Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Berlin in Dame St be closed down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Why are the poll results hidden. Do you work for the Gubberment or do you work in the Berlin itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Irishman80 wrote: »
    What are we doing now? Screaming about people dancing. Taking part in braying mobs stalking and ridiculing people online. Continuing with locking up of young people and children.

Nobody on that footage looked like they were locked up to me. However some businesses are and if more people behave like that it's likely they will stay locked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

meeeeh wrote: »
    Nobody on that footage looked like they were locked up to me. However some businesses are and if more people behave like that it's likely they will stay locked up.

Only if we react hysterically to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Only if we react hysterically to it.

That's just simple nonsense one line that takes into account nothing but your own opinion. If that was informed and educated opinion we could at least take it half seriously. But we can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

meeeeh wrote: »
    You do realise that this carry on actually endangered livelihoods of a lot more pubs who have to stay closed. When the trade organisations come against business then you know the behaviour on Saturday was against the interest of their members.

You are not really good at thinking this though are you?

Its the hysteria and the jumping on the bandwagon with actually looking properly at the footage (there are 3 angles to look at it from) that has endangered the reopening of other pubs.

The hysteria from the LVA and restaurants association is loudest.

Go back, have a look at all 3 angles. Its 6 people + the person holding the phone in each clip. Not overcrowded. Not perfect or ideal, but no-where near what the wild level of hysteria would suggest.

Also, there's a possibility the group were together too and groups of 6 are allowed together. This rush to judgement and then insulting/bullying the organisers online is a sad result of the hysterical tabloid & social media outlets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,136 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

silver2020 wrote: »
    Its the hysteria and the jumping on the bandwagon with actually looking properly at the footage (there are 3 angles to look at it from) that has endangered the reopening of other pubs.

The hysteria from the LVA and restaurants association is loudest.

Go back, have a look at all 3 angles. Its 6 people + the person holding the phone in each clip. Not overcrowded. Not perfect or ideal, but no-where near what the wild level of hysteria would suggest.

Also, there's a possibility the group were together too and groups of 6 are allowed together. This rush to judgement and then insulting/bullying the organisers online is a sad result of the hysterical tabloid & social media outlets.

Not bothered mate..... bad mistake..... should have been taken out of commission straight away......all payments withdrawn.

That’s the angle I look at,a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yep some self described Instagram model and influencer called Jess Brennan organised it and has other boozy brunches upcoming. She took a lot of flak on Twitter yesterday and made her Instagram account private too.

This is her

jessb1-640x640.jpg

Jess is my friend, she doesn't describe herself as a "model" or an "influencer". Her instagram has been private for quite a while also.

Whatever about your feelings about the event being held and the antics that went on, some people should be ****ing ashamed with themselves given the personal abuse about her looks etc.. she has gotten the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

She uploaded the video herself, right? ****ing over every small pub in the process. She was making a few quid, so what does she care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Jess is my friend, she doesn't describe herself as a "model" or an "influencer". Her instagram has been private for quite a while also.

Whatever about your feelings about the event being held and the antics that went on, some people should be ****ing ashamed with themselves given the personal abuse about her looks etc.. she has gotten the past few days.

Agreed, attacking her looks is pathetic.

Attacking her for being an attention seeking **** who pathetically capitalised on a pandemic to make money and **** on 1744 people who died and the overworked health care sector is perfectly fine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Agreed, attacking her looks is pathetic.

Attacking her for being an attention seeking **** who pathetically capitalised on a pandemic to make money and **** on 1744 people who died and the overworked health care sector is perfectly fine.....

Yet when Supervalu arranged elderly coffee mornings at the height of the pandemic this was lauded on social media as an example of 'all in this together' and 'community spirit'

Overworked healthcare workers? It's their job to look after people. Who the hell goes into healthcare expecting to twiddle their thumbs. It's a hospital. They're sad places at the best of times. It's part and parcel of the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yet when Supervalu arranged elderly coffee mornings at the height of the pandemic this was lauded on social media as an example of 'all in this together' and 'community spirit'

Overworked healthcare workers? It's their job to look after people. Who the hell goes into healthcare expecting to twiddle their thumbs. It's a hospital. They're sad places at the best of times. It's part and parcel of the job.
    Who the hell goes into selling themselves online and expects everyone to love them for it?
    Who the hell promotes a session during a pandemic, knowing that half or more of the pubs in the country are locked down as well as plenty of other businesses, and expects not to get called out on it?

