Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

abarkie wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but was that the race against one of John Hales and David Johnsons - well chief I think

That was some race

Sorry for the reception . the wind was bad that they.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rumours altior out of tingle creek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Rumours altior out of tingle creek

Confirmed, Henderson is an absolute crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭del roy

STAR WITHDRAWAL Shock as Tingle Creek favourite Altior is ruled out of Sandown return

Nicky Henderson's star chaser Altior has been ruled out of his planned comeback in the Betfair Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown on Saturday as a result of the ground conditions.

Speaking on Friday night, Henderson said: "It is with a heavy heart we have decided that Altior is not going to run. We simply don't want to bottom him again given what happened last year."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just hearing from my mole that Altior is out. Mum's the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nice performance all mankind

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Nice performance all mankind

It was and I am doing some mild pocket talk here because I just blew a tenner on Eldorado Allen.

I said before the race that a 4 year old hasn't won it, not in my memory and having said that the first three home had the 4 year old allowance of 7lbs.

It is worth noting that anything that goes to the Arkle will no longer get that, so they will all have to run with an extra half stone on their backs in 4 weeks.

So whilst Allmankind looked impressive and has a nice future I would note that for the future, he got a half stone off horses that he won't in 4 weeks time.

EDIT - its 6lbs so just under a half stone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It was and I am doing some mild pocket talk here because I just blew a tenner on Eldorado Allen.

I said before the race that a 4 year old hasn't won it, not in my memory and having said that the first three home had the 4 year old allowance of 7lbs.

It is worth noting that anything that goes to the Arkle will no longer get that, so they will all have to run with an extra half stone on their backs in 4 weeks.

So whilst Allmankind looked impressive and has a nice future I would note that for the future, he got a half stone off horses that he won't in 4 weeks time.

I'm done with tizzard.

Shishkin wont lose any sleep either I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

akelly02 wrote: »
    I'm done with tizzard.

Same, I'll keep my TBB and LIT slips but Jesus Christ he's been rotten with 12+ months now.

Allmankind should give Shishkin a lovely tow to the final few fences.

EDIT - its 6lbs so just under a half stone

He was only getting 6lbs off the fourth and fifth, both of whom he beat more than comfortably, very impressive performance.

• Advertisement

I'm done with tizzard.

I can't argue.

Native River at Aintree, get on , it just wins:P

Fair play to Roger, some dude.

I never knew he handled horses tbh.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Same, I'll keep my TBB and LIT slips but Jesus Christ he's been rotten with 12+ months now.

Allmankind should give Shishkin a lovely tow to the final few fences.

Correct.

I'm sure Mullins will send a good one to the arkle. Wont be a cakewalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Shark Hanlon has gotten some tune out of Skyace after getting her from Willie Mullins. This season she has won at 15/2, 10/1, 66/1 and today 28/1. Unbelieveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

where has this myth that shishkin is some sort of speedball come from? he was outpaced for large parts of the supreme before staying on on bad ground

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    where has this myth that shishkin is some sort of speedball come from? he was outpaced for large parts of the supreme before staying on on bad ground

hes fast .

have you seen his novice hurdles beforehand?

you will see how quick he is on dec 27th hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

hes fast .

have you seen his novice hurdles beforehand?

you will see how quick he is on dec 27th hopefully

the write up for shishkin and abacadabras is nearly word for word the same in the supreme and we all seen what aspire tower did to him , shishkin may be good but he is not the next altior

Exactly, and ran over 2m3f the race before that. He would be going in the Marsh only for Envoi. The bare form of the Supreme is muddied to say the least with all that happened. 6/4 is a criminal price never mind 6/5 which he is in places. He debut was visually impressive but what did he actually beat? A horse rated a stone and a half inferrior and being schooled!

the write up for shishkin and abacadabras is nearly word for word the same in the supreme and we all seen what aspire tower did to him , shishkin may be good but he is not the next altior

who is saying hes the next altior??

all im saying is the arkle looks like its his to lose

I would be more worried about the general form of the Henderson yard, he looks ruffled, he needs to get back on the brandy.

Champ not seen yet either, talking about Leopardstown I would have hoped to see him out for the Hennessy at Newbury. They said he had a wind op but these good ones need runs, especially stayers.

• Advertisement

who is saying hes the next altior??

He is being priced as if he is. 6/5 over 3 months away and we haven't even seen half of his potential rivals yet. I am struggling to think of a worse value fav right now. How is he shorter for the Arkle than Envoi is for the Marsh?

I would be more worried about the general form of the Henderson yard, he looks ruffled, he needs to get back on the brandy.

Champ not seen yet either, talking about Leopardstown I would have hoped to see him out for the Hennessy at Newbury. They said he had a wind op but these good ones need runs, especially stayers.

champ going lexus

shishkin and epatante didnt need runs, chantry house maybe did. now i know they are not stayers

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He is being priced as if he is. 6/5 over 3 months away and we haven't even seen half of his potential rivals yet. I am struggling to think of a worse value fav right now. How is he shorter for the Arkle than Envoi is for the Marsh?

lack of opposition

champ going lexus

shishkin and epatante didnt need runs, chantry house maybe did. now i know they are not stayers

If he goes Lexus he has to be backed for it. JP wouldn't be bringing him over to see what his shight smells like. Nice long run in Leopardstown it suits dodgy jumpers who can keep in touch. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against Delta Work.

If he goes Lexus he has to be backed for it. JP wouldn't be bringing him over to see what his shight smells like. Nice long run in Leopardstown it suits dodgy jumpers who can keep in touch. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against Delta Work.

your right , he is a dodgy jumper....could get away with it alright .

looks like a good race

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

The Marsh/JLT is just another excuse for decent novices to dodge each other. In the old days, Envoi Allen and Shishkin would probably be in line to clash with each other in the Arkle. Now they can take different routes. Not blaming connections as the alternatives are there to be taken advantage of, but from a purist's point of view these relatively new races are contradicting the very point of the Cheltenham Festival.

Here here, that Marsh Plate is nothing but a handy cop out. A nothing race for horses that can't get 3 miles and are too slow for 2.

moores are drooling over goshen running this weekend

i hope he runs and this hype can end once and for all

but the chances are he will not scope well and be pulled again , you heard it here first !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Here here, that Marsh Plate is nothing but a handy cop out. A nothing race for horses that can't get 3 miles and are too slow for 2.

I have no doubt that Envoi Allen would be well capable of taking on Shishkin over 2 miles. He'd also be capable of taking on the likes of Monkfish over 3 miles. The Marsh just gives them an excuse to dodge good opposition. Again, not blaming Gordon Elliot or Cheveley Park, but considering there's been plenty of debate over NH horses dodging each other during the course of the season, it also happens during the so-called "Olympics" of National Hunt racing at the Festival.

• Advertisement

You can see where all the value has gone for punters also. 15 years ago both novice chases would have a heap of contenders. Now the 3 best ones get to pick which one they would like to run in, sure half the time they could be from the same yard.

Most small trainers don't even bother, they are looking to get one thrown in at Stratford, they watch the rest on the tellly and don't have to deal with the crowds. They can take the barge back up to town after. Cute enough.

Advertisement