Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Berlin in Dame St be closed down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Nah.

Just not one rule for one and anther for the rest.

"Joyless dystopia" Calm down George Orwell

Joyless Dystopia sounds like a Joy Division outtake so I'm sorely tempted to like the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Is running a business when you're a disqualified director not a criminal offence?

Fairly obvious from your post that you don't understand that.

Nothing to stop you owning or being a manager in a business.

You just cannot make legal decisions or that a director makes or sign documents on behalf of the company.

In this case he rented out the premises for an event managed and controlled by someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Madeoface

Didn't that same tool of an owner want a statue of himself erected in the city some years back?

Mind you the globe was a cracking pub in the late1990's. This place however looks like a nonsense palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

He was banned for 7 years the ban has passed I think so he's now free to run a business badly again..... did he ever pay his former employee the €50,000 awarded to her by the courts or was it the labour court ? ?
    No it hasn't, it's until August 2024 according to https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/jay-bourke-has-disqualification-extended-to-7-years-1.3157901

So if he's running this place, he is guilty of a criminal offense under section 160 of the Companies Act and the ODCE should investigate.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Fairly obvious from your post that you don't understand that.

Nothing to stop you owning or being a manager in a business.

You just cannot make legal decisions or that a director makes or sign documents on behalf of the company.

In this case he rented out the premises for an event managed and controlled by someone else
    Spoofing yet again.
    A person who is disqualified cannot act as an auditor, director or other officer, receiver, liquidator or examiner or be in any way, whether directly or indirectly, concerned or take part in the promotion, formation or management of any company or society registered under the Industrial Provident Societies Acts 1893 to 1978."

And going on morning Ireland to defend the business isn't a promotion of the company? Come off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yep some self described Instagram model and influencer called Jess Brennan organised it and has other boozy brunches upcoming. She took a lot of flak on Twitter yesterday and made her Instagram account private too.

This is her

jessb1-640x640.jpg

She has an onlyfans too I'm led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Where are her next party’s taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Haha I love the cuddly toy on the bed...

Anyway I can understand that younger people are getting a bit sick of all this Corona stuff but this has to be part of 'how to break Corona restrictions in the tackiest possible way' competition. And I bet they thought how cool they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

brucky wrote: »
    Where are her next party’s taking place?

Calling all hairy hole auldfellas....best sandals and white socks bring your own ham sambos...

I think she'd be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Spoofing yet again.
    A person who is disqualified cannot act as an auditor, director or other officer, receiver, liquidator or examiner or be in any way, whether directly or indirectly, concerned or take part in the promotion, formation or management of any company or society registered under the Industrial Provident Societies Acts 1893 to 1978."

And going on morning Ireland to defend the business isn't a promotion of the company? Come off it.
    No.

Certainly not in the legal sense of the act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

yep some self described Instagram model and influencer called Jess Brennan organised it and has other boozy brunches upcoming. She took a lot of flak on Twitter yesterday and made her Instagram account private too.

This is her

jessb1-640x640.jpg

Looks weirdly CGI-ed.

Wouldn't have thought this was a real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Looks weirdly CGI-ed.

Wouldn't have thought this was a real person.

Yep. Looks like a still taken from GTA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

A what now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Is an Instagram model anyone who has a picture on Instagram....

A what now?

One of them new yokes on t'interwebs.

No.

Certainly not in the legal sense of the act.
    https://www.mccannfitzgerald.com/knowledge/company-secretarial-and-compliance/a-director-by-another-name-the-de-facto-director

Anyway I hope and encourage the ODCE to investigate him, particularly given the track record before this.

Yep. Looks like a still taken from GTA

Rooms a bit chilly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Using the premises liquor licence. Which inherently introduces a responsibility.

ODCE are likely to be watching this with interest; seeing as they appealed his initial disqualification as too lenient.

I couldn't see my parents for four ****ing months because I'm an essential worker, and every second of that is cancelled out dozens of times over because of these absolute bellends.

Close it down with everybody who was in the video still inside, and pave the ****ing place over.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Rooms a bit chilly.

Ventilation is important to stop the virus spreading.

Dr Gabriel Scally said so only this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This is her

Here she is coming back from the shops.

Trash Fash hun xoxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Gotta laugh at the dozy slappers with the masks on.
    Look like classy ladies.
    Jeez I was expecting some right states - instead they are two girls not behaving any differently to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A quick google tells me that for only $30 a month subscription I can watch Jess Brennan on her Onlyfans account where she offers content "too raunchy for Instagram" :rolleyes:. So thats that confirmed, shes a stripper who organises piss ups.

I wonder about these boozy brunches and everyone getting thrashed on shots at two o'clock in the afternoon. Im all for a piss up but getting wankered in the early afternoon wouldnt be my thing. What do these kids do then, keep on the razz from 2pm into the early hours? It definitely sounds like copious amounts of coke would be needed to sustain that kind of drinking, no wonder one of the lads in the video was wearing sunglasses indoors, probably had big coke eyes on him that he was trying to hide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I couldn’t give two sh*ts what people do as long as they wear masks in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

We are turning into a country of hysterical Karen’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Irishman80 wrote: »
    We are turning into a country of hysterical Karen’s.

Ah p1ss off.

Places that are bending over backwards to be safe and responsible to earn a few quid and keep a business going are simply being shafted by kips like this doing whatever the f*ck they like. Everyone involved in that event are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

The sale and consumption of alcohol should be banned in all pubs and restaurants but they should all be allowed to open to sell soft drinks/coffee/food etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ah p1ss off.

No, I won’t. Just read back over the thread and listen to yourselves. A bunch of hysterical Karens.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    Places that are bending over backwards to be safe and responsible to earn a few quid and keep a business going are simply being shafted by kips like this doing whatever the f*ck they like. Everyone involved in that event are a disgrace.

No, they are been shafted by hysterical Karens who have lost all reasoning ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Irishman80 wrote: »
    No, I won’t. Just read back over the thread and listen to yourselves. A bunch of hysterical Karens.

No, they are been shafted by hysterical Karens who have lost all reasoning ability.

Are you so impressed by your ability to master any moronic social media insults that you had to use it twice just to make a point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Is this premises still open?

Advertisement