Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine tenants evicted from north Dublin property by men in masks and dark clothing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

I don't know the full story, nor am I claiming to. No one does yet. This guy is an expert who knows it all apparently, including the legal status of the letting, allegations of squatting, littering etc.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

No offence but if you do not know the full story, then why call other posts BS.

I'm not saying the post you were responding to is true but this is a public forum. Calling a post BS without knowing for sure is pretty poor form and just contributes to the misinformation

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting new development, some have said Gardai were not actively involved in the eviction, I felt they were, as per Lear video footage, now the policing authority as joined the fray and I quote "it looks like Gardai were actively engaged in the eviction, based on various video's circulating on social media.

So,

Deputy commissioner wants a report

Garda investigation into Alleged criminal damage

Police Authority now involved

Legal opinion does not support the action taken

Still no evidence of a court order

Bailiffs had no identification and certainly served no notice of eviction, both required.

This is not quite how the landlord wanted this turn out.....

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Gatling wrote: »
    Wonder if any of them has produced their leases and there rtb letter saying the tenancy is registered

Colorful ex landlord did not register building with RTB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

Dempo1 wrote:
    Bailiffs had no identification and certainly served no notice of eviction, both required.

If someone broke into your house and took it over, would you serve a notice of eviction?

No one knows if the residents were tenants or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

The Garda was upholding the Law. That’s all they can do. They obviously have seen all the relevant paperwork and court decisions. We haven’t. There’s always two sides to a story.

It doesnt look like the Irish Policing Authority agree with you that the all the Gardai were doing was upholding the law.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0815/1159344-dublin-eviction/

523069.png

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Interesting new development, some have said Gardai were not actively involved in the eviction, I felt they were, as per Lear video footage, now the policing authority as joined the fray and I quote "it looks like Gardai were actively engaged in the eviction, based on various video's circulating on social media.

So,

Deputy commissioner wants a report

Garda investigation into Alleged criminal damage

Police Authority now involved

Legal opinion does not support the action taken

Still no evidence of a court order

This is not quite how the landlord wanted this turn out.....

The Gardai were there at the request of the tenants.

dubrov wrote: »
    If someone broke into your house and took it over, would you serve a notice of eviction?

No one knows if the residents were tenants or not.

Bizzare, are you admitting they broke in? Equally no one one knows if they were not lawful tenant.

My issue is not tenancies, my issue is what occurred and how this eviction ever took place without it seems legal authority. Are we as a society to accept any landlord, bank can engage hooded thugs to enter our property without due process, I hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Bizzare, are you admitting they broke in? Equally no one one knows if they were not lawful tenant.

My issue is not tenancies, my issue is what occurred and how this eviction ever took place without it seems legal authority. Are we as a society to accept any landlord, bank can engage hooded thugs to enter our property without due process, I hope not

But it isn't your property.
    It appears they may be squatters. If I broke into your house and started living there, what would you do.

From my own viewing of the video, it appears that the fella at the door has provided documentation to the Gardai to demonstrate that the tenants shouldn't be there. The Gardai in the video aren't at all burring their opinions - they're making it very clear that the tenants should be gone, and I doubt they'd be so stern if they didn't have something to base that on.

I presume the house was owned by a bank, and got auctioned off or such, and the new owner (chap in the video, it seems) wants them out so he can do it up and rent it out or sell it on (and he is rightly entitled to do so).

It's very difficult to side with the tenants here (based on the video, and online commentary about the damage they seem to have done) when they seem to be perhaps just ignoring the landlord and being abusive in the hopes that he will just go away (putting him on facebook when he tried to give notice?). I also wish they wouldn't play up to the Ali G stereotype and pull the 'is it cos I'm black?' card, but I'm assuming they may have thought that them being black, in the middle of the whole 'black lives' situation playing out in the news, they might have felt a landlord would be afraid to act on an eviction in that climate, for fear of being labelled a racist or such..?

But it isn't your property.
    It appears they may be squatters. If I broke into your house and started living there, what would you do.

