Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I am crazy to get all baking-related items. Yes, I am going to bake pastries, cakes and pizzas this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

pc7 wrote: »
    They are lovely, can’t believe Santy is a Willy over the top mask wearer ;)

Lol good thing it's not a mask! I'd feel very uncomfortable with that over my mouth

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lol this is what I mean, ever since I seen this, it’s all I think of when I’m out and see people with the mask down below their nose (willies)!!!

https://ibb.co/6Jdhd3K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone know where I can get a nice table cloth and runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I got nice ones in homestore and more, the Pvc ones with little robins and the other had silver Christmas trees.

They also do linen tablecloths with matching runners and napkins. Usually they'll be half price.

If you want to go more expensive arnotts or kilkenny store will likely have the more linen style.

I must look myself as something happened my lil Robin, so had planned to replace it.

• Advertisement

Great thanks I'll take a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I need to get a new dinner set myself. Not necessarily christmas themed but a nice set that I can keep up. Any ideas?

Great thanks I'll take a look now

I've just looked, the range is shockingly bad.

There's usually a much better selection. They might get more stock in for December. The last couple of years they definitely have had it half price , I remember as couldn't make up my mind so bought both justifying it by saying it came to the normal price :D

They definitely had pvc tablecloths with matching wooden/cork placemats and coasters and matching paper napkins .

jrosen wrote: »
    I need to get a new dinner set myself. Not necessarily christmas themed but a nice set that I can keep up. Any ideas?

Mark's and Spencer's have nice sets, the Hampton range caught my eye.

Arnotts have denby on offer.

That's as far down the rabbit hole I went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I’ve been looking for Christmas tablecloths myself, but I haven’t found anything that I liked.

There’s a few nice ones on Guineys, but sold out of the size I need. :mad:

Has anyone seen any nice Christmas bed linen? :)

• Advertisement

Wow tablecloths are so so hard to find well nice ones anyways, may just do with a nice runners and a nice centre piece

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Picking up a couple of small gifts, my Newbridge Advent candle and a box of Christmas crackers tomorrow from Arnotts Click & Collect. :)

hzmgfpX.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

I went hook, line and sinker for the 11/11 sales on Ali Express today, got all sorts of external lights and projectors for the gaff for about a tenth of what they cost in Homestore here!

They'll probably be gone with the first gust of wind, mind!

luketitz wrote: »
    I went hook, line and sinker for the 11/11 sales on Ali Express today, got all sorts of external lights and projectors for the gaff for about a tenth of what they cost in Homestore here!

They'll probably be gone with the first gust of wind, mind!

I never ordered anything from Ali Express, will they get here before Christmas? Is it like wish when it comes to shipping?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It’ll be tight with Ali at this stage, I’ve noticed a few sellers shipping is actually coming from Europe now. An post very slow to deliver anything from China since lockdown I’ve noticed too.

I got a fab projector at Halloween in lidl for outside and it came with Christmas discs, worth keeping an eye for when they are eventually able to release their Christmas stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I’ve been looking for Christmas tablecloths myself, but I haven’t found anything that I liked.

Dunnes stores has nice Christmas bedlinen
    Oxendales too
    Littlewoods usually do some too check them

TK Lemon - regarding bed linen Harvey Norman have bedlinen too in their Christmas shop

SarahLil wrote: »
    TK Lemon Harvey Norman have bedlinen too in their Christmas shop

Are TK doing online shopping? Oh god, my credit card is going to melt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I find the quality of the fabrics at Zara Home really above the rest in the high street

https://www.zarahome.com/ie/christmas/dining/table-linen-c1020027044.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Jude13 wrote: »
    Can you take a screenshot? I want to send it to the Mrs and freak her out that I have the tree up.
    I didn't have the time to try it yet.
    You could use the App in your Tablet, and, if you are unable to take a screenshot, you can take a photo of the screen with your phone and send it to her.
    Let us know her reaction !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

TK Lemon wrote: »

Got our Christmas bed clothes in Homestore and More - kids last year instore and a set for us this year delivered. Reductions in price at the moment. Wish I hadn't looked as now I want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,187 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The wifes v.expensive perfume just arrived via courier this morning... so other than a couple of small bits and some bottles of plonk for some relatives I think we're more or less done now. Such a relief. Means if/when the shops open and we get to have a browse (if that will be even possible) we're under no pressure to get gifts... love it when we get to that stage!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭pigtail33

otnomart wrote: »
    I find the quality of the fabrics at Zara Home really above the rest in the high street

I'd never think of looking at the Zara Home website, some of the stuff is beautiful, if quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Eldest lads Xbox arrived. Whoop feel like I'm making a dent in the shopping.
    Was in choice today and they have loads of the oilcloth tablecloth if that's the right words 😅. They cut them to size homestore and more have fab bed linen in. You can buy them in-store.

I usually get a cream and gold oil cloth cut from Homebase the ladies do be very nice, I keep that on for the run up to Christmas then for the big day I may change I have ones from Guineys and Homestore and More with matching runner

Did a big order for OH Sunday from the team he supports and no notice of dispatch yet, I am not panicking as I dealt with them before when I got no confirmation and they were very professional and the goods arrived but nearly 5 working days after I thought I would have heard something

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Got these in Dealz tonigh!
    125396129_2796609460661657_8468396449038240790_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OUPmUaHXnEQAX_bQOdk&_nc_oc=AQntTIusZrOlGuP_Gu9sz9XwStpOfjP7g5-QMKKlfBq_NWT-7IV1MulVRVoqySGNwzY&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1d08aaa0a7052be8f9b65eb94f2ba36e&oe=5FD4A177

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Got tickets for a drive through Santa !! Thrillled with them !

Got these in Dealz tonigh!
    125396129_2796609460661657_8468396449038240790_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OUPmUaHXnEQAX_bQOdk&_nc_oc=AQntTIusZrOlGuP_Gu9sz9XwStpOfjP7g5-QMKKlfBq_NWT-7IV1MulVRVoqySGNwzY&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1d08aaa0a7052be8f9b65eb94f2ba36e&oe=5FD4A177

Love them! I had to look twice at the size of them. When I first saw them looked like they were full size standing on the ground waiting for baggage at the airport... oh god I need sleep.. or glasses

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

otnomart wrote: »

Hiding my credit card as I type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I bought a box of Celebrations today (not the big tub). It was €3.50 in Tesco, felt like a deal. The plan was to bring them into work and share them around, put everyone in a bit of a lighter mood for Friday.

But the more I thought about it, I realised I shouldn't encourage everyone to put their hands into the same tub. I'm gonna take one for the team and eat the box myself, for safety reasons :o

Advertisement