Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,705 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Really slow data connection for the last few days, incredibly snail like. Cannot download anything, as it times out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

zell12 wrote: »
    Really slow data connection for the last few days, incredibly snail like. Cannot download anything, as it times out

Can't say I've noticed any difference in mine. Is it the same in multiple locations? Could be a bad mast near your home or something

Speedtest.net took 4 minutes to load,
    then
    No internet
    Try:
    Checking the network cables, modem, and router
    Reconnecting to Wi-Fi
    Running Connectivity Diagnostics
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If your phone has recently undergone an android update, that could have messed up your settings. You might want to check the access points settings, mine had been switched from data to mms and it was stopping me from having internet access.

No android update. Though thanks to your pointer,
    Did go to APN settings, found out mine is connected to tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com (was a TM user before) all this time, yet still works with 48.
    Will change it to 48months.liffeytelecom.com during the week

It's almost back to normal now. Three days of on/off crappy connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

zell12 wrote: »
    Mine is connected to tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com. Will change it to 48months.liffeytelecom.com.

Well spotted. Had sporadic complete loss of signal during the week. Is it just a matter of changing the name or are there any settings to be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cheers aswell, good spot

Anyone else's queued memberships gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So today I got a txt message saying I've run out of data when I was out and about. That's the first time I used up the 100GB. You'd think they'd send you a warning when your down to your last 1gb instead of leaving you high and dry.

And why did they send me a link in a txt message to top up online when you can't get online. 3 would allow you to access their website when you've no data left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

DopeTech wrote: »
    Anyone else's queued memberships gone?

Mine are still showing.

Mine are still showing.

Opened a ticket with them about mine. I can see the transactions but on the membership page they are gone.

Update: Just in case it happens to anyone else, mine have been reinstated after about 24 hours of raising a ticket. Fingers crossed it's just a once-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 connaugg

AllForIt wrote: »
    So today I got a txt message saying I've run out of data when I was out and about. That's the first time I used up the 100GB. You'd think they'd send you a warning when your down to your last 1gb instead of leaving you high and dry.

And why did they send me a link in a txt message to top up online when you can't get online. 3 would allow you to access their website when you've no data left.

Most phones allow you to set a data warning, e.g. @ 98 GB. In mine it's in Settings under "Network and Internet", "Mobile Data". You'll need to put in the date in the month your current membership expires.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

AllForIt wrote: »

Are you sure your membership just hadn’t run out, that’s the message they send when membership expire and aren’t automatically renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Doomofman wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with received One Time Password/Verification texts through 48 today?

I haven't been able to receive them for about a month. It works for some services like Revolut, but for other finance and social media apps, I get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I've received a few in the last 24 hours, no issues.
    Tried Revolut just now and it came straight through also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

magoo84 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to receive them for about a month. It works for some services like Revolut, but for other finance and social media apps, I get nothing.

I have been receiving passcodes by text from 3 seperate companies this week.Had data turned off when one was due.Thought it was slow arriving and turned on data-maybe coincidence but it came within seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Are you sure your membership just hadn’t run out, that’s the message they send when membership expire and aren’t automatically renewed

Had this happen to me.When I logged into 48 my membership had expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hi all,
    Quick question I need a sim for a second phone I’ll be using outside work hours. Is 48 the best value on the market? 10.99 for 100gb of 4g data plus unlimited calls and texts sounds good.
    Any issues with crappy speed or anything? I read that clear mobile download speed is approx 5mbps which I understand is crap.
    Are 48’s speeds better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Quick question I need a sim for a second phone I’ll be using outside work hours. Is 48 the best value on the market? 10.99 for 100gb of 4g data plus unlimited calls and texts sounds good.
    Any issues with crappy speed or anything? I read that clear mobile download speed is approx 5mbps which I understand is crap.
    Are 48’s speeds better?
    I've recorded 130Mb/s download and 30Mb/s upload on a 48 SIM. Your mileage may vary.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Are 48’s speeds better?

48 don't cap speeds, I get the same speeds as I do on 3 in the same locations. Speeds are generally good. Sometimes very good.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6878083204

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

Anyone have an issue with 48 where you randomly getting No service and need to restart or turn airplane mode on and back off ?

It’s an iPhone 7 in an area with good 4G 3-4 bar coverage most of the time.

Happened a few times usually in the morning the phone has no service.

Other family member don’t have this issue in the same house.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Cork981 wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with 48 where you randomly getting No service and need to restart or turn airplane mode on and back off ?

Happened my daughter yesterday, she has had 48 since Oct and thats the first time she has encountered it, she also has an iphone 7. My wife has an XS and I just asked her and she said she hasn't had the issues as far as she knows

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭tiegan

Not with 48 but I have this issue with tesco mobile (on the 3 network)

They were with Gomo and had absolutely no issues, Will need to move back or give clear mobile a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I changed over 2 phones from 3 mobile a few week back, all good no problems so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

yes happened to me and the missus a couple of times a week, but since I changed the APN settings to 48months.liffeytelecom.com its been perfect

check your APN as mine was set to tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes several times over recent weeks on an Android phone. Changed the apn to 48 but still getting the problem. I wonder are they just killing connections when the mast gets too congested?

Yes several times over recent weeks on an Android phone. Changed the apn to 48 but still getting the problem. I wonder are they just killing connections when the mast gets too congested?

I’ve an iPhone 12 in the same house on 48 with no issues, can’t figure it out. I tried 48 APN, unfortunately didn’t fix it.

I’ve updated to the latest beta version of iOS 14.5 which updated the modem firmware and carrier file to 46.0.

Hoping this will solve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Was about to switch my wife’s phone to 48, had given Three my 30 days notice to leave. They have now given me there Simo deal for a tenner a month for a year with no contract so stayed with them.

Advertisement