Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I see Forged in Fire is entered in Navan on Saturday.

Rachel Blackmore booked. 12.33 Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

cant wait to see the black aeroplane tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The John Durkan looks a cracker sunday

akelly02 wrote: »
    cant wait to see the black aeroplane tomorrow.

Will be the first 10 year old to win it since Moscow Flyer, I will end up having a lay because I can't separate the rest and I just think it will take some doing first time back in Grade 1 after being nearly retired. Hasn't won a Grade 1 in 20 months, I have to follow my head and lay it.

I wouldn't mind if it was a tap in , but it looks like a hot race.

The Mig wrote: »
    The John Durkan looks a cracker sunday

Judgement day for Samcro.

I was hoping Fakir D'Oudaires turned up , great to see Le Richebourg back.33 to bleedin 1, I am having a fiver there.

• Advertisement

Will be the first 10 year old to win it since Moscow Flyer, I will end up having a lay because I can't separate the rest and I just think it will take some doing first time back in Grade 1 after being nearly retired. Hasn't won a Grade 1 in 20 months, I have to follow my head and lay it.

I wouldn't mind if it was a tap in , but it looks like a hot race.

game of opinions i guess!!

nearly retired, hardly!

he hasnt won a g1 in 20 months, because he hasnt ran in one!!

and politologue, greanateen and rouge rif??? thats tap in material for me .

politilogue he has beaten 3 or 4 times before , greanateen must improve at least a stone , rouge rif isnt the first cousin of a grade 1 animal, especially on this ground .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

greanateen must improve at least a stone , rouge rif isnt the first cousin of a grade 1 animal, especially on this ground .

Greaneteen improved from 132OR to 158OR last season as a novice, so as a second season chaser under the care of Nicholls he is most certainly capable of improving the necessary amount, realistically Altior is not going to run to anything close to mid 170's. Mid 160's be more than enough to win this, so Greaneteen improve 7lbs and Altior to run 7lbs below his current mark - doesn't sound too unrealistic to me.

Agree with Rogue Vif and the ground, wouldn't surprise me to see him pulled.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Greaneteen improved from 132OR to 158OR last season as a novice, so as a second season chaser under the care of Nicholls he is most certainly capable of improving the necessary amount, realistically Altior is not going to run to anything close to mid 170's. Mid 160's be more than enough to win this, so Greaneteen improve 7lbs and Altior to run 7lbs below his current mark - doesn't sound too unrealistic to me.

Agree with Rogue Vif and the ground, wouldn't surprise me to see him pulled.

agree with most of that , but its a lot of ifs and buts

grreanateen scraped home to beat a nothing horse the last day. he really will have to sprout wings to find the necessary improvement

agree with most of that , but its a lot of ifs and buts

grreanateen scraped home to beat a nothing horse the last day. he really will have to sprout wings to find the necessary improvement

Yeah the race is full of ifs and buts to be honest, I have taken the 14s on Altior to do the double but outside of that I will gladly just watch as a learning exercise!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Judgement day for Samcro.

I was hoping Fakir D'Oudaires turned up , great to see Le Richebourg back.33 to bleedin 1, I am having a fiver there.

Hope he gets bet as it means they'll send him over 3 miles finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The big breakaway disappointing at Exeter today

Coneygree wrote: »
    Hope he gets bet as it means they'll send him over 3 miles finally.

I can't work it out at all, it looks a great race.

I don't think Samcro stays ( 3 miles ) tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

haha all the clowns championing the big breakaway ye were told

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    haha all the clowns championing the big breakaway ye were told

A three horse race over 2m3f was not going to tell us anything about him, all we learned today is that it will definitely be the RSA and he has a lot to learn.

A three horse race over 2m3f was not going to tell us anything about him, all we learned today is that it will definitely be the RSA and he has a lot to learn.

What i learned from that is dont back a tizzy horse over xmas or you deserve to lose your money

wouldnt train ivy up a wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

aye cause an rsa winner in waiting would lose to that ginnit over any trip , give over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah I'd rarely back a Tizzard animal unless I see money for it. Power riding them makes them even less appealing.

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    aye cause an rsa winner in waiting would lose to that ginnit over any trip , give over

When did you tell us? Or how many accounts do you have???

What i learned from that is dont back a tizzy horse over xmas or you deserve to lose your money

wouldnt train ivy up a wall

Not untrue, but I reckon Eldorado Allen is decent.

