Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo States Sinn Fein Want Nothing To Do With Whites or Males

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo's obviously slipped his handlers, unscripted - the man clearly shouldn't be let next to near anything that can be aired publicly.

After you read the above, and before attempting smartarsery.....

Does anyone need the stats, ref the last election?
    He doesn't need handlers, not for another 2 years, and it's him taking the liberty to revive the old Leo routines. There's nobody on that side of the house who'd scold him for taking a pop at SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

tritium wrote: »
    I’m genuinely confused here As to your perspective . Politician singles out white males a s a group and you see it as an innocuous every day exchange. Poster singles out African youths and you call them out on it. Is identity politics ok or not ok in your view of things, since both of these are Arguably examples of that?

(Genuine question, I don’t actually know the details around the events in Balbriggan )

Welcome to the way Francie argues a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Pkiernan wrote: »
    He's right about SF wanting to shaft the middle class in favour of work shy layabouts.

It is clear, that Leo is trying to shift FG a bit more to the right and cement that demographic as their own, seeing as the left is so crowded already.
    SF can fight it out with the SD's, Labour, PBP, Solidarity, perhaps the Greens, and FF, while FG can claim a good chunk of middle Ireland as their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There are a few contested accounts but women weren't wholesale abducted to be sent to the laundries. They were largely sent there by their parents or committed by the state in lieu of other punishments among many other reasons.

There was lots wrong about the laundries but you shouldn't rewrite history to suit your narrative.

Torture inflicted on inmates.

https://www.thejournal.ie/magdalene-survivor-nuns-story-4056376-Jun2018/

Mass escape from one of the gulags.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/mass-escape-using-ladder-among-incidents-at-galway-magdalene-laundry-1.3687372

FFFG/Labour supported this terrorism.

But I guess that doesn't suit your narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The owner of the house has come out and said that wasn't gangs of any kind, let alone 'African gangs'. It was a home accident.

I'm not making any comment on the state of everything Balbriggan has going on, but that fire that was doing the rounds on Whatsapp is being used by people to push a narrative, and others should be aware of that. Sure one of the pics was at night-time, despite it still being bright out when I received them.

Have you a link to an interview/statement from the home owner? There was an electrical fire in a house in my estate on Saturday night. Strangely there wasn't a huge Garda presence. No riot vans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

He's keeping the Tainiste's seat warm for Mary Lou

Sarcasm or delusion

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The owner of the house has come out and said that wasn't gangs of any kind, let alone 'African gangs'. It was a home accident.

I'm not making any comment on the state of everything Balbriggan has going on, but that fire that was doing the rounds on Whatsapp is being used by people to push a narrative, and others should be aware of that. Sure one of the pics was at night-time, despite it still being bright out when I received them.

No , fingal against racism speaking on behalf of the owner have come out.

Kerosene tanks dont go on fire like they described , its a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

The only people claiming it was an accident is this "anti racism" group.

There are no references to it, or indeed to any statement from the house owner, anywhere other than their twitter feed, and some site I never heard of before which posted it.

Videos make it clear that violence preceded and followed the incident which some claim was started by a petrol bomb. Local talk is that it is part of feud between African drug dealers.

Another car was burned out on Tuesday evening.

Overheated battery maybe ???

• Registered Users Posts: 66,929 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tritium wrote: »
    I’m genuinely confused here As to your perspective . Politician singles out white males a s a group and you see it as an innocuous every day exchange. Poster singles out African youths and you call them out on it. Is identity politics ok or not ok in your view of things, since both of these are Arguably examples of that?

(Genuine question, I don’t actually know the details around the events in Balbriggan )

My comment on Leo is more to do with Leo wading into something in his size 14's rather than the politics of it.

My comment on the 'youths' was to highlight or ask why the fact they were African was significant. Youth misbehaviour - a problem since the world began really, given the right circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't get Varadkar at all. Before he was taoiseach he was saying all of the right things, about welfare fraud, about workers etc. Then when he got into the big seat he became mad Liberal, insufferably so, bumping welfare at every opportunity, gender quotas and punishing the folks that get up early in the morning.