I am not sure what you are trying to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

She organised some sort of brunch afternoon. What's the problem? There's loads of people profiteering off this.

She organised some sort of brunch afternoon. What's the problem? There's loads of people profiteering off this.
    That's what you were trying to compare?

Edit -
    I would also hazard a guess that that is the problem.
    People 'profiteering off this' - without being mindful of the people who are losing their businesses/jobs slowly in front of their eyes, or the people that are afraid for their lives, or their relatives lives.

And then to flaunt it so brazenly..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Jaysus you're absolutely right, I forgot the video of a deli worker standing on the counter pouring coffee into pensioners mouths while Vera Lynn played and my granny shifted someone....

Whoever organised that is a **** as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

They should lose their license and that girl Jess Brennan should be fined and prosecuted. Pub owners that are sticking to guidelines are losing their livelihoods and have now been pushed back and punished because of the selfish acts of her, the pub owner and everyone else involved while the rest of us are trying our hardest to do what we can to not spread this virus.
    I cant believe people are actually sticking up for her and the pub owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

3 hours, way beyond the supposed rules of an hour and 45 minutes. But without knowing more, I'm not that outraged by someone who, along with many others, all had a part in it. It's the owner, the bar with its Corona party in March that luckily got closed down, who is clearly acting in an executive role despite being a disqualified director, who's truly responsible if anyone is. It sickens me that he gets to profit and laugh all the way to the bank.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Jaysus you're absolutely right, I forgot the video of a deli worker standing on the counter pouring coffee into pensioners mouths while Vera Lynn played and my granny shifted someone....

Whoever organised that is a **** as well
    Well ****ing said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

You said it yourself: Overworked.

They shouldn't be be overworked at the best of times.
    During a pandemic as has never been known before they are or can be beyond overworked.

It's also not "their job" to go above and beyond to look after people.
    They have a right to go in, do their job for the hours they are contracted to and to return home and carry on with their lives.

Did you think that they are beholden to the cause and because of the profession they took on?
    What if you were forced to work 24hr+ shifts?

Hospitals have capacities. Maximum capacities. If they are exceedded, problems occur, people die.
    The more they are exceeded, the more problems occur, the more people die.

Pub owners that are sticking to guidelines are losing their livelihoods and have now been pushed back and punished because of the selfish acts of her, the pub owner and everyone else involved while the rest of us are trying our hardest to do what we can to not spread this virus.
    I cant believe people are actually sticking up for her and the pub owners.

You'll probably find that most of the people sticking up/defending this will be the first to go crying when things aren't going their way. When things get them down, or they can't handle a situation they would probably go running to somebody looking for sympathy. Maybe never experienced any harsh realities yet.

It would be a whole different story if this coronavirus mutated into something more deadly or like the spanish flu, mostly killed the young and healthy.

wandererz wrote: »
    You said it yourself: Overworked.

They shouldn't be be overworked at the best of times.
    During a pandemic as has never been known before they are or can be beyond overworked.

It's also not "their job" to go above and beyond to look after people.
    They have a right to go in, do their job for the hours they are contracted to and to return home and carry on with their lives.

Did you think that they are beholden to the cause and because of the profession they took on?
    What if you were forced to work 24hr+ shifts?

Hospitals have capacities. Maximum capacities. If they are exceedded, problems occur, people die.
    The more they are exceeded, the more problems occur, the more people die.
    Seems a far cry from the days of applauding our healthcare workers for what they had to go through, doesn't it? If this was a war fought by countries, it would be called treason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Just so you're aware, you are a massive, massive **** and this is a vile, selfish and idiotic opinion to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

I NEED TO KNOW!!