Thing is that he had 2 winners yesterday, but his overall form has been poor.

I think the trip was clearly the issue today.

The biggest indicator for me of a stable out of form is when they can't buy a winner and in particular when their good ones are running shockers. I am still not sure there, it may well be that the young fella hasn't a clue?

I couldn't stop anyone backing Eldorado Allen all the same, given overall stable form they are either ripping the piss early season, for a big late season, or they are having a nightmare and Eldorado Allen is a monster who cannot lose a race. If the later is true he looks a seriously good horse.

Tizzard horses seem to have been off for nearly 12 months now! Always came across as this gormless country bumpkin type, but then was banging in Graded winners left right and center, looks like he has returned to the mean.

• Advertisement

Not untrue, but I reckon Eldorado Allen is decent.

Thing is that he had 2 winners yesterday, but his overall form has been poor.

I think the trip was clearly the issue today.

The biggest indicator for me of a stable out of form is when they can't buy a winner and in particular when their good ones are running shockers. I am still not sure there, it may well be that the young fella hasn't a clue?

I couldn't stop anyone backing Eldorado Allen all the same, given overall stable form they are either ripping the piss early season, for a big late season, or they are having a nightmare and Eldorado Allen is a monster who cannot lose a race. If the later is true he looks a seriously good horse.

i also like eldorado allen , but tizzard putting me off

apparantly lostintranslation was very straight for his re-appearance, we all know how that went

joker

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Townend going to Cork to ride CPS instead of riding in the Grade 1 John Durkan? Surely a pointer to avoid the Mullins horses?

Disappointing from TBB but what in the name of God was Tizzard thinking sending him over 2.3 after starting him over 3 a few weeks back. Tizzard must be making poitín in the cattle troughs and drinking it by the bottle the last 12 months. Regardless you'd feel a great horse would have won today regardless.

Will hold onto the docket but he looks a big dopey ride, hard enough to manage. Still keeping faith for his second year chasing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Townend going to Cork to ride CPS instead of riding in the Grade 1 John Durkan? Surely a pointer to avoid the Mullins horses?

I think it speaks more to him wanting to ride CPS. Exciting horse.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    I think it speaks more to him wanting to ride CPS. Exciting horse.

he would want to be walking it on sunday to have a serious chance in the champion chase

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

he would want to be walking it on sunday to have a serious chance in the champion chase

I wouldn’t trust any of Willies first time out. But he should have too much class. I’d say they are hoping for an easy race so he can run again at Xmas and min run at February at Dublin festival. They won’t want the slog between the two again.

Even without CPS, the Durkan looks a better race than the Ryanair will be in March. I'd imagine one or two more will drop out though.

Samcro and Allaho are the two I'm most interested in. Allaho is my big early dart for the Ryanair and although I don't expect him to win FTO I'm hoping for a good showing.

For Samcro either hack up or else bottom out and cry out for further. From the sound of O'Leary this week he might be aimed at the Lexus at Christmas regardless.

i also like eldorado allen , but tizzard putting me off

apparantly lostintranslation was very straight for his re-appearance, we all know how that went

joker

It is head scratching.

The biggie for me is that novice chase at Sandown tomorrow is not a good one for favs and interestingly no 4 year old winner that I remember? I would not be sold on Allmankind. Eldorado Allen keeps taking names, Queil Destin, Fusil Raffles, Stormy Island , Zamza ( won since ). I think he is the answer, despite the iffy trainer form. I won't be going in heavy either, throw him in a few yankees and a small bet for an interest. In fact I couldn't stop anyone throwing Darts at any of the 5 year olds, given the stats. But Eldorado Allen for me.

It is head scratching.

The biggie for me is that novice chase at Sandown tomorrow is not a good one for favs and interestingly no 4 year old winner that I remember? I would not be sold on Allmankind. Eldorado Allen keeps taking names, Queil Destin, Fusil Raffles, Stormy Island , Zamza ( won since ). I think he is the answer, despite the iffy trainer form. I won't be going in heavy either, throw him in a few yankees and a small bet for an interest. In fact I couldn't stop anyone throwing Darts at any of the 5 year olds, given the stats. But Eldorado Allen for me.

No bet ,but if I had to choose I'd go with Eldorado aswell . I think Allmankind will fall in a hole after the pond fence after setting off too hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Will be the first 10 year old to win it since Moscow Flyer

A bit off topic, but was that the race against one of John Hales and David Johnsons - well chief I think

That was some race

Advertisement