Banging on about welfare fraud is a small time, mickey mouse, issue that really only appeals to insufferable ****.

Leo had to broaden his "message", so he became all things to everyone.

But, shock horror, he turned out to be disingenuous on every issue he's opened his mouth on, which is why a huge amount of the voting public no longer have any time for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Blaaz_ wrote: »
    Pretty dumb comment from varadkar.....id have taught with a relative battering shinners got over the shoes nonsense, he just let it play out

Instead he stuck the new e700 boot in,and has found himself on receiving end of critism(quite rightly,we dont need race based politics here)

Fashion boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

markodaly wrote: »
    It is clear, that Leo is trying to shift FG a bit more to the right and cement that demographic as their own, seeing as the left is so crowded already.
    SF can fight it out with the SD's, Labour, PBP, Solidarity, perhaps the Greens, and FF, while FG can claim a good chunk of middle Ireland as their own.

Its a good move long term, but hard to forget his last term in government and his need to appeal to the woke social media brigade.

He can't have it every way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Bowie wrote: »
    The civil service was 'very white', SF don't like white people. What a ****ing idiot.
    He's incapable of adult debate.
    He's saying we need more diversity then lying to rouse whitey.
    He made a tit of himself once again.

He is trolling a bit here, no doubt.

For the Lols as Mario Rosenstock.

Modern SF has a lot of very sanctimonious activists and pointing out that is going to get a traction with many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Must be the white man's fault for oppressing them.
    White lives dont matter

Quality. Leo's MAGA tweet works ;)
    joeguevara wrote: »
    It was the SF Senator talking rubbish that is the issue. Id see more of questioning of SF supporters on this one rather than FG supporters. She basiscally stated that white males have no clue what is really happening in the world.

She made an arse of herself. She was trying to say a white, male , middle class man doesn't know what it's like to be from a minority. She has a point IMO. She presented it very poorly.
    Ward shut her down very well.

Then Leo tried to tweet a funny and made a tit of himself. One week SF are racist. The next week they don't like white males. This from the man said the civil service was 'very white'. He's an idiot.

How would Boylan know what Travellers and black people and so on think or feel?

Is she like Mother Teresa of the oppressed or something?

Your woman Joyce I do have time for as know some of her family.

She earned what she has against considerable internal and external pressures on traveller women, so fair play.

Don't share her politics, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I was just quoting Professor Priyamvada Gopal of Cambridge University

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

She made an arse of herself. She was trying to say a white, male , middle class man doesn't know what it's like to be from a minority. She has a point IMO. She presented it very poorly.
    Ward shut her down very well.

Then Leo tried to tweet a funny and made a tit of himself. One week SF are racist. The next week they don't like white males. This from the man said the civil service was 'very white'. He's an idiot.

I agree with you. with regards to her making an ar53 of herself and Leo making a t1t of himself. Politicians should protect minorities and assist them in any way that I can but in this instance it was irrelevant and actually downright distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You sure?

They voted FFFG/Lab for years while those parties allowed the terrorists in the RC church to abduct women and kept them enslaved in gulags.

Suppose your right, the militant wing of Sinn Féin would just abduct women, shoot them in the back of the head and Bury them in an unmarked grave on some beach.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Bonniedog wrote: »
    How would Boylan know what Travellers and black people and so on think or feel?

Is she like Mother Teresa of the oppressed or something?

Your woman Joyce I do have time for as know some of her family.

She earned what she has against considerable internal and external pressures on traveller women, so fair play.

Don't share her politics, of course!

Lynn is nice but the saviour complex is big.

SF make no mistake about it are a serious threat to FFG the next election. Young and middle aged Irish virtue signalers and newly arrived eh engineers and eh brain surgeons from the 3rd world are voting for them in droves already and only for a carefully organised pincer movement from FFG this time around they'd be in power right now.

Tell me more about all these third world arrivals that are registered to vote

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The junkies and dealers roaming, stealing fighting on the streets of the Capital and my own town here in Dundalk (same in Drogheda) are not African kids

Dosnt matter what race they are, scum are scum

The Racists here are just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are they though? Racism = bad, obviously. But is it just as bad as beating, stabbing, robbing etc. One for the philosophers.

The junkies and dealers roaming, stealing fighting on the streets of the Capital and my own town here in Dundalk (same in Drogheda) are not African kids

Dosnt matter what race they are, scum are scum

ALL is the missing word.

And stop referring to them as "kids."

Nothing kiddish about arson, drug dealing, rape, mugging and so on.

As said many times; of course we have our own scum. That is no rationale for importing other peoples' scum.

If you had rats in your house, would you dump a box of cockraoches in as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Torture inflicted on inmates.

https://www.thejournal.ie/magdalene-survivor-nuns-story-4056376-Jun2018/

Mass escape from one of the gulags.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/mass-escape-using-ladder-among-incidents-at-galway-magdalene-laundry-1.3687372

FFFG/Labour supported this terrorism.

But I guess that doesn't suit your narrative.
    You said they were abducted. I said that apart from a few contested accounts for the vast majority of women in them this wasn't the case. The vast majority of women in there were sent there by their parents or committed by the state as an alternative punishment to prison among other reasons. I never excused what went on there so wind your neck in.

You need to be accurate with the language you use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Careful now.

If one demographic is expected to accept their collective failures then other demographics will have to do the same.
    Furthermore, if i'm guilty by association, then I can be proud by association ie: proud of the collective achievements of "white western males" and as we know, those achievements are many.

See where i'm going with this?

I think so, like a White Pride thing?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    ALL is the missing word.

And stop referring to them as "kids."

Nothing kiddish about arson, drug dealing, rape, mugging and so on.

As said many times; of course we have our own scum. That is no rationale for importing other peoples' scum.

If you had rats in your house, would you dump a box of cockraoches in as well?

Do we not vet everyone coming into Ireland the same way? If someone flies in from Uganda, Poland or Australia are they not subject to the same security?
    We shouldn't be importing scum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

It's Trendy now to denounce cancel culture and lefty's so Leo is on the right track....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Do we not vet everyone coming into Ireland the same way? If someone flies in from Uganda, Poland or Australia are they not subject to the same security?
    We shouldn't be importing scum.

I think most of these are children of people who arrived, you can't vet for future unborn children

Careful now.

If one demographic is expected to accept their collective failures then other demographics will have to do the same.
    Furthermore, if i'm guilty by association, then I can be proud by association ie: proud of the collective achievements of "white western males" and as we know, those achievements are many.

See where i'm going with this?

Not when one demographic holds the lion's share of the power and work's to keep that power.

I think this issue slipped past you. The majority set more systems in place than the minority. There was a time women had to protest for a vote, as did black people. Who's fault was that, equally white men, women, blacks?
    It was weighted too much one way, the white way for too long. Blacks aren't trying to take over they are looking to be treated like white people. Not above or better than.
    As the saying goes, '‘When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression’. People are fighting to be heard. They have been treated poorly and are speaking up about it.
    A TV company would say, 'Sorry we already have a black presenter'. That would never happen to a white person. Just an example off the top of my head.

As for achievments, I didn't know this until recently: "The light bulb itself was invented by Thomas Edison, but the innovation used to create longer-lasting light bulbs with a carbon filament came from African-American inventor Lewis Latimer". Written out. See where I'm going with this?

Good man Leo opening the debate for the down trodden :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think most of these are children of people who arrived, you can't vet for future unborn children

actually you can. Only allow in higher earning professionals and chances are their children will have discipline and be taught the value of morals and a good education. Obviously not everything set in stone but in general much better outcomes.

Advertisement