Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ellen - 19th/20th August 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    True, but I thought camping was a way to embrace the great outdoors, warts 'n' all.

I've not camped in 30 years. I can walk out into my field to experience nature.

Living on the side of a mountain overlooking the Atlantic should be fun tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Storm 10 wrote: »
    You can be sure they will roll out Mr Doom and Gloom man George Lee to tell us all whats coming, the last time he warned us that we could be wiped out nothing happened and he did not come back the following day to explain himself.

If ever there was a harbinger of doom it's Gorgeous George. He delights in it.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just in the 4pm news there that the red warning may be extended to other counties

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

aisling86 wrote: »

You beat me too it he is a scaremongering red top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Yep I’m not so concerned with mr doom and gloom Georgie boy but I’m more concerned about wether local county councils are

Aware

And taking active measures in terms of flood defence

And also utilities like ESB and the army if need be

Luckily Met Eireann aren't keeping the forecasts and warnings a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

jimmynokia wrote: »

Don't know who he is, but is he any different to these cretins?

https://www.google.com/search?q=met+eireann&sxsrf=ALeKk02XCdaSapNTttr6aXs45x1dw4TGpw:1597849246799&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjd_ImmxKfrAhWAShUIHYkCDH4Q_AUoAXoECBcQAw&cshid=1597849316049508&biw=1366&bih=625

How is that these morons get a free pass while some random guy on facebook gets all the hate?

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A large group of starlings on a tree out the front of my house making unmerciful noise - methinks they know something is coming! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The 06ECM from this morning is not too far of this! Problem is though he states these figures as definitely going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've reported his nonsense on there as false news, I doubt it will do any good but it really is irresponsible what he's at.

The same people thanking him on there will be giving out about Met Eireann tomorrow if there aren't red conditions in Dublin.

• Advertisement

https://www.google.com/search?q=met+eireann&sxsrf=ALeKk02XCdaSapNTttr6aXs45x1dw4TGpw:1597849246799&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjd_ImmxKfrAhWAShUIHYkCDH4Q_AUoAXoECBcQAw&cshid=1597849316049508&biw=1366&bih=625

How is that these morons get a free pass while some random guy on facebook gets all the hate?

These do have him on the radio,newstalk and the other southern county stations

Get a free pass? ME are routinely slaughtered for scaremongering for issuing too many yellow and orange warning yet this eejit is predicting 185km/h winds and a red warning for half the country and people are trying to defend him.

Edit: Even if the red warning does end up getting extended to other counties it doesn't excuse his carry on. He's constantly giving OTT warnings and getting it correct once shouldn't give him a free pass. We're not going to see anything close to 185km/h, let alone the 200km/h he was going on about earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He's a bad joke. I've reported it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks to be undergoing rapid deepening now going by satellite imagery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Get a free pass? ME are routinely slaughtered for scaremongering for issuing too many yellow and orange warning yet this eejit is predicting 185km/h winds and a red warning for half the country and people are trying to defend him.

At least he's prepared to put his real name and contact details out there for debate. There's a couple of well known forum users here quick to shout red alerts at every low pressure or flake of snow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Please keep on topic and cut out the 'what will the weather like be in X at Y pm/am' posts.

This is still an evolving storm and the track is not nailed down so nobody, with any certainty, can tell what the weather will be like in any particular location at a particular time.

Keep following/reading the thread and keep up to date with Met Eireann forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Exactly what is he doing that those in the media are not? And I'm sure the media have a far bigger reach than him.

New Moon

At least he's prepared to put his real name and contact details out there for debate. There's a couple of well known forum users here quick to shout red alerts at every low pressure or flake of snow.

There's a world of difference between a poster on a niche forum and someone with 80k odd followers on Facebook. Providing his name and contact details doesn't add any credibility to what he's saying, nor does it take away from how irresponsible he's being.

Im getting hammered by all his supporters now but a few have seen the truth in fairness too.

• Advertisement

I would trust and go by the educated regular contributors here before anyone else particularly that muppet and anyone can set up a facebook page and put contact info on it.. Can you provide your claims by the way about posters here because I have not seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Can we have a technical thread,this is awful rot to have to wade through.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There's a couple of well known forum users here quick to shout red alerts at every low pressure or flake of snow.

Yes, but posters on here are not putting themselves forward as 'public information service' like he is/has been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any more model updates?

I suppose when we have George Lee or some other gombeen on gombeen RTE later bigging up the event and scaremongering the public they'll get a free pass coz they have 'credibility'.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,420 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

leahyl wrote: »
    A large group of starlings on a tree out the front of my house making unmerciful noise - methinks they know something is coming! :-D

Noticed similar in maynooth earlier

leahyl wrote: »
    Any more model updates?

ECM and GFS update around 7pm....after that, it's nowcast! Whatever will happen will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

DOCARCH wrote: »
    ECM and GFS update around 7pm....after that, it's nowcast! Whatever will happen will happen.

GFS used be earlier. When did that change?

GFS used be earlier. When did that change?

Yes, GFS is earlier, what i meant is by 7pm should have both....after that it's storm time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

12z running now on gfs. Very severe with red level winds running right up centre of South er counties
    Red alert to be expanded I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement