Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not the first time either. You'd think that he would be a bit more skeptical after he got fooled by his diet of misinformation before.

It’s not about correctness it’s about spreading a convenient lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can you confirm for me the percentage of rioters/protesters who wore masks and compare it to the people who attend Trump rallies?

So you get to decide which massive gathering has the moral duty to show up and protest and who doesn't!!!

Seems fair!!!

No I can't confirm having not collated the data of all of the 30M plus people who have marched for BLM this year. What figures have you?

I'm not getting to decide anything, I'm expressing an opinion that one cause is worthy, and the other most definitely isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Tweet_2.11.16.JPG

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty.' Sure, it's the media spreading fear.

All these from the sitting President of the US.

You guys are a parody at this stage.

The irony from a president of a country founded by refugees and which reveres them.

cnocbui wrote: »
    The irony from a president of a country founded by refugees and which reveres them.

Irony left the room 4 years ago.

Melania's immigration path itself is dubious and she used her visa to allow her parents to then move to the US. All while Trump was complaining about chain-migration.

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm struggling to understand why one set of massive gatherings is perfectly ok and another set of massive gatherings is like spreading death.

No massive gatherings are ok under the current circumstances. A lot of the protesters wore masks but there's no way that it didn't add to the number of cases significantly. Not sure what's hard to understand.
    Where was all this covid pearl clutching back in May when BLM Protests/Riots erupted all over the world?

Nobody cared about the recklessness of those people.

More misrepresentation of past events to suit your narrative. Myself and numerous people on here talked about how the protests would contribute to cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »
    Anytime you crowd you increase risk. Outdoor air, masks, distancing mitigate risk. At least we can say of the protests the overwhelming majority of participants have worn masks and all events have been outdoors. Holding election rallies where people huddle and go maskless as some badge of honor is just dumb.

I suppose, thinking about it...if you are burning down someone's business, throwing bricks at cops or toppling statues you'd want to be wearing a mask alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I suppose, thinking about it...if you are burning down someone's business, throwing bricks at cops or toppling statues you'd want to be wearing a mask alright.

..or crowd surfing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

That photo of the Dems in the senate :pac: :pac:

For Pete's sake man!!!

Now you’re trying to go off your own topic. We are talking about spreading Covid.

Did you manage to pull those percentages you wanted?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    ..or crowd surfing. :D

Or to reduce the transmission of a deadly viral strain :pac: :pac: Ha ha, haha haha! Ah... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Comparing it with a Trump rally isn't really a like for like comparison. After the extra judicial killings by the police the black community were justified in taking to the streets imo. Not the burning and the looting but the protesting was understandable.

Trump absolutely has no justification for holding rallies at the moment. It's dangerous, unnecessary and foolish. Bidens campaign is doing pretty good without any rallies.

Now you’re trying to go off your own topic. We are talking about spreading Covid.

Did you manage to pull those percentages you wanted?

No I asked for someone to produce some evidence to back up a statement but they've done a runner it seems.

These were rare occurrences, as you know.
    Only 3.7 percent of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

There are still weekly marches and daily protests in many cities. In my city, all are wearing masks and you don't hear about them because they are entirely peaceful.

No I asked for someone to produce some evidence to back up a statement but they've done a runner it seems.

No it sounds like you want someone to make your counter argument for you.

Common knowledge here is that mask compliance is close to non existent at Trump rallies and the vast majority of protesters in America are masked up.

The guys are working on it:

Masks1.jpg

MadYaker wrote: »
    Comparing it with a Trump rally isn't really a like for like comparison. After the extra judicial killings by the police the black community were justified in taking to the streets imo. Not the burning and the looting but the protesting was understandable.

Trump absolutely has no justification for holding rallies at the moment. It's dangerous, unnecessary and foolish. Bidens campaign is doing pretty good without any rallies.

Now you said it...in your opinion. Not everyone share's your opinion and will act accordingly.

Your opinion is nothing more than an opinion, something everyone is entitled to!!!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    The guys are working on it:

Masks1.jpg

Well it's nice to see someone is taking me seriously!!!

Now you said it...in your opinion. Not everyone share's your opinion and will act accordingly.

Your opinion is nothing more than an opinion, something everyone is entitled to!!!

Uh yeah, wow, Gottem, user who says In My Opinion is sharing opinion. Never would have copped to that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I did a reverse image search first, the screenshot is from the Kavanaugh Hearings.

Apologies, a blue ticked account circulated it recently and so I presumed it was from the Amy hearing:

https://twitter.com/FreedomWorks/status/1316411814658310145

Apologies, a blue ticked account circulated it recently and so I presumed it was from the Amy hearing:

A Bluetick account with this Bio.

'FreedomWorks is one of America’s largest grassroots organizations advocating for less government.'

Is that what the world needs in the middle of a fcuking pandemic and active climate crisis?

• Advertisement

You said “just last week”

This tweet is from 3 days ago and doesn’t mention last week.

So where did you really get it from Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

This is what happens when critical thinking is unimportant to you.

Phoebas wrote: »
    This is what happens when critical thinking is unimportant to you.

Blue checkmarks on Twitter are here to do the critical thinking FOR you!

You said “just last week”

This tweet is from 3 days ago and doesn’t mention last week.

So where did you really get it from Pete.

LMAO :P The fcuking Amy hearings were last week. Don't think too hard, Overheal.

In other news, I see Biden has a new teleprompter the size of a small cinema:

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1317487930819121152

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Jaysus Pete - you're in no position to be telling people to not think too hard.

Thing is Pete, you regularly circulate claims and just assume they're true. Basically you share a load of disinformation and then when you're done, get caught out etc. You share some more disinformation. So it's not gonna make people the most trusting of what you post.

Name three.

Have to say, always find it laughable when the Russia-Collusion pushing users on Boards tell others they have posted misinformation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

LMAO :P The fcuking Amy hearings were last week. Don't think too hard, Overheal.

As my flamboyant friend Mike says.... Ohhhohhhh Jezzzez Christ

I love it this ie epic..

So this guy's going for the most powerful position in this part of the solar system and he's reading off a script....

I suppose the sjws and Liberal ultras will be tight lipped about this one..

As I'm reiterating I'm not a Trump supporter, but if this is the opposition...

Trump has already won

But no mention of Trumps teleprompters!

Stop politicising teleprompters :pac:

3d149d08-5ba9-47d3-90ce-a41805e5d88a.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=4995x3330&offset=0x0

• Advertisement

Name three.

Have to say, always find it laughable when the Russia-Collusion pushing users on Boards tell others they have posted misinformation.

The one you just posted, you also previously Biden campaign material that had pre pandemic images and claimed he was going around crowds without a mask. I'm guessing there's others. On top of that you've regularly done your post modernist interpretations of what Trump really meant when he makes statements..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement