Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When will they [The Government] tell us the truth about Covid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

jackboy wrote: »
    A sick population means vast profits for pharmaceutical companies and their lackeys. That’s the theory.

So just to get this straight..

The large pharmaceutical companies have created the virus for profit? tanking the world's economy and severely hurting corporations all over the world, and they all just roll over and accept it?

Are they all oblivious to this incredible plan? Are all pharmaceutical companies in on it? if not, which ones aren't? (I am close friends with two pharmacists, would really like to know this one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Dohnjoe wrote: »

The large pharmaceutical companies have created the virus for profit? tanking the world's economy and severely hurting corporations all over the world, and they all just roll over and accept it?

Are they all oblivious to this incredible plan? Are all pharmaceutical companies in on it? if not, which ones aren't? (I am close friends with two pharmacists, would really like to know this one)

Get over yourself.

Don2012 wrote: »
    Exactly right.

Can you please provide details of this "plan"?

Same questions as above to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Can you elaborate thanks?

Pandemics have been a part of human history for god knows how long. But now we have people who start spouting all sorts of nonsense about them; masks weakening immune systems, how could there be a second wave etc
    Diseases are better understood and vaccines have been developed but yet the cranks somehow know better.
    It’s hard to know what drives this: monetary reasons, sense of things being out of their control, superiority complex due to thinking they know more than the sheeple, this knowledge making them think they are fighting “them”
    Roll on the vaccine and let these people abstain, less stupid genes getting spread around the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Answer immune system. Professionals and doctors should be promoting how to build the immune system and keeping healthy and strong.

When many people are asymptomatic, showing not even a cough or cold that obviously means that persons geneticS or DNA or blood type is stopping the virus before it takes hold. Science needs to figure out what is it about these people that makes them different and can we sequence an antibody or cure from it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Get over yourself.

Mod: Have a day's break from the thread, Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I though I already addressed your question on the Doctor's and professionals Conference video? Must have been one of your gang I answered. Anyway, I try and research and question things for myself and then I'll come up with my own conclusion. Those doctors like many others have spoken out and gave their opinion on all of this, why would I have any reason not to trust them? Or any other doctor or professor who has spoken out? Why is it only the one-sided viewpoint is allowed? And any other questions or concerns are disregarded? Just look at the daily briefings, they carefully choose the journalist and what questions they will ask because it cannot be outside the narrative. I do not trust those in power in this country, or the media and those they have put forward as "health official etc". I do believe Covid is a virus yes, not the deadly disease ridden one they are making it out to be though, what I don't believe is the whole farce that was created around it by media and politicans.

Conditioning people into complying with this new normal. I stopped one day in a supermarket, and just looked around me, it was like a horror movie, people avoiding going down aisles because another person was there or meeting someone face on and jumping back and avoiding them like they have a disease.
    None of this is normal behaviour, this is no way to live! Living in fear and hysteria created by the media. Life is for living not be under control and order by the government.

Lastly, I don't think I'm anything thank you very much. Well to be fair, it would be hard for anyone to agree with me on here, when they all seem to be part of the one gang and same mindframe.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret because you're new around here. See your resident "skeptics", they don't care about the issue or getting to the bottom of it or "truth" etc, all they care about is debating. You on one side, them on the other. Doesn't matter what topic. That's what gets new CTers confused and why the forum is so adversarial. Once you understand that you can decide who is worth discussing with and who is worth ignoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A vaccine = €€€€€€€ Wakey Wakey.

Get over yourself.

You made the claim vaccine = profits with nothing further on it. This is being questioned.

If your views can't stand up to some simple teasing out of info, they don't hold any ground.

Joshua J wrote: »
    I'm gonna let you in on a little secret because you're new around here. See your resident "skeptics", they don't care about the issue or getting to the bottom of it or "truth" etc, all they care about is debating. You on one side, them on the other. Doesn't matter what topic. That's what gets new CTers confused and why the forum is so adversarial. Once you understand that you can decide who is worth discussing with and who is worth ignoring.

It's about the truth, not petty tribalism. If this was posted in any other forum, it would be the same. If someone wants to make a claim, fine, but people have a right to ask questions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Don2012 wrote:
    I ask, why was the airports and ports never closed? If a deadly virus was here surely they would have been the first to close. No restrictions or procedures at airports either. Yet, pubs and house parties are being blamed for "cases rising" while they never closed the airports. This is deliberate so the pub culture in Ireland will cease to exist.

When gates gets enough money outta all of this!

People really are fcuking weird on the Internets!

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »
    Pandemics have been a part of human history for god knows how long.

Yes that's true however in this case we know there was a lab in Wuhan experimenting with bat viruses. Researchers who investigated the Wet Market said no bat got sold there to eat. The closest cousin to covid 19 came from a cave in Yunnan. Leaks have come out since a team of Chinese scientists brought this new virus to Wuhan in 2013 and stored it there in the lab. It makes lot of sense a leak occurred at the lab in 2019.

It not even a debunk of the science as the disease came from a bat, it just it leaked out somehow. Instead the pet theory some people prefer is someone eat a bat in a soup dish?

It's about the truth, not petty tribalism. If this was posted in any other forum, it would be the same. If someone wants to make a claim, fine, but people have a right to ask questions about it.
    Debate looks long over to me. One remaining individual endlessly hitting the reply button and writing vapid nonsensical arguments is not a debate, it's simply an exercise in stamina.
    LOL

You must have written a hundred or more posts to just 2 threads in the last week, some of which are paragraphs and paragraphs long.

Edit: 250 posts

In just above reply you could have answered all three questions.

Look..

Is your personal secret Nazi theory fact or opinion?

It's a one word answer. This is a debate forum last I checked, not a soap-box arena.
    Who claimed that? and this debate isn't about whether there will be digital ID or not.

Nope, definitely not debating, no sides taken, no siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The Nal wrote: »
    Righto. So just to usual garden variety "its about control", "do your own research", "RTE lol", "government are liars" bingo stuff.

We're only a few posts away from NWO, Soros, Rothschild, Bill Gates etc aren't we?

Why does Melinda Gates always get a free ride from these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭jackboy

No, they didn’t create the virus but they will ruthlessly exploit it. The world economy is absolutely irrelevant to them, they will clean up regardless.

We succeeded in reducing the virus to almost zero with no mask wearing then decided to make mask wearing compulsory. It’s nonsense. It’s completely obvious how to deal with the virus but the Irish government, and others, refuse to do it. The issue with meat factories was known months ago but was intentionally not tackled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Yes that's true however in this case we know there was a lab in Wuhan experimenting with bat viruses. Researchers who investigated the Wet Market said no bat got sold there to eat. The closest cousin to covid 19 came from a cave in Yunnan. Leaks have come out since a team of Chinese scientists brought this new virus to Wuhan in 2013 and stored it there in the lab. It makes lot of sense a leak occurred at the lab in 2019.

It not even a debunk of the science as the disease came from a bat, it just it leaked out somehow. Instead the pet theory of some people is someone eat a bat in a soup dish?

Bat soup is the fuel melting steel equivalent of covid. Just a simplistic ridiculous notion thrown out to make the idea sound ridiculous. Zoonotic diseases are nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Life as we knew it is gone forever, everything we took for granted.

Pfft, that'd be great, things will go back to the way they were eventually.

Ipso wrote: »
    Bat soup is the fuel melting steel equivalent of covid. Just a simplistic ridiculous notion thrown out to make the idea sound ridiculous. Zoonotic diseases are nothing new.

Yes but we know the Chinese never reported finding this virus from Yunnan in 2013. They only added it to the record in 2019 after the breakout. It obvious the Chinese are lying and Yunnan virus is a version of Covid 19. They probably did some manipulations in the code along the way here.

Nope, definitely not debating, no sides taken, no siree.

There is a side being taken, it's called accurate information. This is a forum, it's literally for debate.

There is a side being taken, it's called accurate information. This is a forum, it's literally for debate.
    Haha have at it fam I'm not here to spoil your fun. Just like giving newbies a heads up on how things work round here that's all.

No, they didn’t create the virus but they will ruthlessly exploit it. The world economy is absolutely irrelevant to them, they will clean up regardless.

So according to you there is no Covid-19 conspiracy?

It's just companies making money because demand for their products is higher due to the pandemic, e.g. mask-makers, respirator-makers, etc

We succeeded in reducing the virus to almost zero with no mask wearing then decided to make mask wearing compulsory. It’s nonsense. It’s completely obvious how to deal with the virus but the Irish government, and others, refuse to do it. The issue with meat factories was known months ago but was intentionally not tackled.

Woah there. Are you suggesting that masks do nothing to mitigate the spread of a virus that is literally spread on droplets and quite possibly even smaller aerosols that we exhale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭juno10353

When they wear them isn't relevant. If they weakened the immune system then they'd weaken them and they'd all get sick.

Plus, someone getting surgery isn't necessarily sick , so whey do they wear masks doing surgery to do a hip replacement?

So they do not cough or sneeze bacteria into the open wound

Haha have at it fam I'm not here to spoil your fun. Just like giving newbies a heads up on how things work round here that's all.

If someone makes a (false) claim, and decides to post it on a public forum, they shouldn't act surprised (or aggressive) when that claim gets challenged

The last thing these people need are cheerleaders and validators, but hey, that's a whole other psychological kettle of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If you, or anyone have any issue with "how things work around here", mods inbox are always open.

Woah there. Are you suggesting that masks do nothing to mitigate the spread of a virus that is literally spread on droplets and quite possibly even smaller aerosols that we exhale?

No, it’s common sense that masks will help to mitigate the spread of the virus. However, we massively reduced spread of the virus with no mask wearing. We conclusively proved that mask wearing in supermarkets is not necessary.

I suspect that masks are highly effective in really enclosed packed environments like public transport. We know the type of places and conditions where the virus spreads. The government clearly have no interest in dealing with that though. Instead we get nonsense county lockdowns. Does anyone really believe the county lockdowns are a reasonable approach.

No, it’s common sense that masks will help to mitigate the spread of the virus.

That's it then. Anything that mitigates the spread is good. I don't see any big conspiracy with that.
    I suspect that masks are highly effective in really enclosed packed environments like public transport. We know the type of places and conditions where the virus spreads. The government clearly have no interest in dealing with that though. Instead we get nonsense county lockdowns. Does anyone really believe the county lockdowns are a reasonable approach.

Fine, but this is your personal opinion. The views and advice of health officials and experts all over the world is to (now) wear masks where feasible on top of all the other efforts being made to mitigate the spread of the virus, whilst at the same time trying to carry out with relatively normal business/life

I remember the early days of the pandemic, having to sit on the train or go to the supermarket with people coughing and spluttering close to me - seems a no-brainer to make mask wearing compulsory in many social situations

If someone makes a (false) claim, and decides to post it on a public forum, they shouldn't act surprised (or aggressive) when that claim gets challenged

The last thing these people need are cheerleaders and validators, but hey, that's a whole other psychological kettle of fish

You despise CTers dont you?.

You despise CTers dont you?.

Read my post. "These people" clearly refers to someone who makes a false claim.

I remember the early days of the pandemic, having to sit on the train or go to the supermarket with people coughing and spluttering close to me - seems a no-brainer to make mask wearing compulsory in many social situations

Except we brought the spread of the virus close to zero with no mask wearing. The vast majority of the scientists and medical advisors consistently told us that mask wearing was unnecessary and did more harm than good. I’m shocked that so many people have forgotten that already.

Those same scientists and advisors are almost all now promoting mask wearing. There is no new science in the last few months that validates this paradigm shift.

The original and current advice has nothing to do with science, it’s down to politics and political correctness. It’s a scourge that is alarmingly taking over science.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Except we brought the spread of the virus close to zero with no mask wearing. The vast majority of the scientists and medical advisors consistently told us that mask wearing was unnecessary and did more harm than good. I’m shocked that so many people have forgotten that already.

Those same scientists and advisors are almost all now promoting mask wearing. There is no new science in the last few months that validates this paradigm shift.

The original and current advice has nothing to do with science, it’s down to politics and political correctness. It’s a scourge that is alarmingly taking over science.

We brought the virus cases close to zero with a total lockdown, people only allowed to leave their houses for essential journeys. At the time also we didn't even have enough masks for hospital staff. Masks, if used correctly, would always have helped slow the spread, we simply didn't have enough.

Since we have relaxed restrictions and massively ramped up mask production it makes sense to insist on wearing easily available and cheap masks, but it's important it is done correctly. It's not a conspiracy, it's just common sense.

• Advertisement

Since we have relaxed restrictions and massively ramped up mask production it makes sense to insist on wearing easily available and cheap masks, but it's important it is done correctly. It's not a conspiracy, it's just common sense.

No, we were told by the experts that masks are ineffective and are in fact dangerous. I never believed that, we were being lied to by some of our high profile scientists.

There was no total lockdown. There was poorly policed restrictions. Supermarkets were busy throughout the peak of the spread with no masks and almost no consequences. Masks are not needed in supermarkets.

Advertisement