Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I was gathering the right people for a meeting this morning and once i sent the invite i had a look at twitter and there was a thread about "how to ensure you have the right people at your meetings" which i felt was worth a read, as i required a wide rage of skills ....

turns out i should have invite a woman, a minority group and a person of colour.....

there was me looking at skillsets only!

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

Omackeral wrote: »
    Pronouns on a bio are a phenomenal indicator of an absolute dope.

Hasn't happened to me (yet) but I've heard of people getting CVs with the candidates pronouns on it

Great filter, I wouldn't even read the CV further, let alone waste time interviewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

.anon. wrote: »
    Interesting language there, implying that mental health problems are something shameful that a person might 'tacitly admit' to.

Think I've just been out-woked .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Think I've just been out-woked .

Oh, is thinking mental health problems aren't something to be ashamed of 'woke' now too? Attitudes like yours are one of the reasons why so many men in this country end up killing themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was gathering the right people for a meeting this morning and once i sent the invite i had a look at twitter and there was a thread about "how to ensure you have the right people at your meetings" which i felt was worth a read, as i required a wide rage of skills ....

turns out i should have invite a woman, a minority group and a person of colour.....

When you read the clickbait article or Twitter thread you’re supporting and encouraging said clickbait. All these ‘woke’ campaigners and those who oppose who oppose ‘wokism’ are all just as bad as each other, attention seeking behaviour that panders to their in groups expectations.

People wouldn’t post these articles if nobody read them, and judging by the comments under most of these articles, at least half of the readers are people who click them just do they can be outraged

Some PR person gets to report increased engagement in social media and their next thread will be even dumber in the hope of even more engagement

Not to mention the fact that clicking on these links trains the algorithms to show you more of that type of content so you’re going to see it more as more and get madder and madder thinking that the whole internet is being taken over by the kinds of people

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Oh how very quaint! Is that what they used to do in the olden days, like 2010?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Akrasia wrote: »
    When you read the clickbait article or Twitter thread you’re supporting and encouraging said clickbait. All these ‘woke’ campaigners and those who oppose who oppose ‘wokism’ are all just as bad as each other, attention seeking behaviour that panders to their in groups expectations.

People wouldn’t post these articles if nobody read them, and judging by the comments under most of these articles, at least half of the readers are people who click them just do they can be outraged

Some PR person gets to report increased engagement in social media and their next thread will be even dumber in the hope of even more engagement

Not to mention the fact that clicking on these links trains the algorithms to show you more of that type of content so you’re going to see it more as more and get madder and madder thinking that the whole internet is being taken over by the kinds of people

Most people just don't get the internet.

Outrage is an industry, and its killing us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

griffin100 wrote: »

That could actually read as a warning: ' Be careful of going to university '

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

CarProblem wrote: »
    Hasn't happened to me (yet) but I've heard of people getting CVs with the candidates pronouns on it

Great filter, I wouldn't even read the CV further, let alone waste time interviewing

In work, we've been asked to put them on our work profile(like an internal linked in) and to include them in our email signature. . . . . Im going to get my employee number tattooed on my forehead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

In work, we've been asked to put them on our work profile(like an internal linked in) and to include them in our email signature. . . . . Im going to get my employee number tattooed on my forehead.

Asked to or required to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Asked to or required to?

Is there a difference???

I know my place are a hair’s breadth away from “asking” us to do this and I’ll be refusing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:pac: Christ she's worth the read for the laughs.

EG
    You might be surprised to see how topics once considered as 'women’s issues’ are, on closer inspection, everyone’s issues. For example, men are becoming more aware of what it is like to be valued and evaluated on their appearance. 85% of patients of hair restoration procedures in 2020 were men according to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery,

Just maybe the fact it's called male pattern baldness* could just be a clue there petal? In other news the vast majority of people who go for breast enlargements are women! :eek: :D

And if you want further lulz:

From RTÉ 2fm's Chris & Ciara Show, podcaster and author Blindboy from the Rubberbandits on feminism in Ireland and teaching men to listen to women and how to do it. Yep, blindboy, a one trick pony with an eejit in the saddle desperately looking for something after the placcy bag antics.

and

Alan Ali from MÄN, an organization dedicated to promoting equality, on male-only feminist dinners

Well they're going to be the craic. Turkey only Christmas dinners. :D Can you imagine the simps that would sign up for that? Jaysus. Men! Why you're wrong and to blame and why you should be guilty! I suppose the daft pendulum has swung from chauvinism to the other way.

Note also how gender is a social construct, yet at the same time we're also told it's innate, depending on the source.

