Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

My OH just announced that Santa's bringing him a new tablet. That also means that I'm getting a new for me, second hand tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Well found one in home savers, I like it but need a bright runner to go with it

Its gorgeous I love it, it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

30% off sale stuff on Nike. Picked up runners for my son,got him the other colour for his birthday a few weeks ago for 160euro. Got another pair in a different colour today for 56euro. Xmas shopping and bargains are my fav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Crystals - anyone here into them?

My OH has shown interest in them and I'd like to get her a little gift related to them. Problem is, I have no idea where to start looking :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleBoxHero

Elf on the shelf can be got online at Eason for 15 euros using code BLACK and free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

funnydoggy wrote: »

My OH has shown interest in them and I'd like to get her a little gift related to them. Problem is, I have no idea where to start looking :confused:

not sure what type of crystals youre after. you could take a look at rockshop.ie its there in liscannor in clare. maybe give you some ideas. although i think a lot of their stock is imported so you'll probably find it elsewhere too, but it mught give you some ideas

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh good god looked at the Next christmas table wares set up, I MUST RESIST!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I don't know anything about them, but seen them all the time in Health Shops.
    Holland and Barrett for example has a small set with healing crystals.
    https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/psychic-sisters-healing-crystal-set-60046185?skuid=046185

Otherwise, Google: "Crystals Starter Kit" and you might get something else suitable

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can anyone recommend a nice garland (ideally white lights) for stairs? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've just a delivery of loads of crystals from the following etsy shop

https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/GemAndFossilEmporium?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=716430080

I got a few of their crystal sets as presents for people.I got the motivation, friendship,pregnancy,breaking attachments and best niece sets. They come in litt gauze bags with information sheets about the stones in each set.They're all tumble stones and aren't too small.They're based in the UK and I found delivery and dispatch fine especially considering the current postal delays.

I'd been looking at Irish shops but they either didn't have what I was after or were charging triple the price. The rock shop in liscanor is nice.I was there in the summer but their online range isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Have a look at https://merleogrady.com/

Irish online shop based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Another shop is Witch on a broomstick based in Kilkenny.

Also to add M&S have 40% sale on Christmas items now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Autosport wrote: »

Have seen this mentioned a couple of times here but not seeing it on M&S website...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Autosport wrote: »

Is there a code required as can't see it online.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

My order from Dunnes just arrived, including my new tree skirt. I know someone mentioned on here before how big they are, but I still wasn't expecting it to be that enormous!!! I might have to take the Christmas tree down early to check it for size!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

I collected a 6ft tree from Dunnes this morning. I had let down the back seat of my car assuming it would be in a big box. I went in, saw a tree box and said to the guy I think that's mine. When I gave my name he said it wasn't and picked up a much smaller box which fitted in the boot no problem. Hope it looks ok when it's up as it was very light, whereas our 7ft one is in a massive box and weighs a tonne :-) Grant it, it was only €40 so I can't really expect too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Got a set of Swedish "Glöggmugg"
    Originally intended for hot punch, will be using them for coffee !

78336-Julius-gloggmugg.jpg?timestamp=1604676775

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bought our Christmas pudding, 2 x stollen, 2 x boxes mince pies, 2 x quality street tubs, 2 x Christmas cake slices and a rake of alcohol (baileys, amaretto, dark rum, beers) to start properly stocking the Christmas cupboard... ravenous at the thought of all those treats!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Bought our Christmas pudding, 2 x stollen, 2 x boxes mince pies, 2 x quality street tubs, 2 x Christmas cake slices and a rake of alcohol (baileys, amaretto, dark rum, beers) to start properly stocking the Christmas cupboard... ravenous at the thought of all those treats!

Hope you got a lock as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Picked up these battery outdoor lights online from Home Store and More.
    https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-tree-lights/200-bright-white-multi-functional-outdoor-led-time/064333.html
    They were on sale so got 2 of the 200 bulb sets for only 20 euro.I'm waiting anxiously for my ready to collect email!

We're going to wrap one set around a tree in front of the house and a tree in the garden.It didn't give a length but if the 100 bulbs is 10 m then I'm sure we'll manage with the 200 bulbs.I just want to get them around the trunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hope you got a lock as well :)

Just a double pack of willpower!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Is there a code required as can't see it online.. .

I rechecked my email and there’s no code it just says 40% off starts today (which was Friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Bought a Mr. Men Little Miss Advent Calendar today for my brother's little elves. Bedtime stories sorted till Christmas.

Odeta wrote: »
    Bought this today for my brother's little elves. Bedtime stories sorted till Christmas.

Looks great. Can I ask where you got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Has anyone ordered from Woodies Click & Collect?

I ordered 3 Christmas items for collection on Tuesday night and it said that they were available in that store... I would’ve thought it’d be at least in 48 hours...

I didn’t get an email for confirmation, or a text yet. :confused:

It’s lucky that I screenshot the order number because I have nothing else otherwise.. I thought that I’d have the stuff by now. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

TRS30 wrote: »
    Looks great. Can I ask where you got it?

Got it in Tesco’s.

Odeta wrote: »
    Got it in Tesco’s.

I guess Mr.Men are essential :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Christmas face masks....not as cheap as aliexpress etc but faster delivery given we are in November.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/MSFindItemsByKeyword?langId=-24&storeId=10451&catalogId=11551&categoryId=0&searchTerm=christmas masks&BRsession=true

• Advertisement

Christmas face masks....not as cheap as aliexpress etc but faster delivery given we are in November.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/MSFindItemsByKeyword?langId=-24&storeId=10451&catalogId=11551&categoryId=0&searchTerm=christmas masks&BRsession=true

The ones the OH ordered from aliexpress came yesterday. Think they worked at 90 cent a mask. Will throw up some pics later as are actually pretty nice.

Advertisement