Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine tenants evicted from north Dublin property by men in masks and dark clothing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Beholders wrote: »
    Just after watching the video, it a appears that one of the guys does have the Irish flag on wrongly, but it is only one of the guys, (ie it is the same person, that you cited twice in your stills) probably a misprinted security T-shirt uniform. Everyone else is wear what appear to be security uniforms with the flag the correct way, and using masks as we have being asked to do, when entering a crowded indoor place. So the headline that the Irish Times used is a little bit misleading.

Their is though two things that peeked my interest in the video, well three actually.
    Firstly the guy standing behind the female Garda, states that I have given you due warning, I posted it up on facebook. (I'm not quoting it directly but given the jest of what I heard).
    He says "I" so is he the landlord or the person who responsible for this eviction, he does appear to be a someone that may have some answers (ie directly to what is happening with the eviction)
    He also mentions "facebook" is social media actually considered an exceptionable and reliable way to inform someone of a illegal document. (I know if it was me, I probably wouldn't see it for about 2 weeks, although I am on facebook, I don't log in that much)

Lastly at the end of the video, the man keeps pushing this document towards the Garda, from his POV (point of view) and just before the video ends, he says that this is all he has received (I'm paraphrasing here) indicating the document) is this a document that he just received or has he had it for a couple of days?

Anyway, I'm with a lot of other posters, I think there is a communication breakdown somewhere, Tenets - Carer Tenet of property - Old Landlord - New Landlord - Bank, and probably someone was up to no good and keeping the cash, but again that is just my opinion, and I think it may all come out in the next couple of days. I do think that it is quite bad and sensationalized reporting though by the Irish Times. Only time will tell.

I'm still very curious of the person who stated "I" in my first point of the video, if I was working for a company or in conjunction with other people I would have state "We"

Sorry the video is here for people to make up their own minds https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-eviction-5175006-Aug2020/

He didn't say he put the notice on Facebook. He says ' I gave you 7 days and you put me on Facebook'. I assume he came round to give notice and they put it on video and stuck it up on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

He didn't say he put the notice on Facebook. He says ' I gave you 7 days and you put me on Facebook'. I assume he came round to give notice and they put it on video and stuck it up on Facebook.

Sorry you are right, I just re-watched it and that is what he said, so yep my apologies for that, and thank you for making that clear. I'm still assuming the guy we are talking about, must be the head of the security firm, or the land lord, I'm assuming he actually owns the security firm, just for the way he uses "I" rather than "We". But anyway that is just an opinion.

The other thing I curious of is I think one of the tenants said they where living their since 2012, shouldn't they have being given 6 months notice rather than 7 days as in regard to RTB website https://www.rtb.ie/ending-a-tenancy/how-a-landlord-can-end-a-tenancy/landlords-grounds-for-ending-a-tenancy. Or am I wrong? This is an honest question, as it has bothered me from the get go.

Edited I'm reading RTB (Residential Tenancies Board) in more detail, and can see possibilities in section 1 and 2, particularly 2 to evict someone, but not without due notice which isn't 7 days, the shortest period is 28 days, if a tenant has being living in said house/apartment for more than 6 months, so where is this 7 days coming from? Is it section 1? is it down to tenants - pay the carer tenant - pays old landlord - pays new landlord - pays bank. (Contracted broken somewhere)There must have being a breakdown in communication somewhere. I hope it's worked out in the next couple of days cause it a chain of payment open to abuse, that leaves both tenant and landlord financially vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I'd love to see them do this to the squatters in one of the houses in my estate. We'd offer the evictors cake and biscuits.

I’m sure if you name the estate people will take you up on that .

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Beholders wrote: »
    Just after watching the video, it a appears that one of the guys does have the Irish flag on wrongly, but it is only one of the guys, (ie it is the same person, that you cited twice in your stills) probably a misprinted security T-shirt uniform. Everyone else is wear what appear to be security uniforms with the flag the correct way, and using masks as we have being asked to do, when entering a crowded indoor place. So the headline that the Irish Times used is a little bit misleading.

Their is though two things that peeked my interest in the video, well three actually.
    Firstly the guy standing behind the female Garda, states that I have given you due warning, I posted it up on facebook. (I'm not quoting it directly but given the jest of what I heard) https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-eviction-5175006-Aug2020/

No, two guys was correct originally. If you check the video again, at 0.50 we see one of the stout lads passes the camera man into the back of the house. No other goons pass the cameraman until another tall one appears at the door to enter at 1.26. Both stitched in their flags the wrong way around. The tall one is in the doorway below.

523035.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

Why did they even stitch flags to their uniforms by the way?

I mean I can't see ANY logic to it unless they were trying to send a message to the African tenants?

It is just so weird that they stitched the flags on... maybe they were trying to make it look like they were a state agency though. I dont know.

• Advertisement

Instead of being worth half a million before being done up!

Are you saying that the house that the eviction was in was worth half a million?

I mean I can't see ANY logic to it unless they were trying to send a message to the African tenants?

It is just so weird that they stitched the flags on... maybe they were trying to make it look like they were a state agency though. I dont know.

I guess they were trying to distance themselves from the last big controversial eviction in Roscommon, where is was alleged that the goons were Loyalists from Northern Ireland.

It would appear that the flags on the sweat shirts are green, white and gold, while those on the tee-shirts are gold, white and green. Obviously a mistake by the machinist. Nothing else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

I guess they were trying to distance themselves from the last big controversial eviction in Roscommon, where is was alleged that the goons were Loyalists from Northern Ireland.

That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Flegs

• Advertisement

That makes sense.
    Actually, what you suggested first could make sense too. There could be a few reasons that they stitched in the tricolours before the eviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It would appear that the flags on the sweat shirts are green, white and gold, while those on the tee-shirts are gold, white and green. Obviously a mistake by the machinist. Nothing else.

Simple stick on embroidered flags and someone stuck it on the wrong way.
    You can buy the exact same ones here

https://www.irishdecalproducts.com/collections/irish-embroidered-badges/products/embroidered-patch-eb67-tricolour-irish-flag

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Got to love the mentality ,

Illegal eviction , illegal , Racists ,your man From the homeless people said this.

But lads the flag is wrong oh bejayus feck the eviction the patch is wrong we protest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If that was the idea then it really backfired because the first thing I thought of when I saw the upside flag was 'loyalists' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Saw the eviction yesterday locals say they are squatting beside the house there is a shop used to be a piano shop years ago they had broken through the wall between house and shop, the place is in bits inside was before.
    The non EU nationals staying there where known for dumping rubbish around the street
    This was no legal letting and they did put up a fight
    They are back in now they have some big thug standing guard outside, the bank might as right this one off to the tax payer the building will remain a slum but let’s talk about the LL and bad bank to be media friendly

Such utter bullsh*t. Amazed that this amount of misinformation can be contained in one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting twists and turns developing, Gardai now launching an investigation in "CRIMINAL" damage and deputy commissioner seeking urgent report.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Interesting twists and turns developing, Gardai now launching an investigation in "CRIMINAL" damage and deputy commissioner seeking urgent report.

“Alleged” Criminal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

Such utter bullsh*t. Amazed that this amount of misinformation can be contained in one post.

Do you know it's BS and if so, what is the real story?

At most property owner damages own toilet ,

Why there resources being wasted on this ,

I see the so called tenant's are demanding the county council find them somewhere to live ,

Yes Garda, as I removed the front door with a crowbar, my mask fell off, leading me to trip, creating a large hole in a partition wall, as I attempted to gain my balance, I used a toilet to help in my ascent, unfortunately my weight caused the toilet to break in half, on leaving the room, my crowbar tipped against a glass pane causing it to smash. Destressed, I rested on a bed and sadly fell through it, I swear Garda
    , cross my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

How would you know it’s utter bullsh*t as you so charmingly phrase it?

dubrov wrote: »
    Do you know it's BS and if so, what is the real story?

I don't know the full story, nor am I claiming to. No one does yet. This guy is an expert who knows it all apparently, including the legal status of the letting, allegations of squatting, littering etc. :rolleyes:

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Saw the eviction yesterday locals say they are squatting beside the house there is a shop used to be a piano shop years ago they had broken through the wall between house and shop, the place is in bits inside was before.
    The non EU nationals staying there where known for dumping rubbish around the street
    This was no legal letting and they did put up a fight
    They are back in now they have some big thug standing guard outside, the bank might as right this one off to the tax payer the building will remain a slum but let’s talk about the LL and bad bank to be media friendly

I don’t know the full story either nor I can’t confirm a lot of what is in this post but this morning I rang someone who lives in the locality and they said it had basically become a squat over the last few years. His words were it has become a disgusting kip

He also mentioned the rubbish outside, people had complained of it blocking the common pathway and the smells and also the level of vermin and flies it attracted.

Gatling wrote: »
    At most property owner damages own toilet ,

Why there resources being wasted on this ,

I see the so called tenant's are demanding the county council find them somewhere to live ,

Resources are perhaps being put into this because to date, not an single expert looking at this as said a legal act took place, indeed even the organisation that represents landlords are distancing themselves from this appalling episode. I hold no truck for anyone not paying their rent but are we to accept this behaviour and not question it, some tenants had residency of over 7years and at the very least deserved notice not an absurd Facebook message saying your out. I'm still waiting for word on the court order directing eviction, doesn't apparently exist by all accounts.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Resources are perhaps being put into this because to date, not an single expert looking at this as said a legal act took place,

Most of the experts on Facebook and tony Flynn definitely no expert but no stranger to cases like this just ask the cash one who just wanted a big house,

There is a legal owner of the property ,and they have the right to take it back especially from people not entitled to be there ,

To much emphasis is being given to this sjw who don't want evictions of any kind in this country and everyone lives for free

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

I don't know the full story, nor am I claiming to. No one does yet. This guy is an expert who knows it all apparently, including the legal status of the letting, allegations of squatting, littering etc. :rolleyes:

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

I do know the area was there on the day they broke back in "that night"

The locals will tell you they throw there house hold waste black bags beside the DCC street bins eventually contents spill all over the street
    fact.
    They broke through the wall into vacant shop next door fact
    The place is a squat inside its in bits and a fire hazard.
    If you feel like helping them dont post here just go rescue them

I do know the area was there on the day they broke back in "that night"

The locals will tell you they throw there house hold waste black bags beside the DCC street bins eventually contents spill all over the street
    fact.
    They broke through the wall into vacant shop next door fact
    The place is a squat inside its in bits and a fire hazard.
    If you feel like helping them dont post here just go rescue them

I can confirm some of the details of this - I heard very similar from my contact this morning before I even read this post

My barbers sisters mate lives next door and she told me that ninjas broke in and ruined the place. Leo Varadkar was one of them. Fact.

I can confirm some of the details of this - I heard very similar from my contact this morning before I even read this post

Wonder if any of them has produced their leases and there rtb letter saying the tenancy is registered

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Most of the experts on Facebook and tony Flynn definitely no expert but no stranger to cases like this just ask the cash one who just wanted a big house,

There is a legal owner of the property ,and they have the right to take it back especially from people not entitled to be there ,

To much emphasis is being given to this sjw who don't want evictions of any kind in this country and everyone lives for free

Experts on Facebook?? Hmmm, that doesn't inspire me. Yes, landlords entitled to take back their property but there's a little thing called "lawfully" which appears ro be missing in this entire debacle and as regards people not being entitled to be there, I've heard nothing to suggest people were not there legally, if they were, I suggest 7 years would be extraordinary.

Advertisement