Did you get your ADMISH, your DISH, your SHOT, your hell of a lot of HOOLY as promised ???

Coz if you didn't then you were covered in sh1t3 and rolled over.

There are differing stories. Some say it was 20 secs of "Madness" and overblown.

Who was blowing whom and for how long?
    What is considered over?

Or, indeed, what was being blown? Was it P, Was it C? Was it CR? Was it D? Was it H?.. na.

I was at the madness concert at the Point in 2010. I can categorically say there was absolutely nothing overblown there.

Back to the JB @Berlin session last weekend, and as advertised:

Were the BITCHES indeed BAKED??
    Who were the COOKED CRAZIES?
    Who was wearing the DESERT FESTIVAL FASH? - - was it probably or certainly the po trash?
    Who won the FREE DRINK for the Most Creative Craziest COOKED Clobbers in their Glad Rags??

LET US KNOW. WE NEED & WANT TO KNOW!

DON'T WORRY, Everyone will survive!
    If peeps are surviving CV-19, they will survive this too!

It does not matter! The biggest companies in the world...
    They exist <<< that side of the pond<<<
    Or maybe >>> that side>>>

Surely it doesn't matter here anyway, our rep is intact, coz Jess says so & we believe & follow her!

BTW,
    @Revenue Commish: time to take a look at this Jess Dish.

Judging by the photos though, it's a Dish that's already been served cold and very late at night, many many times over. Nothing left to savour and exposed in the cold light of day.

#cancelled

No, I won’t. Just read back over the thread and listen to yourselves. A bunch of hysterical Karens.

No, they are been shafted by hysterical Karens who have lost all reasoning ability.

I think you should mention hysterical Karen's again. It makes you sound cool.

In fairness, it's not as if she doesn't court the attention. While she may play down the fact that she considers herself an influencer, she doesn't mind and actively encourages it when people describe her as such when she thinks it may be profitable or it is in a positive light.

https://www.hotpress.com/culture/irish-influencer-performer-jess-brennan-love-life-sex-22791264

I understand that she may be your friend, but she has willingly put herself in the public domain for monetary gain and for exposure. It is not unreasonable for people to comment on her if they have negative opinions of her.

Fame and notoriety are two cheeks of the same arse. You need to be prepared to suffer the bad with the good if the product you are selling is your privacy and your dignity.

In fairness, it's not as if she doesn't court the attention. While she may play down the fact that she considers herself an influencer, she doesn't mind and actively encourages it when people describe her as such when she thinks it may be profitable or it is in a positive light.

https://www.hotpress.com/culture/irish-influencer-performer-jess-brennan-love-life-sex-22791264

I understand that she may be your friend, but she has willingly put herself in the public domain for monetary gain and for exposure. It is not unreasonable for people to comment on her if they have negative opinions of her.

Fame and notoriety are two cheeks of the same arse. You need to be prepared to suffer the bad with the good if the product you are selling is your privacy and your dignity.

Hard to know who is the bigger idiot, the person themselves,or the bunch of
    stults who ‘follow’ her.

Anyway.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Are we gonna see the results soon from the poll ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Once again, people need to see what she did from the perspective of the people waiting desperately to go back to work in a safe environment, which can be done.

The actual video isn't really that bad, but SHE filmed and uploaded it and handed the government another carte blanche, ruined so many people's chances of saving their buisness safely, I'm certain of this.

Thousands of pubs ordered perisable stock and covid signage with the few quid they had left in the hopes that the dates aren't pushed back again.

The majority of "food pubs" are doing things the right way and being careful. Thousands of "wet" pubs could have done the same, but this moron, and she is a moron, did this in a bar run by one of the dodgiest businessmen in the trade.

Honestly, **** her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

The only thing she should influence is people to stay away from dodgy fillers and plastic surgery

Homelander wrote: »
    The only thing she should influence is people to stay away from dodgy fillers and plastic surgery

Put it this way, anyone who would be influenced by that ‘look’ would be seriously challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Her instagram has been private for quite a while also.

Did that happen at about the same time her Onlyfans account opened by any chance?

Advertisement