deficit with China aside).

I think if you can point to some factual evidence why your views are this way, then it may help with what your current stance is (beyond everyone says X, so I think Y).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

astrofool wrote: »
    Do you support or not support the current administration in the USA? What are your reasons for supporting it? Do any of their achievements stand up to any scrutiny (biggest trade deficit with China aside).

I think if you can point to some factual evidence why your views are this way, then it may help with what your current stance is (beyond everyone says X, so I think Y).

I have outlined my opinion on why I think the current administration deserves a second term, on numerous occasions, from policies benefitting the black community to policies benefitting the ordinary American in this very thread.

What I haven't expanded on is my belief on why I think it will be a Trump victory beyond a few points about enthusiasm, which I won't do as my opinions are not poll based or based on anything I can point to in media.

If I turn out to be completely incorrect then at least I can only blame myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MadYaker wrote: »
    Comparing it with a Trump rally isn't really a like for like comparison. After the extra judicial killings by the police the black community were justified in taking to the streets imo. Not the burning and the looting but the protesting was understandable.

Trump absolutely has no justification for holding rallies at the moment. It's dangerous, unnecessary and foolish. Bidens campaign is doing pretty good without any rallies.

Except it is like for like.it is a load of people convened together.

If you believe science the virus is really bad and we need to limit crowds. The virus doesn't care about why people are gathered and for what cause.

Death toll was higher when initial protests took place as well.

Both were very very irresponsible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

cnocbui wrote: »
    But what about....?

Liars? Oh the irony, coming from an avid admirer of the most documented liar in US politics, probably of all time.

Jacinda Arden just won a second term in an absolute land-slide in New Zealand. This was well deserved given her outstanding performance. The idea Trump should be returned based on his performance, is risible.

Jacinda Arden would be destroyed in Ireland by the media for failing to combat the homelessness issues in NZ. Worst in the OECD

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

I think Trump is a moron, as is Giuliani, but these Hunter Biden emails stink.

If there are more damning email allegations to come and the story gets legs (though it seems to be swimming against the tide!), I think Trump could win this election.

Not because he will pick up votes from defecting Biden voters, but because enough people will be turned off voting altogether. These are more likely to have been Biden voters.

If I was an American voter, up to now I would have been planning on voting Biden only for the reason that he is not Trump.

At this stage I would simply not vote for either of them.

If Dems push the Russian disinformation angle ad nauseam over the next few weeks, it might even push me towards voting for Trump.

What did I tell you about not replying?

Confirmation bias is nothing to do with changing your mind. It's WHY you did it and WHY you trusted a source.

Tell me - do you check your sources? Did you verify the views in the youtube videos? If not, and you still believed it and pushed it - it's confirmation bias.

schmittel wrote: »
    I think Trump is a moron, as is Giuliani, but these Hunter Biden emails stink.

If there are more damning email allegations to come and the story gets legs (though it seems to be swimming against the tide!), I think Trump could win this election.

Not because he will pick up votes from defecting Biden voters, but because enough people will be turned off voting altogether. These are more likely to have been Biden voters.

If I was an American voter, up to now I would have been planning on voting Biden only for the reason that he is not Trump.

At this stage I would simply not vote for either of them.

If Dems push the Russian disinformation angle ad nauseam over the next few weeks, it might even push me towards voting for Trump.

That would appear to be one plan. It worked before - question is, will the electrate fall for it again? Especially with mail-in voting and polling stations open for a longer period of time. Also, Hunter Biden is not the one running for president.

Would have thought they would have pushed a lot more in the debates.

That would appear to be one plan. It worked before - question is, will the electrate fall for it again? Especially with mail-in voting and polling stations open for a longer period of time. Also, Hunter Biden is not the one running for president.

Would have thought they would have pushed a lot more in the debates.

Or will the Dems fall for it again?

i.e scream, it's not fair, those pesky Russians are trying to interfere with our election?

• Advertisement

Or will the Dems fall for it again?

i.e scream, it's not fair, those pesky Russians are trying to interfere with our election?

Thought you meant the dodgy emails? Clinton last time and now Hunter Biden?

As for the Russians getting involved, could very easily happen. We'll never know one way or other. The fake news in social media campaigns are going to be harder because the platforms are clamping down on it and people are more aware of it this time round.

As for the Russians getting involved, could very easily happen. We'll never know one way or other. The fake news in social media campaigns are going to be harder because the platforms are clamping down on it and people are more aware of it this time round.

Yes I am talking about the emails, but I think the bigger turn off is how the Dems react to them and try and claim that these emails are all part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

That might wash with some die hard Biden voters/Trump haters but I think it will alienate a large number of ordinary folk in the middle.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yes I am talking about the emails, but I think the bigger turn off is how the Dems react to them and try and claim that these emails are all part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

That might was with some die hard Biden voters/Trump haters but I think it will alienate a large number of ordinary folk in the middle.

‘Trump haters’.

So you’re one of those ‘they’re both bad, but Biden...’ types who posts in bad faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

A lot more than dodgy emails. 1000s of extreme photos and video footage and all verified to be from Hunter's laptop, and to be of Hunter, by Hunter's lawyer. And strong implication and likely evidence of influence of Joe Biden purchased. And the whole thing suppressed from publication by Twitter and Facebook.

That might wash with some die hard Biden voters/Trump haters but I think it will alienate a large number of ordinary folk in the middle.
    Firstly, Biden's attorney already denied the meeting happened which makes it far less credible. The FBI are also investigating the story as they view it as a potential disinformation campaign. Finally, Rudy has actively refused to give copies of the emails to publications. USA Today asked for copies to try to validate them, he refused. Refusing to provide copies of the original emails is a big red flag...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/17/fbi-probes-possible-russia-link-hunter-biden-data-trump-ally-giuliani/3661895001/

Faugheen wrote: »
    ‘Trump haters’.

So you’re one of those ‘they’re both bad, but Biden...’ types who posts in bad faith.

Eh? Why are my posts in bad faith?

Firstly, Biden's attorney already denied the meeting happened which makes it far less credible. The FBI are also investigating the story as they view it as a potential disinformation campaign. Finally, Rudy has actively refused to give copies of the emails to publications. USA Today asked for copies to try to validate them, he refused. Refusing to provide copies of the original emails is a big red flag...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/17/fbi-probes-possible-russia-link-hunter-biden-data-trump-ally-giuliani/3661895001/

Are you saying you think the emails have been fabricated?

Have there been any emails yet? I thought it was screenshots of text on a blue background in a pdf?

km991148 wrote: »
    Have there been any emails yet? I thought it was screenshots of text on a blue background in a pdf?

I think those are the text messages.

• Advertisement

I think those are the text messages.

Ye, they looked like random blobs of messenger style text, but that's not an email or even a text message.
    If expect all the metadata, timestamps etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement