Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

jellybear wrote: »
    Just purchased the newest family pjs in Dunnes...never thought we'd be one of those families :D

Won a Dunnes gift card which covered most of it so they only cost me €8.

Lol they are class.. have the dogs one sorted too. Who am I turning in to lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll go with the string lights so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Lol they are class.. have the dogs one sorted too. Who am I turning in to lol

I can't wait till I've cat or dog to torment dress up for the season!
    I have a grumpy boyfriend who wont even wear a christmas t-shirt never mind a jumper or pjs. It'll be my furry little pal who'll have to match me.:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can't wait till I've cat or dog to torment dress up for the season!
    I have a grumpy boyfriend who wont even wear a christmas t-shirt never mind a jumper or pjs. It'll be my furry little pal who'll have to match me.:p

Does that mean what I think it does? :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Does that mean what I think it does? :pac:

It does indeed.After realising he made terrible mistake he came back asking to try again ...within 10 days:P (so either the stockholm syndrome kicked in late or he came to his senses)

I'm really glad now that I hadn't shifted his Christmas presents:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It does indeed.After realising he made terrible mistake he came back asking to try again ...within 10 days:P (so either the stockholm syndrome kicked in late or he came to his senses)

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congrats heres to a great Christmas x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I had to collect an order from Dunnes today I was in and out mad to see some Christmas bits on sale then others taped away

Picked up more hand towels for over the Christmas, these are Christmassy ones so I'll keep them for Christmas Day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

The youngest elfs toy arrived at the house today. I cant wait to get home to see it. Its a John Deere tractor, I will have to put it together as some of the reviews said items were missing so don't want to find out the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    The youngest elfs toy arrived at the house today. I cant wait to get home to see it. Its a John Deere tractor, I will have to put it together as some of the reviews said items were missing so don't want to find out the night before.

Don't be boring Jude, leave it to Christmas Eve and then the panic can set in if they is a bit missing :D

• Advertisement

Sounds like a Hallmark Christmas movie ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

TRS30 wrote: »
    Don't be boring Jude, leave it to Christmas Eve and then the panic can set in if they is a bit missing :D

The panic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jude13 wrote: »
    The panic!!

Oh man I left it till the 23rd one year and while fitting the steering wheel of a cozy coupe it snapped in half as I was having major trouble fitting it, major panic set in but then I must admit I was in desperate parent mode and drove straight to smyths and said that the steering wheel was missing from the box, I know I know morally wrong but it worked and the car was saved :o

Sounds like a Hallmark Christmas movie ending :)

Oh did I fail to mention I managed to find a way to save my families bakery/inn/general store which was due to close on Christmas eve while also pursuing my dreams as a jewellery designer/party planner/artist:p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Bought some themed PJ's for the family and a Christmas themed Yankee Candle. I have no idea what it smells like but with a name like Christmas I'm sure it will be suitably festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Pictures people :)

Fun starts for us next weekend, will post a few as we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Bought the Bright White Bundle on Spotlight this morning, E157 but with 30OFF I got 30 percent off. Teenage daughter will be delighted.
    Rang my sister and told her about it....and she might get some for her adult kids.

Bought the Bright White Bundle on Spotlight this morning, E157 but with 30OFF I got 30 percent off. Teenage daughter will be delighted.
    Rang my sister and told her about it....and she might get some for her adult kids.

Will admit (again) that I had to google this.

I'm so out of touch on somethings!!

Just a heads up for those not in the know or not following the PlayStation forum, more Playstation 5 consoles are being released on Thursday, Amazon said more stock from 12pm on Thursday but keep and eye on Smyths, Currys, Argos, Harvey Norman, Littlewoods and Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So having avoided the elf on the shelf to date the 6yr asked for one to visit this year and given how upset she was at my sudden dramatically departure to hospital I’ve conceded that she can ask for a well behaved one to come fir Christmas.....I’ll regret it I know but just going to have them move as I don’t like the spying thing myself and she wouldn’t like a naughty one

• Advertisement

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I’ve been looking for Christmas tablecloths myself, but I haven’t found anything that I liked.

There’s a few nice ones on Guineys, but sold out of the size I need. :mad:

Has anyone seen any nice Christmas bed linen? :)

Well found one in home savers, I like it but need a bright runner to go with it

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I’ve been looking for Christmas tablecloths myself, but I haven’t found anything that I liked.

There’s a few nice ones on Guineys, but sold out of the size I need. :mad:

Has anyone seen any nice Christmas bed linen? :)

Well found one in home savers, I like it but need a bright runner to go with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

polydactyl wrote: »
    Do having avoided the elf on the shelf to date the 6yr asked for one to visit this year and given how upset she was at my sudden dramatically departure to hospital I’ve conceded that she can ask for a well behaved one to come fir Christmas.....I’ll regret it I know but just going to have them move as I don’t like the spying thing myself and she wouldn’t like a naughty one

Look up the good elf

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plush-Little-Helper-Behaviour-Reward/dp/B01GRY9GNY

I hated the normal elf idea too

Do having avoided the elf on the shelf to date the 6yr asked for one to visit this year and given how upset she was at my sudden dramatically departure to hospital I’ve conceded that she can ask for a well behaved one to come fir Christmas.....I’ll regret it I know but just going to have them move as I don’t like the spying thing myself and she wouldn’t like a naughty one

We did one last year. Not a naughty one, just moved them around and the kids had to find them each morning.

Made the mistake of putting it up beside one of the kids beds one night and they woke up screaming and they never went upstairs again (told the kids the Elf couldn't get up the stairs!!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope he behaves himself for you, polydactyl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Look up the good elf

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plush-Little-Helper-Behaviour-Reward/dp/B01GRY9GNY

I hated the normal elf idea too

That’s exactly the one I bought!! Great minds and funnily TRS she specifically said she is putting in her letter that she wants them to stay downstairs only!

So having avoided the elf on the shelf to date the 6yr asked for one to visit this year and given how upset she was at my sudden dramatically departure to hospital I’ve conceded that she can ask for a well behaved one to come fir Christmas.....I’ll regret it I know but just going to have them move as I don’t like the spying thing myself and she wouldn’t like a naughty one

Don't forget all Elves on the shelves need to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival from the north pole!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

https://www.boots.ie/mac-star-gift-10286678

Really good value for make up lover. Another present ticked off

Lashes28 wrote: »
    https://www.boots.ie/mac-star-gift-10286678

Really good value for make up lover. Another present ticked off

My OH just informed me I have bought this for her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My OH just informed me I have bought this for her :D

That sounds like a very familiar scenario...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement