Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo States Sinn Fein Want Nothing To Do With Whites or Males

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

actually you can. Only allow in higher earning professionals and chances are their children will have discipline and be taught the value of morals and a good education. Obviously not everything set in stone but in general much better outcomes.[/QUOte

Plenty of rich kids don't have discipline, morals, or good education. They can get by on the "bank of Mommy and Daddy" as Leo once said. People from Rich backgrounds do well more often as they have advantages that people from poor backgrounds don't have.

An example. My girlfriend (Before we started dating) had to drop out of college as she could not cover the costs. She was working and got a small grant but not enough to cover everything. If she was from a rich background she would have her college degree now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Going back to where this stemmed from, WHAT the hell is Boylan on about with this "white male privilege"? Over 70% of her party are males....ALL of them white?!

Also, I don't know much about Barry Ward but I thought he spoke and answered very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Going back to where this stemmed from, WHAT the hell is Boylan on about with this "white male privilege"? Over 70% of her party are males....ALL of them white?!

Also, I don't know much about Barry Ward but I thought he spoke and answered very well.

Barry would have graduated Kings Inns in the same year as me. He is an excellent speaker and barrister. I was very impressed with how he spoke and he is being genuine in what he said about how he has represented all of the people he said.

Have you a link to an interview/statement from the home owner? There was an electrical fire in a house in my estate on Saturday night. Strangely there wasn't a huge Garda presence. No riot vans etc.

The only thing uttered by anyone speaking in any sort of official capacity is:
    The family have told me it was an electrical fire which accelerated when it hit their oil tank and exploded, they were at home at the time, and narrowly escaped with their lives

From here. Are you now claiming that this Dr simply made that quote up in an attempt to downplay the role of these "African" gangs in an arson attack? Really? A quote that could be dismissed in 5 seconds by the real owners coming out and saying "We never said that".

With regards to your estate, did that electrical fire set the entire house ablaze, and pose the very real threat of setting the terrace alight? Were there hordes of people rubbernecking the blaze, posing a danger to themselves and the emergency services?

Now, have you a link to an interview/statement from anyone saying that it was a petrol bomb thrown by a gang of black lads? If all you have to go on is a randomer on a fcuking whatsapp message and you're choosing to believe that over a Dr who's essentially risking their own career by making up quotes, then you need to reevaluate your position.
    No , fingal against racism speaking on behalf of the owner have come out.

Kerosene tanks dont go on fire like they described , its a lie

I never saw a video of a tank on fire. I did see a video of a house engulfed in flames. Are you really trying to say that tanks of kerosene, which used to be known as paraffin and is a highly combustible material, cannot cause a fire which could spread like that?
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    Videos make it clear that violence preceded and followed the incident which some claim was started by a petrol bomb. Local talk is that it is part of feud between African drug dealers.

So, nothing but a bunch of hearsay and gossip-mongering.......easily dismissed, then wouldn't you agree? Also, who's claiming it was a petrol bomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Self indulgent pomposity is the short answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

To be fair, she wasn't really going on about white male privilege as the yanks would say it, rather she was pointing out that interactions between minority groups and various authorites can go very differently to how Barry Ward (who is not from a minority group) would deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

How would Boylan know what Travellers and black people and so on think or feel?

Is she like Mother Teresa of the oppressed or something?

Your woman Joyce I do have time for as know some of her family.

She earned what she has against considerable internal and external pressures on traveller women, so fair play.

Don't share her politics, of course!

Vaginas are magic. The minute you are a middle class woman you magically know oppression.
    Not like middle class men.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    To be fair, she wasn't really going on about white male privilege as the yanks would say it, rather she was pointing out that interactions between minority groups and various authorites can go very differently to how Barry Ward (who is not from a minority group) would deal with it.

She was trying to amend legislation which would make it more difficult to enforce based on her own perceived prejudices. It was exactly as how this whole white privilege debate is in the US. 'You shouldn't have an opinion because you are white'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

actually you can. Only allow in higher earning professionals and chances are their children will have discipline and be taught the value of morals and a good education. Obviously not everything set in stone but in general much better outcomes.

I think your confusing 'morals' with lack of opportunity. Why mug a granny when you can embezzle a pension fund?
    How many immigrants do you know of gave their pal a cushy government job?
    Not saying they wouldn't be capable of same but it's not a simple case of morals. Many poor people live honest lives. Why give high earning professionals a chance and not people who need it more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Bowie wrote: »
    Not when one demographic holds the lion's share of the power and work's to keep that power.

I think this issue slipped past you. The majority set more systems in place than the minority. There was a time women had to protest for a vote, as did black people. Who's fault was that, equally white men, women, blacks?

When did women or black people have to protest for a vote in the Republic of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

https://home.kpmg/ie/en/home/insights/2020/01/personal-tax-policies-contained-in-general-election-2020-manifestos.html

Not that much difference between SF and other parties on tax, bar SF hit the earners over 140k. Don't think many boards posters will be affected tbh... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

gourcuff wrote: »
    https://home.kpmg/ie/en/home/insights/2020/01/personal-tax-policies-contained-in-general-election-2020-manifestos.html

Not that much difference between SF and other parties on tax, bar SF hit the earners over 140k. Don't think many boards posters will be affected tbh... :)

there's hardly any difference between any of the parties in Dáil.

They could all be comfortably members of any centre-left or centre-right party. Even the trots!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Leo is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Not when one demographic holds the lion's share of the power and work's to keep that power etc etc
    Listen, if you want to take on the sins of your fathers, that's your affair. I won't be doing it. You can keep your drivelling pieties and self flagellation to yourself, i'm not buying.

Edit: when you say one demographic holds the lions share of the power, you mean a tiny fraction of a percent of one demographic. I'm no more responsible for that than i am for the sky being blue. And this tiny fraction of a percent CURRENTLY hold this power. One day, sooner than we think, it will be a tiny fraction of a percent of the Chinese government...and how do you think minorities and the downtrodden will fare then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

there's hardly any difference between any of the parties in Dáil.

They could all be comfortably members of any centre-left or centre-right party. Even the trots!

This x 100. We are the bigger fools for facilitating the facade that purports them to be different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Limpy wrote: »
    Leo is racist.

He so deeply wants us to be at the very least. A **** stirrer of the worst kind.

Listen, if you want to take on the sins of your fathers, that's your affair. I won't be doing it. You can keep your drivelling pieties and self flagellation to yourself, i'm not buying.

It's more about fixing how we work as a society. Guilt suggests it's because of the past, it's happening now. Empathy would help solve it.

It's more about fixing how we work as a society. Guilt suggests it's because of the past, it's happening now. Empathy would help solve it.

Ireland is the last country that should be guilty of the sims of other white privileged countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

FG wants nothing to do with young people who don't own their own homes. I'd rather take my chances with a party that doesn't tell young people desperate for housing to go f*ck themselves at every single opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Too many white people in the civil service.

*Few weeks later.*

Sinn Fein don't want votes from middle class white males.

*12 hrs later*

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293843949690462208?s=19

What will it be tonight? Suspense is killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The only thing uttered by anyone speaking in any sort of official capacity is:

From here. Are you now claiming that this Dr simply made that quote up in an attempt to downplay the role of these "African" gangs in an arson attack? Really? A quote that could be dismissed in 5 seconds by the real owners coming out and saying "We never said that".

With regards to your estate, did that electrical fire set the entire house ablaze, and pose the very real threat of setting the terrace alight? Were there hordes of people rubbernecking the blaze, posing a danger to themselves and the emergency services?

Now, have you a link to an interview/statement from anyone saying that it was a petrol bomb thrown by a gang of black lads? If all you have to go on is a randomer on a fcuking whatsapp message and you're choosing to believe that over a Dr who's essentially risking their own career by making up quotes, then you need to reevaluate your position.

I never saw a video of a tank on fire. I did see a video of a house engulfed in flames. Are you really trying to say that tanks of kerosene, which used to be known as paraffin and is a highly combustible material, cannot cause a fire which could spread like that?

So, nothing but a bunch of hearsay and gossip-mongering.......easily dismissed, then wouldn't you agree? Also, who's claiming it was a petrol bomb?

It did set the house next door on fire. The house next to it is uninhabitable as the roof caved in. The next few houses down on either side were extensively smoke damaged. It’s a council estate and happened at about 7:30/8 pm, there were hordes of nosy neighbours and gangs of teenagers watching the fire. Still didn’t need multiple Garda cars, I believe one arrived later on, to take a statement from the lad who was in the house when it went up, but no riot vans.

Also, Dr Michael isn’t a GP or surgeon with a local reputation to protect. She’s a lefty looney with a doctorate in criminology who’s flat out on the diversity bandwagon.

FG wants nothing to do with young people who don't own their own homes. I'd rather take my chances with a party that doesn't tell young people desperate for housing to go f*ck themselves at every single opportunity.

Do you have any examples of them doing this? Can’t stand Fine Gael but don’t think they do this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

joeguevara wrote: »
    Do you have any examples of them doing this? Can’t stand Fine Gael but don’t think they do this.

The "Help to Buy" scheme is a doozy. Helps no-one other than property developers and those who could already afford to buy. And they or at least the other cheek of the arse have "improved" it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Gosh, when a housing minister describes co-living gussied up bedsits @1300 lids a month as an "exciting choice," you can't help but think that the press officers were struggling with the idea that "f*ck you young people" might actually be a more direct way to get the message across.

The "Help to Buy" scheme is a doozy. Helps no-one other than property developers and those who could already afford to buy. And they or at least the other cheek of the arse have "improved" it now.

So they don’t do anything that assists non home owners. Again, I can’t stand Fine Gael but I don’t see how they are only interested in homeowners

Yurt! wrote: »
    Gosh, when a housing minister describes co-living gussied up bedsits @1300 lids a month as an "exciting choice," you can't help but think that the press officers were struggling with the idea that "f*ck you young people" might actually be a more direct way to get the message across.

I have said that I can’t stand Fine Gael, but is that what you are basing the statement, that they only are interested and help homeowners in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He so deeply wants us to be at the very least. A **** stirrer of the worst kind.

He reminds me of Priti Patel in the UK. Another deplorable person who should know better. Devisive and downright nasty. The same woman who talked about starving the Irish to strengthen the UK's hand in Brexit negotiations a wolf whistle to the far right there. Despite her being of Indian heritage and Indians also suffering famine at the hands of the British.

Ireland is the last country that should be guilty of the sims of other white privileged countries.

We are responsible for how we treat minorities today. People wanting equality is fair enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Give him a break lads, the man had a tough time coming out to parents that he was a Fine Gaeler.

• Advertisement

We are responsible for how we treat minorities today. People wanting equality is fair enough IMO.

Nobody said it wasn’t but doesn’t mean white irish males should feel Guilty for the actions of colonists.

Advertisement