Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo States Sinn Fein Want Nothing To Do With Whites or Males

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

joeguevara wrote: »
    Do you have any examples of them doing this? Can’t stand Fine Gael but don’t think they do this.

They've been doing for a decade.

When you're in power and do bugger all to fix a serious problem, it's as good as telling people who need the problem fixed to "fuck off".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobody said it wasn’t but doesn’t mean white irish males should feel Guilty for the actions of colonists.

Never even mentioned it. I certainly don't. However that doesn't mean we can treat people poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bowie wrote: »
    Never even mentioned it. I certainly don't. However that doesn't mean we can treat people poorly.

Someone posted that white people should collectively feel guilty for the sins of the past. Just think it’s bs.

Tony EH wrote: »
    They've been doing for a decade.

When you're in power and do bugger all to fix a serious problem, it's as good as telling people who need the problem fixed to "fuck off".

Not the same thing And while i disagree I see where you are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

On Leo's tweet; his audacity in calling out race baiting is breath taking considering his civil service comment.

The man is a snake. He believes in nothing bar his own profile and his ambitions for high office in the EU.

• Advertisement

On Leo's tweet; his audacity in calling out race baiting is breath taking considering his civil service comment.

The man is a snake. He believes in nothing bar his own profile and his ambitions for high office in the EU.

I agree.

Do you also think the SF senator was race baiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I agree.

No. Race baiting only works when there's an appeal to power. She was referring to Roma and Travellers that do not wield power in this country.

smurgen wrote: »
    No. Race baiting only works when there's an appeal to power. She was referring to Roma and Travellers that do not wield power in this country.

And here is me thinking it’s the making of verbal attacks against members of a racial group. As per every definition.

I don’t ascribe to the philosophy that you can’t be racist against white people.

I agree.

Yes. Because travellers are also white. We're in northwestern europe, there's a lot of white folk about. It was a clumsy appeal to the trendy BLM zeitgeist - trying to drag toxic identity politics into irish public discourse just like Leo did. Reckless and unnecessary behaviour.

Yes. Because travellers are also white. We're in northwestern europe, there's a lot of white folk about. It was a clumsy appeal to the trendy BLM zeitgeist - trying to drag toxic identity politics into irish public discuss just like Leo did. Reckless and unnecessary behaviour.

Totally agree. She seems to be getting a pass though and everyone only discussing LV

• Advertisement

And here is me thinking it’s the making of verbal attacks against members of a racial group. As per every definition.

I don’t ascribe to the philosophy that you can’t be racist against white people.

The Cambridge dictionary describes race baiting as :"the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage". This is the very definition of what Varadkar did.

+1 collective guilt is an insidious doctrine worthy of the worst 20th century demagogues.

The Cambridge dictionary describes race baiting as :"the act of intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage". This is the very definition of what Varadkar did.

But you are saying that the SF didn’t.

I agreed that Lv was race baiting. So was she though.

There's no political advantage to speaking up for travellers or Roma most of the country has negative impressions of them.

No.
    She was trying and failing to use the white privilege angle.
    Ward dispensed with her well.

Leo claimed SF didn't like white people because he's an idiot looking for retweets and 'likes'. With possibly a case of the Brian Cowens.

There's no political advantage to speaking up for travellers or Roma most of the country has negative impressions of them.

: the making of verbal attacks against members of a racial group

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/race-baiting

No requirement for political advantage. That is your addition.

She was making a verbal attack against white males. Race baiting defined.

No.
    Ward dispensed with her well.

Leo claimed SF didn't like white people because he's an idiot looking for retweets and 'likes'. With possibly a case of the Brian Cowens.

Attacking white males is race baiting, verbal attack against a racial group.

No.
    That's race baiting in my book. Unnecessarily bringing race into an argument for inflammatory effect.

Are you saying he'd had one or two shandys??!

Attacking white males is face baiting

:D

• Advertisement

Attacking white males is race baiting, verbal attack against a racial group.

She wasn't. She was saying white middle class males like Ward can't understand what its like to be from a minority. She made a balls of it but she certainly wasn't attacking white males.
    Do you know what its like to be a black woman? She had a point just blew the delivery.

Leo was trying to put a spin on it like a thick.

Are you saying he'd had one or two shandys??!

I'm saying its possible. Or maybe he's just a gilly 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I believe his Netflix subscription expired. He's living by his wits ;)

Well half of them anyway

She wasn't. She was saying white middle class males like Ward can't understand what its like to be from a minority. She made a balls of it but she certainly wasn't attacking white males.
    Do you know what its like to be a black woman? She had a point just blew the delivery.

Yeah i'd concede (and hope) it was clumsy delivery more than anything else but she could clarify that...but no one in irish political life ever apologises unless they are dragged over the coals

That’s very interesting. I have rewatched he original video and I accept that she probably wasn’t race baiting. It definitely borders closely to it though as with her botched approach could be misconstrued as saying that white males opinions don’t matter. But you are definitely correct that she was coming from the point of view of ethnic minorities and how they are effected and I accept that i was incorrect.

That’s very interesting. I have rewatched he original video and I accept that she probably wasn’t race baiting. It definitely borders closely to it though as with her botched approach could be misconstrued as saying that white males opinions don’t matter. But you are definitely correct that she was coming from the point of view of ethnic minorities and how they are effected and I accept that i was incorrect.

She defo made a balls if it. All she had to say was these people are vulnerable or something.

She defo made a balls if it. All she had to say was these people are vulnerable or something.

If LV hadn’t said anything we would be discussing her making w boll1x of it, but all eyes on his fcuck up.

Well done lads, we hammered out our arguments and came to a reasonable consensus. A rare sight these days.

Well done lads, we hammered out our arguments and came to a reasonable consensus. A rare sight these days.

Hahah, fcuck the lot of ye. Someone must have hacked my account. Ah, no, it definitely should be the only way, if wrong I’m happy to accept it.

• Advertisement

If LV hadn’t said anything we would be discussing her making w boll1x of it, but all eyes on his fcuck up.

He went off on his own.
    Ward handled it, leo just looked the fool.

Advertisement