*it can certainly affect women too, but fewer of them and at older ages.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I'm not going to hold my breath for the follow up article "How to teach your Children about Masculinity"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Len_007 wrote: »
    I'm not going to hold my breath for the follow up article "How to teach your Children about Masculinity"
    It's toxic. End lesson. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Probably showing myself as a big conservative bastard here but the whole idea of "identity" is somewhat natural, but the levels to which it's taken now is insane. It pretty much follows IMO from the obsessive insistence that everyone is special. Everyone is one-of-a-kind, unique, amazing, should have their voices heard. All the nonsense. At the end of the day a majority of people shouldn't have their voices heard on the same level as the people who should have their voices heard.

A good example is the Covid nonsense happening now. My mother said something along the lines of "Yeah but all the scientists seem to be saying the same thing, it's like they're being told what to say.". Well, that or there's the fact that there's only so many ways to say what day of the week it is if you're interested in accuracy. If you're not then you can talk about the weather, the colour of the top you're wearing, whether or not you like elephants, the list is pretty much endless.

Now everyone is told they're as important as the next person. Someone who has **** all going on starts wondering what their role is in the world. Odds are they're a pleb that could be replaced by one of millions of other people. But instead they can go on the internet and find something to relate to whatever feeling of unease they may be feeling and they can align with that group. The hilarious thing with the "gender identity" stuff is that the similarities with religion don't just go as far as having sacred texts; the texts and theories aren't even internally consistent. Outsiders are told they just "don't understand" and need to "educate themselves". Reading up and disagreeing means you still don't get it, much like the church.
    (This extends to the softer sciences and even art. The amount of sheer nonsense accepted over the years in psychology and lack of scientific rigour has left it open to any old nonsense being peddled as science. Most modern Art is basically Performance Art, convincing people that it's something it isn't.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Is there a difference???

I know my place are a hair’s breadth away from “asking” us to do this and I’ll be refusing.

Put "me, myself and I" if you must.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Wibbs wrote: »
    :pac:

Alan Ali from MÄN, an organization dedicated to promoting equality, on male-only feminist dinners

What's this about, should men only eat hen turkeys, and the ladies are left chewing the cocks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Preety sure you could cove all these with one person!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Just heard the request that students wear appropriate clothing referred to as 'toxic masculinity' on the news there... not sure that's exactly the right term to use, ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just maybe the fact it's called male pattern baldness* could just be a clue there petal?

Did you just assume their taxonomic kingdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

If you are a tool, most people won't want to be in your gang.

The loudly woke just push people to the right.

Just heard the request that students wear appropriate clothing referred to as 'toxic masculinity' on the news there... not sure that's exactly the right term to use, ....

I'm pretty sure 95% of the usage of toxic masculinity is inaccurate. After all, it's used by people who need vague statements to cover up their own lack of scientific/statistical expertise, or seek to justify their own form of sexism/misandry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

6w7tov11y6161.jpg

Sorry I can't see her name mentioned and not link this.

https://i.redd.it/lj8z5c6dow911.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Sorry I can't see her name mentioned and not link this.

https://i.redd.it/lj8z5c6dow911.png
    The state of gaming nowadays because of that idiot and all due to her chasing the dollar, so glad the Cyberpunk deves ignored her offer for "consultancy"

Rhis whole woke nonsense is all about money, hollywood, multinationals all in on the game to increase their captive audiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Oh no. Jordan Peterson, arch-nemesis of the woke left, has a new book slated for publication next spring. This must be stopped!
    Several Penguin Random House Canada employees confronted management about the company’s decision to publish a new book by controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson at an emotional town hall Monday, and dozens more have filed anonymous complaints, according to four workers who spoke to VICE World News.

[...]

Four Penguin Random House Canada employees, who did not want to be named due to concerns over their employment, said the company held a town hall about the book Monday, during which executives defended the decision to publish Peterson while employees cited their concerns about platforming someone who is popular in far-right circles.

“He is an icon of hate speech and transphobia and the fact that he’s an icon of white supremacy, regardless of the content of his book, I’m not proud to work for a company that publishes him,” a junior employee who is a member of the LGBTQ community and who attended the town hall told VICE World News.

Another employee said “people were crying in the meeting about how Jordan Peterson has affected their lives.” They said one co-worker discussed how Peterson had radicalized their father and another talked about how publishing the book will negatively affect their non-binary friend.

“The company since June has been doing all these anti-racist and allyship things and them publishing Peterson’s book completely goes against this. It just makes all of their previous efforts seem completely performative,” the employee added.

Tearful woke staff now get to attend town-hall meetings and object to the books their employer plans to publish? This sets a dangerous precedent ... a slippery slope to rampant censorship.

“He is an icon of hate speech and transphobia and the fact that he’s an icon of white supremacy, regardless of the content of his book, I’m not proud to work for a company that publishes him,” a junior employee who is a member of the LGBTQ community and who attended the town hall told VICE World News.

So nutty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Cordell

He's a frail and troubled man, and still he makes them cry by simply writing a book. They need to get help, now.
    The kind of help that will make them man up, if still available anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

These people do not support free speech.

Maybe they need to seek employment elsewhere.
    McDonald's always need staff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement