Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

km991148 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people who voted Obama would be able to look at his entire presidency and call him out for things that went wrong.

I don't see that in a lot if Trump fans. Any slight criticism of Trump is like an attack on everyone.

These are (of course) generalisations, and I'm not sure it means cult like, but there is something very weird with that.

Ya there is truth in that...I'd be of the same opinion as you there, but I would add, try criticizing Biden, see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Ya there is truth in that...I'd be of the same opinion as you there, but I would add, try criticizing Biden, see how that goes.

I dunno, sure for some, but (and maybe it's my own bias*) but I see it a lot more in the Trump camp.

I guess it comes down to other factors.. the source of criticism for a start. A lot of current Biden criticism is mud slinging from Trump camp. Where as Trump has made a lot of very public gaffes (of course Dems will also want to exploit these at times) but it seems impossible to get some Trump fans to see them.

*My own bias = I don't really care about US republican Vs Democrats but I do strongly dislike Trump based on his personality type, especially when there is very deliberate attempt at deflection and division. This doesn't paint Biden as some kinda hero to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If I have done a 180 on the administration, how can I be accused of confirmation bias?

Weren't you the one who said polls meaning nothing because they favour Biden and that youtube views are far more accurate becaue they favour Trump...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Same poster also told me that the pandemic has been over since May so you might be wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    He's banned from the covid mask thread FYI!

I don't even try and get back into it, Trumps a hero he beat covid bad and you can too!!!
    There's no other man standing up to this world of fear that's been created by the media.

• Advertisement

I don't even try and get back into it, Trumps a hero he beat covid bad and you can too!!!
    There's no other man standing up to this world of fear that's been created by the media.

Didn;t he win the first election by creating a world of fear of immigrants?

km991148 wrote: »
    I dunno, sure for some, but (and maybe it's my own bias*) but I see it a lot more in the Trump camp.

I guess it comes down to other factors.. the source of criticism for a start. A lot of current Biden criticism is mud slinging from Trump camp. Where as Trump has made a lot of very public gaffes (of course Dems will also want to exploit these at times) but it seems impossible to get some Trump fans to see them.

*My own bias = I don't really care about US republican Vs Democrats but I do strongly dislike Trump based on his personality type, especially when there is very deliberate attempt at deflection and division. This doesn't paint Biden as some kinda hero to me.

This is where I would disagree with you...I think people believe that his gaffes aren't seen...where most get a kick out of his madness at this stage...his windmills speech was comedy gold for all the wrong reasons.

But you'd expect a novice politician to be completely unpolished and he doesn't disappoint....you'd like a more likeable character but he was the only only crazy enough to put himself through the process.

You would however expect the Democratic Party to produce a better option than Joe Biden...a proper has been who was rejected by the party membership for nomination on numerous occasions when he would have been in his physical prime.

It would have been interesting to see what Bernie Sanders could have achieved but he didn't get the nomination.

Weren't you the one who said polls meaning nothing because they favour Biden and that youtube views are far more accurate becaue they favour Trump...?

If you bothered to read my posts you'd be in a position to accurately surmise what I said, I said one indicator of which there are many many more...I don't have the same faith in polls in this country or any other for that matter because they have proven to be inaccurate now too many times...nor do I trust media outlets for similar reasons.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Same poster also told me that the pandemic has been over since May so you might be wasting your time.

Is it ok to attack the poster and not the post these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Race For The White House Is ‘Far Closer’ Than Some People Think, Biden Campaign Manager Warns
    In a tweet announcing Biden and Democrats raised a record $383 million in September for the Democratic nominee’s campaign, O'Malley Dillon cautioned supporters about becoming too comfortable.

“There is still a long way to go in this campaign,” O'Malley Dillon said, even as millions of ballots have already been cast.

The campaign manager then laid out a stark warning: “We think this race is far closer than folks on this website think,” she said, referring to an apparent consensus on Twitter that Biden was going to win, adding, “Like a lot closer.”