This is open to debate, all that is certain is some residents were there for 3/7 years and paying rent, what's at issue is the entire incident, eviction, damage, garda involvement etc.

If if it was my property and squatters entered, I am obligated to follow lawful means to evict them and yes its not cheap but again, I state it is outrageous to assume anyone can behave in this manner, let's assume legal tenancies were in place and from what reported new landlord didn't bother to check, at a minimum tenants are entitled to reasonable notice, this landlord whomever they are was intent on turfing these people onto the street, squatters, legal tenants, they didn't care and to confirm their intentions, lads wreck the place while your at it seems to be what was encouraged , it's disgusting, outrageous and unacceptable and likely, and I say likely only, to be proven to be an illegal act.

• Advertisement

This is open to debate, all that is certain is some residents were there for 3/7 years and paying rent, what's at issue is the entire incident, eviction, damage, garda involvement etc.

If if it was my property and squatters entered, I am obligated to follow lawful means to evict them and yes its not cheap but again, I state it is outrageous to assume anyone can behave in this manner, let's assume legal tenancies were in place and from what reported new landlord didn't bother to check, at a minimum tenants are entitled to reasonable notice, this landlord whomever they are was intent on turfing these people onto the street, squatters, legal tenants, they didn't care and to confirm their intentions, lads wreck the place while your at it seems to be what was encouraged , it's disgusting, outrageous and unacceptable and likely, and I say likely only, to be proven to be an illegal act.

If it was an illegal eviction, the owner deserves to have the book thrown at them. If they were squatters, throw them out on the spot!
    We only have he said -she said. It was said they were given no notice, but them it came out they were spoken to last week and it went on facebook.

Is it any wonder that the guys wore masks. Trial by facebook. It will come out what transpired, but I ignore the headlines about an inquiry has been ordered. That would be par of the course anyway and nothing can be taken from that.

As for the different groups facilitating the re-entry, more gobshi**s, they are hardly independent and some of them are self appointed "champions of the tenant"

We just dont know, but it will come out.

There is the tenants truth, the owners truth and the (hopefully) soon to be discovered, real truth.

If it was an illegal eviction, the owner deserves to have the book thrown at them. If they were squatters, throw them out on the spot!
    We only have he said -she said. It was said they were given no notice, but them it came out they were spoken to last week and it went on facebook.

Is it any wonder that the guys wore masks. Trial by facebook. It will come out what transpired, but I ignore the headlines about an inquiry has been ordered. That would be par of the course anyway and nothing can be taken from that.

As for the different groups facilitating the re-entry, more gobshi**s, they are hardly independent and some of them are self appointed "champions of the tenant"

We just dont know, but it will come out.

There is the tenants truth, the owners truth and the (hopefully) soon to be discovered, real truth.

Agreed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

..., all that is certain is some residents were there for 3/7 years and paying rent, ...

How do we know that for certain?

beauf wrote: »
    How do we know that for certain?

The solicitor representing 2 of the tenants

OK, that's it, night all :)

The solicitor representing 2 of the tenants

OK, that's it, night all :)
    Wouldnt be the first solicitor to be mislead by their clients.
    As is said in open court:
    "My clients have asked me to say......."

Doesnt mean it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I just looked at the twitter video of them interacting with the gardai and the bailiffs

They were screaming and ranting loudly at high pitch for the entire video

I lost all sympathy when they started the “this is because we are black” routine.

No need for that and in fact it completely weakens their argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Wouldnt be the first solicitor to be mislead by their clients.
    As is said in open court:
    "My clients have asked me to say......."

Doesnt mean it is true

doesn't make it untrue either.
    i would expect that a solicitor will have a very good idea from what the client says, and any other information that comes out, as to the legality or not of what happened.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I just looked at the twitter video of them interacting with the gardai and the bailiffs

They were screaming and ranting loudly at high pitch for the entire video

I lost all sympathy when they started the “this is because we are black” routine.

No need for that and in fact it completely weakens their argument.

