Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

pgj2015 wrote: »
    has anyone had problems getting missed calls when you turn your phone back on? i never get missed calls when I turn my phone back on, so dont know who has been calling me.

You sure it isn't a scammer ringing once then hanging up in an attempt to have you call back their premium phone line?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have a few older 48 sims if anyone wants them. They're recruit sims so you might even get a free month on them.
    The €7.99 plan will only be available on them if you activated them during the period of time the €7.99 plan offer was running. If you never activated them, it's too late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭pgj2015

basill wrote: »
    You sure it isn't a scammer ringing once then hanging up in an attempt to have you call back their premium phone line?

I would only call back numbers I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

pgj2015 wrote: »
    has anyone had problems getting missed calls when you turn your phone back on? i never get missed calls when I turn my phone back on, so dont know who has been calling me.

I've noticed strange numbers calling my phone from time to time even when my handset is on but the call ringer disconnecting promptly. In my own experience, the so called "missed calls" were frequently foreign as you get a 00 + international access code etc; (often from a country in Africa or perhaps further afield!) Please be careful NOT to dial the number back as it is most likely a scam caller. If you have added Other Credit (cash credit) separate to your "Monthly Membership" tariff you could be badly stung in lost credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

basill wrote: »

Most likely a scammer alright - in my experience of my number being dialled by an unknown party abroad and hanging up promptly and then dialling again later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If I get mystery missed calls I usually check the number via a duck*2 search and have on a couple occasions, solved the mystery.

http://www.scamphone.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

cnocbui wrote: »
    If I get mystery missed calls I usually check the number via a duck*2 search and have on a couple occasions, solved the mystery.

http://www.scamphone.co.uk/

What's duck*2 ?

Treppen wrote: »
    What's duck*2 ?

duckduckgo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Most likely a scammer alright - in my experience of my number being dialled by an unknown party abroad and hanging up promptly and then dialling again later!

scammer? I was saying, when I turn my phone back on, I don't get missed calls. if someone rang me 10 times while the phone was off, I wont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭beachhead

Quackster wrote: »
    The €7.99 plan will only be available on them if you activated them during the period of time the €7.99 plan offer was running. If you never activated them, it's too late now.

The charge is now 10.99e 48 chat won't revert charge to 7.99 for old sims.As stated it's when you activate the sim that counts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

beachhead wrote: »
    The charge is now 10.99e 48 chat won't revert charge to 7.99 for old sims.As stated it's when you activate the sim that counts.
    Yeah, that's what I said..?? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

need a new phone what are my pre pay options do i need to buy and unlock or do 48 work on three

cheers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not sure about 3, but 48 sims do work in Tesco locked handsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not sure about 3, but 48 sims do work in Tesco locked handsets.

have a 48 sim tryed it in a tesco locked handset its asking for a network unlock code ?

have a 48 sim tryed it in a tesco locked handset its asking for a network unlock code ?

Oh, my sister purchased a payg Tesco phone for her son for Christmas and we put a 48 sim into it, without any issue. I also tried a GoMo sim in it and it didn't accept that one, so it was definitely a locked handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Oh, my sister purchased a payg Tesco phone for her son for Christmas and we put a 48 sim into it, without any issue. I also tried a GoMo sim in it and it didn't accept that one, so it was definitely a locked handset.

this one is alcatel 1 handset that does not take an 48 sim locked to tesco mobile i don.t know if all hand sets are like that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

need a new phone what are my pre pay options do i need to buy and unlock or do 48 work on three

cheers

Buy an unlocked one on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

Has anyone compared 48 coverage versus gomo whilst roaming especially in Northern Ireland & UK? How is coverage in Spain and & in funny places like Cyprus near Turkish Northern Cyprus or Gibraltar/Monaco/Andorra/San Marino? And how well both networks work in Switzerland!

cjc0101 wrote: »
    Has anyone compared 48 coverage versus gomo whilst roaming especially in Northern Ireland & UK? How is coverage in Spain and & in funny places like Cyprus near Turkish Northern Cyprus or Gibraltar/Monaco/Andorra/San Marino? And how well both networks work in Switzerland!

There's a lockdown and fines for travelling.

cjc0101 wrote: »

All operators would have roaming agreements with particular operators in other countries, in GoMo case, it would be Eir negotiating these agreements so GoMo would e no different to what Eir have. I can only guess that 48 use the same network arrangements as what three would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

In case you're considering asking Tesco for the unlock code, I got mine after 3+ MONTHS! Very old Alcatel phone works with 48 while still locked, luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

cnocbui wrote: »
    There's a lockdown and fines for travelling.

Yawn, it would be great if the fear and loathing could be kept for the Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Got sent an update by 48 last night, and now it finally shows 48 as my network, and it also sorted a problem I didn't know I had with some messages not coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭orm0nd

vectra wrote: »
    Buy an unlocked one on adverts

+1

Plenty of options for purchasing. All our phones are sim free and sourced on line usually from the EU. Superior speck and usually cheaper.

air wrote: »
    Yawn, it would be great if the fear and loathing could be kept for the Covid forum.

I am not a supporter of lockdowns or restrictions.

Then why bring all that off topic BS into this thread!

Then why bring all that off topic BS into this thread!

Well because I was wondering why someone would be so concerned about the roaming aspects when people generally can't roam and may not be able to anytime this year.

Well wonder in the Covid forum then.
    There are myriad valid reasons for people to travel internationally today and every prospect of a return to unrestricted travel this year, even in this banana republic.

To cjc0101, the international calling rates from 48 are terrible, better to get a local SIM if you are spending significant time out of country and need to ring local lumbers(in country numbers there).

In Switzerland, Aldi have one of the best SIM only deals, it's available for sign up in store, 30 CHF a month for 20GB of data.
    I'm not sure any Irish network has a good roaming deal for Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 walmon1977

I'm not sure any Irish network has a good roaming deal for Switzerland.

Vodafone IE includes Switzerland in its free EU/Europe roaming deal
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/travelling-abroad.html#eu-roaming.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

€10 just eat voucher now on top of the free credit you get for referring your friends.

So how it works is: Once your friend buys their first membership, we’ll then apply the free credit* to both your accounts and you can use it to pay for your next membership. Then, you’ll get your €10 Just Eat gift card too. Simple!

Advertisement