Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Berlin in Dame St be closed down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You forgot finger pointing, and ironically being 'influenced'

akin to saying "Somebody in authority did something, so I did something"

It also reeks of being coached.

Some ****wits will see the golf outing as some kind of vindication for these ****.

It's not.

It's the same.

All *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Some ****wits will see the golf outing as some kind of vindication for these ****.

It's not.

It's the same.

All *****.

It's nowhere near the same.

On the one hand, you've a couple of young people at a party who broke social distancing guidelines.

On the other hand, you have government ministers who are giving power to the security apparatus of the State to arrest and charge people for breaking social distancing guidelines - then they head off and break them. And only a few days before this, the same government were outraged by a few young people dancing.

Give me a break...

Irishman80 wrote: »
    It's nowhere near the same.

On the one hand, you've a couple of young people at a party who broke social distancing guidelines.

On the other hand, you have government ministers who are giving power to the security apparatus of the State to arrest and charge people for breaking social distancing guidelines - then they head off and break them. And only a few days before this, the same government were outraged by a few young people dancing.

Give me a break...

Have a break chief.

You can hardly blame the ministers... They broke no rules. Was that not your spiel?

No laws were broken.

Both parties, both events, everyone involved were selfish *****.

Absolutely I want the government ministers to behave better. But I am also old enough to know not to expect it.

I find both reprehensible and one does not excuse the other. In fact, I think both compliment each other and prove that neither old nor young, nor rich nor poor are capable of common decency.

Have a break chief.

You can hardly blame the ministers... They broke no rules. Was that not your spiel?

No laws were broken.

Both parties, both events, everyone involved were selfish *****.

Absolutely I want the government ministers to behave better. But I am also old enough to know not to expect it.

I find both reprehensible and one does not excuse the other. In fact, I think both compliment each other and prove that neither old nor young, nor rich nor poor are capable of common decency.

The Ministers are in positions of power dictating how we should live our lives. Punching down at us while they are destroying our livelihoods. Then doing the same thing they threaten to lock us up for.

The young people dancing are doing what young people do - enjoying themselves.

I suppose you think common decency includes the mobs attacking and threatening a young woman because people at her party danced (Politicians added fuel to this fire by joining in).

Common decency, yeah right...the valley of the squinting windows and outrage mobs.

• Advertisement

The Ministers are in positions of power dictating how we should live our lives. Punching down at us while they are destroying our livelihoods. Then doing the same thing they threaten to lock us up for.

The young people dancing are doing what young people do - enjoying themselves.

I suppose you think common decency includes the mobs attacking and threatening a young woman because people at her party danced (Politicians added fuel to this fire by joining in).

Common decency, yeah right...the valley of the squinting windows and outrage mobs.

I think common decency is keeping distance, not socially gathering, having a sense of responsibility for our actions and not engaging in reckless behaviour.

The people in Berlin and the **** at the golf outing flouted common decency.

Both are disgusting. Both should be looked down upon. The ministers are guilty of a higher level of hypocrisy but that in no way excuses the actions of the people in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,391 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

quokula wrote: »
    Pouring from a distance

523219.png

Is that Bane :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

In the case of the Dublin situation, the person who took the video expressed concern over what was happening and over their safety because of that.

I think common decency is keeping distance, not socially gathering, having a sense of responsibility for our actions and not engaging in reckless behaviour.

The people in Berlin and the **** at the golf outing flouted common decency.

Both are disgusting. Both should be looked down upon. The ministers are guilty of a higher level of hypocrisy but that in no way excuses the actions of the people in Berlin.

When we start holding all the powerful people in Ireland and around the world to account for bringing this death and destruction upon us, I might (just might) register a small protest sentence against a couple of ordinary, private individuals for dancing. It wont include harassing or threatening them though as part of a hysterical mob.

When we start holding all the powerful people in Ireland and around the world to account for bringing this death and destruction upon us, I might (just might) register a small protest sentence against a couple of ordinary, private individuals for dancing. It wont include harassing or threatening them though as part of a hysterical mob.

Cool.

I'll just judge individuals, regardless of their social status or their perceived place in society, by their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

wandererz wrote: »
    In the case of the Dublin situation, the person who took the video expressed concern over what was happening and over their safety because of that.

The person who took the video was the organiser...........

hynesie08 wrote: »

Who also laughably called out the government for ministers flouting recommendations.

She's a dose. They are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

pgj2015 wrote: »
    is that a gay bar? seemed pretty gay to me.

No, it's a bar named after the capital of Germany, Isherwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

hynesie08 wrote: »
    There's other video and interviews of a couple who were there who expressed fear of what was happening and left early.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's other video and interviews of a couple who were there who expressed fear of what was happening and left early.

There was a guy who ripped the organisers video to twitter and claimed it was theirs, and an interview with someone who was "in fear for their life" but I haven't seen any videos that weren't jess brennans.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The person recording attended a gathering organised by an influencer, so he himself is very much in the hypocritical wanker bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Anyone have a link to the video ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

silver2020 wrote: »

Should be good for an ‘access all areas’ pass in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭duffmann

There is a hotel in Galway that should be closed down too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Logic is sound by me.

I think our failure to protect the vulnerable earlier in the year has brought on some kind of weird displacement of guilt that manifests as peevishness toward non-vulnerable.
    We are wasting our time and resources. Protect the vulnerable instead. Try fight the war where the enemy really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Why is the poll result hidden?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

"The fact that the background music was from a band called The Killers added to the sense of abandon."

What a terrible sentence in what otherwise is a reasoned article. Journalists need to start drinking top shelf at lunch time as they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

dasdog wrote: »
    "The fact that the background music was from a band called The Killers added to the sense of abandon."

What a terrible sentence in what otherwise is a reasoned article. Journalists need to start drinking top shelf at lunch time as they used to.
    TBF, it is a f**king terrible song from a terrible band.
    I had initially no opinion of them until one weekend somebody I know had bought their latest album (maybe 3rd or 4th) and it was the most boring thing I had/have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well at least we finally got the result of the poll.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

dasdog wrote: »

Jay is sharing his troubles with the legend that is Barry Egan tomorrow in the Sindo; two of Dublin’s great twats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Who actually gives a sht.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who actually gives a sht.

The People, my friend.

Don’t like being dabbed in the clockweights by these handpumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Don't think it should be closed indefinitely but the licence should be withheld until the pandemic is over.

Advertisement