Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Supported local or near local this week:

I bought a matching Christmas facemask, hair tie and dog bandana from this small Irish business based in Westmeath: https://www.facebook.com/veryhandsomethings - they should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday!

I've my Kris Kindle sorted - a wine and cheese hamper from ELY in Maynooth and I got books for my godson in the local bookshop instead of buying from Eason

I initially bought the Rituals advent calendar on Boots but a week later they cancelled the order because they were out of stock. That was the start of this month and I'm still waiting for the refund. Am actually glad they cancelled it now. I've seen a gorgeous pair of red boots on the Next website. They are a couple of euro cheaper than the calendar and I'll still have the boots long after the advent calendar is gone https://www.next.ie/en/g94114s2/282140#

More food shopping tomorrow. I think I'll get the condiments and crackers for the cheese. I've to also pick up some champagne flutes. There is a discount store after opening up in our town and while I wouldn't normally expect to find anything decent in those shops, this one has posted some nice photos of their stock on Facebook this evening, so I think I'll stroll down tomorrow for a browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    I've to also pick up some champagne flutes. There is a discount store after opening up in our town and while I wouldn't normally expect to find anything decent in those shops, this one has posted some nice photos of their stock on Facebook this evening, so I think I'll stroll down tomorrow for a browse.

I got some gorgeous champagne flutes in B&M in NI in the summer but spotted the same ones in Mr Price recently. They're really thin glass, which is essential for me in wine/champagne glasses. I also have lovely ones from Lidl of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Caranica wrote: »
    I got some gorgeous champagne flutes in B&M in NI in the summer but spotted the same ones in Mr Price recently. They're really thin glass, which is essential for me in wine/champagne glasses. I also have lovely ones from Lidl of all places.

Oh wow! Thank you for that. I will hopefully get to a Mr Price when the restrictions are lifted. That is the problem for me - lovely cheap pair in Tesco but the stem is just not long enough for me. I'll go back for them if I can get nothing else, but want to try hold out for what I really want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

TRS30 wrote: »
    The ones the OH ordered from aliexpress came yesterday. Think they worked at 90 cent a mask. Will throw up some pics later as are actually pretty nice.

4yGOgKj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

I've been looking on various sites like Etsy in a bid to at least attempt to buy a little more Irish this year, and I've managed to pick up some nice little knick-knacks and hand made pieces for various family members. I just bought these two in the last few days (I have no affiliation to either photographer or artist here)

etsy-sell1.jpg

aa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

il_794xN.2549962404_22t6.jpg

I picked this up on etsy yesterday.A friend and I are doing a little Irish care package for our friend in Canada who won't be home for Christmas for the first time ever.I thought it was cute sweet without being overly COVID in your face.The seller moves the heart around so we'll have it on Dublin.

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/862697380/christmas-decoration-2020-christmas?ref=yr_purchases

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any idea where I can get a good Garland for the stairs bannister?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We got ours in Homestore and More last year. It was just a plain one and then we added decorations to it. Will post a pic tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Loughc wrote: »
    Any idea where I can get a good Garland for the stairs bannister?

Argos have some on sale

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Garland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There is one here that’s perfect for what I want but it’s completely out of stock in all Dublin stores :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

There is one here that’s perfect for what I want but it’s completely out of stock in all Dublin stores :(

Ah that’s a pity, which one did you like? You never know, someone else might see one like it and can let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

533843.jpegAs well as being a Christmas nut I’m also a huge Lego fan and my Lego winter village is our “biggest” decoration. We add to it each year. But yesterday I deliberately splashed out on some treat Lego just to get this free gift to add to our decorations. I love it and can’t wait to build it. Will display in window with Lego Santa, Mrs Claus and the Nutcracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi
    I got this one, delivered to parcel motel and decorated myself
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A7V6GAU/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

KevMayo88 wrote: »
    I've been looking on various sites like Etsy in a bid to at least attempt to buy a little more Irish this year, and I've managed to pick up some nice little knick-knacks and hand made pieces for various family members. I just bought these two in the last few days (I have no affiliation to either photographer or artist here)

etsy-sell1.jpg

aa.jpg

Love these where did you get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

polydactyl wrote: »
    533843.jpegAs well as being a Christmas nut I’m also a huge Lego fan and my Lego winter village is our “biggest” decoration. We add to it each year. But yesterday I deliberately splashed out on some treat Lego just to get this free gift to add to our decorations. I love it and can’t wait to build it. Will display in window with Lego Santa, Mrs Claus and the Nutcracker!

Please post a picture when your collection is built. We have slowly been adding to a small collection over the past couple of years, still small though.

Arctic-Friends-Duvet-Cover-Set-duvet-covers-TBDARCTIVFRIENDS01-hi-res-0.jpg?sw=300

I've a Christmas duvet set and sheet on the way. I was trying to decide if buying duvet set that could only be used across two months is worth it before I copped myself on and realised I'd use it all year round!:pac:

Delivery would have been a fiver but I added two cute little santa wine bottle covers so that got me the shipping for free.
    Knitted-Wine-Bottle-Santa-Suit-christmas-table-settings-067982-hi-res-0.jpg?sw=300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Arctic-Friends-Duvet-Cover-Set-duvet-covers-TBDARCTIVFRIENDS01-hi-res-0.jpg?sw=300

I've a Christmas duvet set and sheet on the way. I was trying to decide if buying duvet set that could only be used across two months is worth it before I copped myself on and realised I'd use it all year round!:pac:

My duvet that I ordered is due to arrive on Wednesday - perfect timing too as was looking to put it on at the weekend.

I got the same duvet set!! Got it a couple of weeks ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

gidget wrote: »

My duvet that I ordered is due to arrive on Wednesday - perfect timing too as was looking to put it on at the weekend.

Where do i get one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got the same duvet set!! Got it a couple of weeks ago :D

I almost bought it too! Had to put my sensible hat on though, not working so need to be at least semi-sensible with the credit card. Plus I'll be home for most of Christmas hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

tscul32 wrote: »
    Please post a picture when your collection is built. We have slowly been adding to a small collection over the past couple of years, still small though.

I will of course...going to need help with the village this year so will be another week or two but hoping to have the smaller Lego decorations up this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

otnomart wrote: »
    Got a set of Swedish "Glöggmugg"
    Originally intended for hot punch, will be using them for coffee !

78336-Julius-gloggmugg.jpg?timestamp=1604676775

These are so cute! Where did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

eviltwin wrote: »
    Where do i get one!!!

Amazon

eviltwin wrote: »
    Where do i get one!!!

I got mine from home store and more ðŸ‘🻠just waiting for the delivery man now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

www.realchristmastrees.com deliver a real tree and come and collect it in January so you only have to decorate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Autosport wrote: »
    www.realchristmastrees.com deliver a real tree and come and collect it in January so you only have to decorate it :)

Here you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

I got mine from home store and more ðŸ‘🻠just waiting for the delivery man now

I got the grey stag heads one from Homestore and more. Love the brushed cotton.

I got the grey stag heads one from Homestore and more. Love the brushed cotton.

I was considering that one but my bedroom is over a sitting room with wood stove and I think I'd be cooking!

It's be glorious for cold nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

aceygray wrote: »
    These are so cute! Where did you get them?
    Thanks ! Got them in a shop; I am not in Ireland, though.
    I remember there was a Scandinavian shop in Dublin around Ballsbridge, but it has been years, so don't know if still open.
    If not, you could look in IKEA, Flying Tiger, Etsy or Amazon - for either "Glögg cups" or Glögg mugs".

Advertisement