Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seems it was an issue on the virtual networks on the three network so probably a bit unfair to blame 48

https://twitter.com/tescomobileire/status/1368606341649100800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Service returned for me at 4.37pm on Sunday 7th March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

DopeTech wrote: »
    Knock yourself out.

Gr8 to get the number of posts UP There

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Seems it was an issue on the virtual networks on the three network so probably a bit unfair to blame 48

https://twitter.com/tescomobileire/status/1368606341649100800

48 is three.

None the less, it falls under the category of "sh*t happens" not a big deal, a great value sim and I have really no problem with the service.

Some people losing their mind because they dont have access to Facebook for a few hours baffles me

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Is anyone using a 48 sim in a mobile router? And if so, can you recommend which router you're using?

Had a search through the thread, but not really getting anything back. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

hdl wrote: »
    Is anyone using a 48 sim in a mobile router? And if so, can you recommend which router you're using?

But did you use the search function?

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2058109572&query=router

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

hdl wrote: »

I have 2 of these in 2 different locations. Very good. Pretty much plug and play.
    I've had other GSM routers but I find these reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I sure did, thanks! I did get a lot of results that mention using a router, and problems with using it in a router, etc, but not names for actual routers that might work with a 48 sim. Sorry, I've never used a sim/router set up before, so wasn't sure if all routers are suitable or it needs to be a certain type, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

The TP Link Archer MR600 AC1200 works well on the 48 SIM and provides excellent WiFi coverage. I've seen download speeds of over 130Mb/s with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Lads father just joined this moving his number over from Eir but he's having a lot of trouble getting started.

He received his sim and i activated it online for him last week but when he starts his phone he keeps getting a message to say "sim card locked emergency calls only" even when putting in the correct pin? I just purchased the 10.99 membership for him half an hour ago assuming it was something to do with that but still saying the same message (but of course the payment might not have migrated over yet).

Anyone else see this? Once the membership is active will the sim be "unlocked"? Its hard trying to sort this for him over the phone he's not the most "tech savy"

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Lads father just joined this moving his number over from Eir

Sounds like the phone is network locked.

air wrote: »
    Sounds like the phone is network locked.

That was my first thought too even though i was sure it wasn't locked so i sent a request to Eir who came back on Monday saying this phone is not on their locked list. This is getting very confusing for an old man who hasn't a clue about phone and i'm trying to sort it remotely.

PS when i log into his my48 under his number it just says 0. Does that mean they may have messed up the number transfer? It doesn't help that i cant get in contact with 48 directly at all

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

jones wrote: »
    Lads father just joined this moving his number over from Eir but he's having a lot of trouble getting started.

He received his sim and i activated it online for him last week but when he starts his phone he keeps getting a message to say "sim card locked emergency calls only" even when putting in the correct pin? I just purchased the 10.99 membership for him half an hour ago assuming it was something to do with that but still saying the same message (but of course the payment might not have migrated over yet).

Anyone else see this? Once the membership is active will the sim be "unlocked"? Its hard trying to sort this for him over the phone he's not the most "tech savy"

You say you activated the sim card, did you actually port his number online? Or would he have put in the wrong pin code 3 times or more locking the sim card? He may have used the pin code he used with the eir sim and not the new pin code for 48.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    You say you activated the sim card, did you actually port his number online? Or would he have put in the wrong pin code 3 times or more locking the sim card? He may have used the pin code he used with the eir sim and not the new pin code for 48.

Yeah ported the number online that's why i was surprised the sim wasn't active by now. I then thought like the other poster said that somehow this phone was locked but eir are saying it isnt.

Ok just logged in to his 48 again and now his mobile number is showing under his profile whereas before it was just 0. ODD there is some movement though. I do fear the phone itself is locked despite what Eir are saying so going to get him to try it in another old phone so this will be a test of everyone patience haha.

Thanks for the help by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Sorry if it’s been asked before but does anyone know how to Activate voicemail. I’m using an iPhone.

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been asked before but does anyone know how to Activate voicemail. I’m using an iPhone.

Don't think the button works on 48. Just call 171, that works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Don't think the button works on 48. Just call 171, that works fine

Thanks. When someone rings and I don’t answer it doesn’t go to voicemail.

