Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not all heroes wear capes, radiotrickster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Posy wrote: »
    Not all heroes wear capes, radiotrickster.

Mmmmm heroes....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

tscul32 wrote: »
    Mmmmm heroes....

Husband arrived back yesterday evening from what was supposed to be a quick trip to the pet shop with these....me thinks he took a little detour. Needless to say they were devoured :D I thought they might have been my favourite tub but I think celebrations might just tip it...even over quality street..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

SarahLil wrote: »

Did a big order for OH Sunday from the team he supports and no notice of dispatch yet, I am not panicking as I dealt with them before when I got no confirmation and they were very professional and the goods arrived but nearly 5 working days after I thought I would have heard something

Got notification of my order for Himself :)

I've 2 things left to get him online so might order that tonight or the weekend, then its just aftershave I'll wait for discount in Boots and earn the points :D

Great buys Freshpopcorn they look great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Great buys Freshpopcorn they look great

Thanks €6 each. The Santa one was sold out.

Thanks €6 each. The Santa one was sold out.

Wow great price what a bargain, I miss the days of rambling into Dealz :)
    Are the decorations staying out now Freshpopcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wow great price what a bargain, I miss the days of rambling into Dealz :)
    Are the decorations staying out now Freshpopcorn?

I went to Dealz this morning before work to check was Santa in and he wasn't popped in this afternoon for a drink and he was back in stock. I've all three now.
    Decorations aren't up yet because we're need to paint, etc yet. Just got into bed now after having great fun putting flat pack furniture together.
    125147671_2797757430546860_3474314112705796270_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=wg5nNDwaJnYAX-dAqMA&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6c75437593eff9aac7ab60ccb1857d59&oe=5FD40D71

3 amigos Freshpopcorn they are great value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I bought a lovely set of Tibetan singing bowls for the OH, they were meant to arrive on 07 Oct but never did, I have been chasing every few days getting responses like "we called and you were not in" and now they say they got lost by the courier so they will refund the order. The other set I just ordered are twice the price and will struggle to arrive by the big day. Grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    I bought a lovely set of Tibetan singing bowls for the OH, they were meant to arrive on 07 Oct but never did, I have been chasing every few days getting responses like "we called and you were not in" and now they say they got lost by the courier so they will refund the order. The other set I just ordered are twice the price and will struggle to arrive by the big day. Grrrrrrr

Will admit Jude, had never heard of those so just looked them up. Very interesting.

You do learn something new everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

My OH has a yoga teaching business, the only reason I know of them

I've only ever heard them on recordings, and they're very relaxing.

I ordered some Christmas mugs today, they look a bit like the fair isle jumper pattern :) the box they come in is really nice so hope it doesn't get any bumps en route!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jude13 wrote: »
    That is so frustrating, Jude!

Like TRS, I had never heard of them either, interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Hi everyone! I normally never get organised for Christmas early enough and end up rushing around, forgetting things. This year I'm going to make sure to get everything organised much earlier - I've even made a list! And now I'm checking it twice :pac:

I've ordered the Christmas dinner from M&S. I did this last year and made the mistake of not ordering enough so won't be making that mistake again!! I also focused completely on Xmas day itself last year and forgot about the days after, so I'm also making a shopping list for the days after Christmas.
    I always go for a chocolate dessert so opted for this to be different: https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie/rodney-cheesecake-serves-10-/p/fdp60434633?prevPage=plp

I get one or two expensive decorations every year so that eventually I'll have a house full of really fab ones. But, there is nothing decent in The Range this year and it's the only shop of its kind within 5k of me :(

Got the Christmas crackers, the table cloth and some nice wine glasses yesterday. Nothin wrong with Lidl wine, but considering the year it has been I'm going to splash out on some really fancy stuff - my first purchase has been this Irish-made red: https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Lusca-Cabernet-Merlot-Wine If anyone has any other suggestions, please, I'd love to hear them. I'm looking for at least another red, a white and a bottle of bubbles.

Have started the pre-Christmas clean up. This is something I've never done before and I've always instantly regretted it once I start to drag the tree out of the attic.

Going to send the parcels abroad much earlier this year ... just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked these up in Dunnes yesterday. €20 and for inside or outside. Come with spikes for putting in the ground

E56-A7526-1-C25-4-E99-A710-7-AF700-D3-A335.jpgfree photo upload online

Fair few people snapping them up

matchthis wrote: »
    Picked these up in Dunnes yesterday. €20 and for inside or outside. Come with spikes for putting in the ground

E56-A7526-1-C25-4-E99-A710-7-AF700-D3-A335.jpgfree photo upload online

Fair few people snapping them up

Link doesn't seem to be working match, well at least not for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Link doesn't seem to be working match, well at least not for me.

Working for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

What say the boardsie’s Christmas clan; normal string lights or cluster lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Brian017 wrote: »

Cant speak for others but I hate the cluster lights. Got a set of 200 of them a couple of years ago by mistake & they covered a tiny proportion of the tree so ended up going out & replacing them for normal LED string lights.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Love the clusters tbh, have gone for the led icicle lights this year, bought them on eBay early Sept to be sure they were in in time; of course from the best ever eBay merchant who delivered from China in just over 2 weeks lol - bit of explaining to do to mrsSpin on that lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Normal string lights all the way for me :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Working for me....

On further investigation seems to be a work related firewall issue.

I'm a string man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We have both cluster and string. We put the cluster lights on first and fill in the gaps with the string lights. If I had to choose only one I’d go with string.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm a fan of string lights on a tree but cluster lights on a swag/garland/wreath.

Elverys are doing buy one item get the second half price. I have my brother in our family kriskindle so I got him the new umbro Ireland jersey and got a jumper for my other brothers birthday on new years eve.I'm getting very close to being finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Has anyone seen the Cadbury chocolate tree decorations.....tesco usually stock them but I don't shop in Tesco's so don't want to go on a wild goose chase if they don't have them....if they have them I'll go :) or if somewhere else has them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Does anyone follow miss ellamay and mommy on Instagram?? She put a set of lights wrapped around the trunk of her tree first and then put another around the branches like normal I will definitely be doing it next year like that. It brightens the whole lot up.

Almost have the OH finished the last of the online ordering done..I think in general for everyone :)
    Just waiting on Black Friday offers for some after shave for him

Going to check it out now Lashes on Insta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just purchased the newest family pjs in Dunnes...never thought we'd be one of those families :D

Won a Dunnes gift card which covered most of it so they only cost me €8.

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    Just purchased the newest family pjs in Dunnes...never thought we'd be one of those families :D

Won a Dunnes gift card which covered most of it so they only cost me €8.

Congrats on the win, Dunnes stuff is fab at the moment

Advertisement