I agree. But that is the standard cry now, a lot of the time it is false. I already flagged that and also the new cry "I cannot breathe"

On post 91 of this thread I was slated as saying this, see below.

Unfortunately, that is the new cry as seen here. They think they are untouchable.
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/video-shows-kid-screaming-i-18562118

Perhaps the outrage is dying down now.

Can someone explain to me how the eviction notice being posted on facebook is supposed to work? Where does it get posted exactly? And how are tenants reasonably expected to see it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bikerman2019 viewpost.gif
    As for the end comment, "it is because we are black", I thought that was an old cry, was it not changed to "I cannot breath"!

****ing vile remark.

(17) thanks from:
    Brendan Filone, charlietheminxx, Cheensbo, Deebles McBeebles, dundalkfc10, end of the road, FionnK86, jam_mac_jam, Kh1993, markfinn, PrettyBoy, return guide, SchrodingersCat, Sudden Valley, teddyhead, zanador,
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

doesn't make it untrue either.
    i would expect that a solicitor will have a very good idea from what the client says, and any other information that comes out, as to the legality or not of what happened.

Just because the solicitor is told this, or told to say this, does not mean it is true. There are multiple cases of bogey court cases which are thrown out and the solicitor "has no idea" they were chancers.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bailiffs had no identification and certainly served no notice of eviction,

Claimed no proof or wasn't served and no evidence they had no ID,

Isn't it funny 9 individuals but only one highly edited video showing part of an interaction ,the squatters rang police making various claims when gardai arrived on scene they realised what the squatters claimed in the 999 calls didn't Match and they stood units down .

Hopefully the rightful owner goes to the high court on Monday for another court order and injunction stopping anyone from breaking into their property , wasn't the guy who broke into the property after it was secured publicly identified

• Advertisement

Claimed no proof or wasn't served and no evidence they had no ID,

Isn't it funny 9 individuals but only one highly edited video showing part of an interaction ,the squatters rang police making various claims when gardai arrived on scene they realised what the squatters claimed in the 999 calls didn't Match and they stood units down .

Hopefully the rightful owner goes to the high court on Monday for another court order and injunction stopping anyone from breaking into their property , wasn't the guy who broke into the property after it was secured publicly identified
    Dont forget the current claims that the gardai were there to oversee the illegal eviction.....
    https://www.facebook.com/dublincentralhousingaction/photos/a.518977584919627/1848222008661838/?type=3&theater

Dont forget the current claims that the gardai were there to oversee the illegal eviction.....

They should be charged with wasting gardai time,
    They called 999 asking for urgent assistance ,but some how the gardai assisted with an eviction

They should be charged with wasting gardai time

If it does turn out it was illegal, then so be it. Throw the book at the owner. However, it they are glorified squatters, feck them out, and include all the goody2shoes supporters who backed them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Another main headline on the story today.

It looks like the Policing Authority and Deputy Garda Commissioners office have come across the videos and other articles online.

523089.png

It looks like the Policing Authority and Deputy Garda Commissioners office have come across the videos and other articles online.

523089.png

Normal procedure.

Old news that was this morning .

Commission wants to know why gardai were at the scene ? because the squatters rang 999 and and made a load of Bogus claims , several units rushed to the scene only to realise that there was no reason to be there ,

The squatters rang them.

(Would this be news if the squatters weren't Africans)

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    Security firm linked to the UDA,this time it seems

Source?

Normal procedure.
    Indeed. An urgent review of what happened.......

So, the current claim is the owners notified gardai it was going to happen. Tenants rang 999 and gardai attended thinking it was kicking off.

Gardai found it wasn't so stood back to monitor the situation.

It has now been twisted to say the gardai supervised it.

Of course there is going to be an investigation. Hopefully it will sort out and name the shisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Someone (anyone) really needs give them a bloody nose over this carry on

Not surprised considering the Garda Commissioner's background.

• Advertisement

Someone (anyone) really needs give them (and kbc) a bloody nose over this carry on
    Where did you get that? Are you sure it is correct? There are lots of other false claims here.

Advertisement