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Thanks. When someone rings and I don’t answer it doesn’t go to voicemail.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/How-do-I-use-my-Voicemail/ta-p/244

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭gussieg

just tried that and got an answer ' youre not allowed to call this number boop boop BOOOOP!'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try ringing your own number, press # as soon as you hear the greeting and take it from there - it may prompt you to set up your mailbox.

If that doesn't work, try doing the same thing but adding a 5 betweern the area code and the number first, e.g. 085 5 1234567.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Is there any way to add credit to use for international calls, I have gone through the Q+A section but cant seem to find an answer,

mgn wrote: »
    Is there any way to add credit to use for international calls, I have gone through the Q+A section but cant seem to find an answer,

My 48 -> My Profile-> Payment Details-> Add Credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Thanks for that.

Fails for me every time using the same saved payment details that are being used for auto renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone having issues with received One Time Password/Verification texts through 48 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Is anyone here using a 48 SIM in a router to access Netflix etc.

My TP link router is not connecting to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I'm moving from Three.ie to 48.ie. Got my SIM and have activated it, just waiting for my Three.ie phone number to be transferred to my 48.ie SIM. Looking good so far.

But one thing I'm puzzled about is payment. 48.ie never asked for any sort of payment, no bank details etc. Will they somehow be getting my bank details from Three.ie (which feels a very dodgy practice)? Or will I have to set up a payment sometime somehow?

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I'm moving from Three.ie to 48.ie. Got my SIM and have activated it, just waiting for my Three.ie phone number to be transferred to my 48.ie SIM. Looking good so far.

But one thing I'm puzzled about is payment. 48.ie never asked for any sort of payment, no bank details etc. Will they somehow be getting my bank details from Three.ie (which feels a very dodgy practice)? Or will I have to set up a payment sometime somehow?

48 isn't bill pay. But you can add your debit card to your account to have your monthly membership auto renew. You also need to use a card to top up credit for calls/charges outside your membership such as premium texts or international calls/texts
    100GB €10.99 Membership
    This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link https://48.ie/activate-sim) and purchase a 100GB membership from the 2nd February 2021 .

100GB of ROI data of which you may use a maximum of 10GB in EU/UK, subject to you having data allowance available when you travel. For example, if you use 96GB data in Ireland you will have a combined balance of 4GB remaining. Your EU/UK roaming allowance is now also effectively 4GB.

All minutes made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818, …) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. Fair Usage of 10,000 minutes applies.

All texts to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland and texts made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. Fair Usage of 10,000 texts applies.

Your membership call and text allowance applies only to:

Voice calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 ) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland
    Calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland
    Texts sent to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland.
    Texts sent while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. You may not otherwise use your Calls allowance to call landlines, directory enquiries, international numbers, premium rate numbers or while roaming. These calls and services will be charged at the applicable rate.
    You may not otherwise use your Text allowance to text to international numbers or while roaming or for sending or receiving premium texts. These texts and services will be charged at the applicable rate.

The inclusive mobile internet allowance has a Republic of Ireland allowance of which a smaller allowance can be used while roaming in the EU.

Where included, inclusive landline minutes can be used for calls to Irish landlines (geographic numbers) including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix and calls to non-geographic numbers (i.e. premium rate, 1890, 1850, 076 etc.).

Charges apply for all other calls and texts such as calls and texts to international numbers, roaming, and all other usage types (calls, texts and MMS). Click here for all other charges https://www.48.ie/charges/other-call-charges

Please note certain call types are restricted such as calls to select premium rate numbers.

Fair Use of 48 services: We want you to use our services as much as you need but unlimited or all you need does not mean unreasonable use. Click here https://www.48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#18 to read our fair use policy for 48 services.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

48 don’t allow premium texts afaik, but everything else that has been said it correct. You will need to purchase a membership before you can use your sim, obviously after your 7day 1GB trial. You will have an option to switch on auto renew which means your monthly membership of €10.99 will automatically be taken from you stored card details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

48 isn't bill pay. But you can add your debit card to your account to have your monthly membership auto renew. You also need to use a card to top up credit for calls/charges outside your membership such as premium texts or international calls/texts
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    48 don’t allow premium texts afaik, but everything else that has been said it correct. You will need to purchase a membership before you can use your sim, obviously after your 7day 1GB trial. You will have an option to switch on auto renew which means your monthly membership of €10.99 will automatically be taken from you stored card details.

Thank you both. I've set up the auto renew payment so that's all sorted now.

Advertisement