Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Quackster wrote: »
    No, it's on a calendar month basis.

If you bought a membership in February, it lasts 28 days. If you buy one this month, it lasts 31 days. Etc...

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭gussieg

but that doesnt make sense as the month doesnt necessarily start on the first of the calendar month!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It doesn't matter - from the 5th February to the 5th March, for example, is still 28 days because February only has 28 days. No matter what the date is, if a calendar month has a February date in it, there will only be 28 days in that calendar month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Your also paying for a month less by paying by calendar month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

RoYoBo wrote: »
    It doesn't matter - from the 5th February to the 5th March, for example, is still 28 days because February only has 28 days. No matter what the date is, if a calendar month has a February date in it, there will only be 28 days in that calendar month.

Except when there are 29 and some people get to celebrate their birthdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Anyone getting random coverage drops last few days in particular, only seems to be after 9pm

trying to activate a sim for a family member , 48 symbol is just doing its spinning thing, not activating...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gussieg wrote: »
    trying to activate a sim for a family member , 48 symbol is just doing its spinning thing, not activating...

Try the website instead of the app

yes , on the website, now says activation in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭funnyname

is it possible to add 48 credit as a form of payment to google pay?

• Advertisement

funnyname wrote: »
    is it possible to add 48 credit as a form of payment to google pay?

No, only Vodafone and 3 support carrier billing.

You could buy some memberships with it and they will queue up. Then with the money saved you could spend that on other things.

Data seems to be down on 48 at the moment. Is this the same for everyone? Down detector is showing eir, three and tesco all having issues so may not be necessarily a network specific issue although my 3 sim is working ok. Have noticed my fixed line internet from eir has dropped internet over the past few days a few times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭beachhead

Gone for here too.At least an hour so far.But that's ok cuz 48 is a great company.A month's free rental offered when service is back!

Tesco,Eir ok.No comment on 3.Eir drops regularly late at night(after 11.30pm guaranteed)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mine, too.
    Tesco Mobile is showing as having problems, though: (96% of reports for mobile internet), which would explain it.
    https://downdetector.ie/status/tesco-mobile/

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Data down for me too .. Lucan area

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 463 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Down for me also. In Naas

Still out-Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Out in Cork City also

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Down in Galway also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

vodafone all the way:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GoMo is fine. So is 48, most of the time. Vodafone are the pits, both for service and for charges.

vodafone all the way:)

Yeah because they never have outages. Reality is all networks have outages every now and again.

Something's up - Three is showing as having problems, too.

https://downdetector.ie/status/3/news/373074-problems-at-3-three/

All the networks in Ireland are brill and soo cheap.I will now sign up to every one of them so as not to miss out on ANY thing

beachhead wrote: »
    All the networks in Ireland are brill and soo cheap.I will now sign up to every one of them so as not to miss out on ANY thing

Knock yourself out.

been down for a good half hour or so and was spotty before that , and last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Down for me in North Tipp, Gomo working though. Not a big issue, first time I can recall since I switched that 48 has had any problems.

On my phone it's now saying 4g (it was saying "no internet" earlier), but there's only the little arrow up showing, not the arrow down, and the internet is still not working. Work in progress, I think.

• Advertisement

Back for me now

Advertisement