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement

If you bothered to read my posts you'd be in a position to accurately surmise what I said, I said one indicator of which there are many many more...I don't have the same faith in polls in this country or any other for that matter because they have proven to be inaccurate now too many times...nor do I trust media outlets for similar reasons.

And if you bothered to read mine, you'd notice that this, while true, doesn't actually challenge my point.

And if you bothered to read mine, you'd notice that this, while true, doesn't actually challenge my point.

What was your point...you misrepresented what I said, I corrected you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Ah the media.

Everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭3d4life

Lighten up folks ... doggie clip

https://twitter.com/i/status/1316806752558489602

It's ok he's allowed a free pass as i'm trying my best to kill his granny with my mentos breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Campaign managers always say this about every race when they are out in front. They don't want their activists or their supporters to get complacent and stay at home.

In local contests they might have polling data that no-one else has, but in this election there is a wealth of publicly available polling data for us all to see and analyse.

One factor that will concern them is not what the data is saying now, but the likelihood that the polls will tighten in the final stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

trump-tweet.jpg?w=1280

31907496-8623717-image-a-69_1597324421093.jpg

Tweet_2.11.16.JPG

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty.' Sure, it's the media spreading fear.

All these from the sitting President of the US.

You guys are a parody at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I see all the white supremacists at last night's Trump rally made Vernon Jones feel very unwelcome.

Vj.webp

I see all the white supremacists at last night's Trump rally made Vernon Jones feel very unwelcome.

I guess you'll no longer be arguing the Republicans are treating Covid seriously.

What was your point...you misrepresented what I said, I corrected you.

That you place mor weight in sources that tell you what you want to hear and not what you actually hear. I even gave you examples.

This, obviously, means that I am aware of the fact that there are many sources.

Good night!

• Advertisement

I guess you'll no longer be arguing the Republicans are treating Covid seriously.

See all the happy faces, you can't even see faces at a Biden rally....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

That is a truly bizarre photograph from Georgia.
    They must be completely blind both to the risk of Covid itself and also to the optics of senior politicians behaving like this in the middle of a pandemic that has taken over 220k American lives.

It does relate to their opposition to wearing masks during a global pandemic.
    Because Biden is being sensible and not creating potential outbreaks during a global pandemic? They're currently about to hit 220k deaths and the commander in chief simply doesn't care....

Thankfully. There's this thing called covid 19........

Trump still living in the early 1900's when the only way of spreading a message was in person rally's.

The fact that he is doing it in the middle of a pandemic is just making it irrefutable that he is incompetent and clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting. All the #IMPOTUS's carry-on about mail in balloting, fewer tGOP are voting early in this election in FL, than was true in 2016. Good job.

"The New York Times cited University of Florida political science professor Michael McDonald, who said that this is the first election in which Democrats are casting more early votes than Republicans.

“In Florida, he said, 11.5 percent of Democrats who requested absentee ballots have returned them, compared with 8.7 percent of Republicans,” the Times reported. “The same pattern emerges in another battleground state, North Carolina, where the return rate for Democratic ballots is 32.9 percent, and the return rate for Republicans is 27.4 percent.”"

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/trumps-vote-by-mail-conspiracy-theories-decimated-the-republican-partys-early-vote-lead-in-florida-report/

That you place mor weight in sources that tell you what you want to hear and not what you actually hear. I even gave you examples.

This, obviously, means that I am aware of the fact that there are many sources.

Good night!

I'm sorry you've completely lost me here....it's not easy to understand what you are saying.

You are aware that there are many more sources of what?

Never mind, have a good sleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Very responsible of him and them, I'm sure he'll think its all worth it if he catches covid and is struggling for breath.

What a bunch of idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Surely this is pre pandemic....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is Trump honestly still holding rallies with people all bunched together like that after everything that has happened? Insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump seems to be mentally preparing for his future abscond to Russia, says he may leave country if he loses.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-says-maybe-ll-leave-023417348.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement