Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will they [The Government] tell us the truth about Covid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Don2012 wrote: »
    These doctors are not from YouTube. They made a press conference giving their opinion on Covid. Many of them spoke, they were banned of Facebook and YouTube after the video went VIRAL.

and youve been repeatedly asked questions about 1 of them in particular but refuse to answer , instead ranting about RTE instead, whatever the relevance is between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

These doctors are not from YouTube. They made a press conference giving their opinion on Covid.
    But you haven't actually answered my question.
    Why should we believe them?

Also you've dodged my other question. What are the "muzzles" you were going on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,673 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

These doctors are not from YouTube. They made a press conference giving their opinion on Covid. Many of them spoke, they were banned of Facebook and YouTube after the video went VIRAL. You seem to think I have just decided to watch a few random "videos" and that's it. I always was skeptical of this from the very beginning in March. I never trusted our political class and I would never let them make decisions for me as they are corrupt and dishonest. I always questioned the lockdown as only sick people should be quarantined. They have total control of us and our freedom. If you don't agree with me that's fine, but the fact some kind of gang is attacking me from all angles for having an opinion is disgraceful. We is the rational thinkers on this forum?

So what if something goes viral?

The reason people keep asking you who "They" are is because we honestly don't know who you are referring to. In this exact instance, one of the doctors from that press conference/whatever in DC, Dr. Stella Immanuel, believes that the government is run in part by aliens and reptilians. So we honestly don't know - you could be referring to lizard people, aliens, george soros, the irish government, the deep state, the clinton foundation, bill gates, the CDC, Trump, China, etc. etc. etc.

Your thread title is "When will they tell us the truth about Covid?" It is perfectly reasonable to expect you would be able to clarify to your audience who They are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

King Mob wrote: »
    Hi, you haven't been answering any questions. Maybe if you actually answered them directly, you would be convincing more people.

Insulting them, calling them sheep and throwing a strop because they are asking you questions isn't going to convince anyone. It's just going to make you look very silly.

Again, could you clarify what you were refering to as "muzzles"?

I have been called a "conspiracy theorist" a "right wing"a "pr*@k"and my opinion was discarded as "rubbish" but it's ok for your gang on here to call me whatever and I won't stick up for myself?

Muzzles is another word for masks, which I think you all already know. A mask is a sign of submission (will probably be attacked for that opinion too).

Mod: let's just all drop any mention of muzzles from all quarters. It is really low brow stuff and I think we've covered it enough. I don't want to see the word on thread again. Elevate your diction* all.

*That's not innuendo. Look it up.
    I have been called a "conspiracy theorist" a "right wing"a "pr*@k"and my opinion was discarded as "rubbish" but it's ok for your gang on here to call me whatever and I won't stick up for myself?

Action has been taken already. Stop re-litigating; it only comes off as you playing the victim. It is not germane to the Central Argument.

• Advertisement

Ok...:confused:
    That's not really a response to my question.
    I asked why we should believe random doctors you found on youtube?
    How do you know their opinion is correct?

Overheal wrote: »
    So what if something goes viral?

The reason people keep asking you who "They" are is because we honestly don't know who you are referring to. In this exact instance, one of the doctors from that press conference/whatever in DC, Dr. Stella Immanuel, believes that the government is run in part by aliens and reptilians. So we honestly don't know - you could be referring to lizard people, aliens, george soros, the irish government, the deep state, the clinton foundation, bill gates, the CDC, Trump, China, etc. etc. etc.

Your thread title is "When will they tell us the truth about Covid?" It is perfectly reasonable to expect you would be able to clarify to your audience who They are.

My title for this thread means, the daily lies from our own politicans. The daily figures and restrictions and regulations they have imposed on us. I could go on but what's the point, I'm against some kind of pro government gang here.

Thank you. I will edit the title.

Ok. That's very hyperbolic and very silly.
    Why do you hold this position?

It is well known in Ireland, many refer to the masks as muzzles because they do not want to comply to this farce. It isn't silly, wearing a mask in the middle of summertime is ridiculous.

More Off-topic posts scrubbed. Please limit discussion to this Covid-19 CT

• Advertisement

It is well known in Ireland, many refer to the masks as muzzles because they do not want to comply to this farce. It isn't silly, wearing a mask in the middle of summertime is ridiculous.
    But the vast majority of doctors recommend using masks to help lower the transmission of the virus.
    Are all of those doctors wrong or somehow part of a vast conspiracy?

If that's the case, why then should we trust the doctors you believe? Why can't they be wrong?

You edited out the part of my post where I asked that question again and you failed to answer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"many" in the sense of the Trump way that "many" people say things to him? Or many as in a significant amount of people? Did you previously think the government were- <<Mod: Keep on topic, TY>>

Any chance you have a reply to my last reply to you? (and the 2019 death figures one)

But the vast majority of doctors recommend using masks to help lower the transmission of the virus.

If that's the case, why then should we trust the doctors you believe? Why can't they be wrong?

You edited out the part of my post where I asked that question again and you failed to answer it.

Can I ask, if a vaccine come to Ireland will you agree to it?

You trust your instinct and intelligence and I'll trust mine. We'll leave it at that. Just research and read, look into organisation and individual and make the conclusion for yourself then. Have a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Dont normally pay much attention to conspiracy stuff

This Covid makes no sense

12 in hospital in the whole country here

Well over 1000 active tested
    cases

We were told 20% infected would need hospital treatment

At the moment its not even 2%

If hospital numbers stay low and we are getting hundred cases a day from now on, even the most blind will see

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Which truth are you after?, The one that suits your narrative? Or would you accept one that goes against whatever it is you feel is the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Dont normally pay much attention to conspiracy stuff

This Covid makes no sense

12 in hospital in the whole country here

Well over 1000 active tested
    cases

We were told 20% infected would need hospital treatment

At the moment its not even 2%

If hospital numbers stay low and we are getting hundred cases a day from now on, even the most blind will see

Even the most blind will see what?

The reason the hospital numbers are low is because most of the current cases are young people.

If the numbers get bigger, and contacts are not traced on time, then more older people and people with underlying conditions will become infected.

Then watch the hospital numbers rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think a theory about this been caused by Aliens would be more viable than the crazy idea by the OP. If anyone done it it has to be Aliens surely?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Notmything wrote: »
    Which truth are you after?, The one that suits your narrative? Or would you accept one that goes against whatever it is you feel is the truth?

I don't have a narrative. I try and research and question things for myself and then I'll come up with my conclusion. I do believe Covid is a virus yes, not the deadly disease ridden one they are making it out to be though, what I don't believe is the whole farce that was created around it by media and politicans.
    Very early on, they (Varadkar etc) talked about a second wave...how could they possibly know this? Then a few weeks later Varadkar stated "this is the new normal" after telling us we'd only be in lockdown until the end of March.
    Conditioning people into complying with this new normal. I stopped one day in a supermarket, and just looked around me, it was like a horror movie, people avoiding going down aisles because another person was there or meeting someone face on and jumping back and avoiding them like they have a disease. I met a friend who I haven't seen in months and they wouldn't give me a hug!! They said "no because it is against the rules".
    None of this is normal behaviour, this is no way to live! Living in fear and hysteria created by the media. Life is for living not be under control and order by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I don't have a narrative. I try and research and question things for myself and then I'll come up with my conclusion. I do believe Covid is a virus yes, not the deadly disease ridden one they are making it out to be though, what I don't believe is the whole farce that was created around it by media and politicans.
    Very early on, they (Varadkar etc) talked about a second wave...how could they possibly know this? Then a few weeks later Varadkar stated "this is the new normal" after telling us we'd only be in lockdown until the end of March.
    Conditioning people into complying with this new normal. I stopped one day in a supermarket, and just looked around me, it was like a horror movie, people avoiding going down aisles because another person was there or meeting someone face on and jumping back and avoiding them like they have a disease. I met a friend who I haven't seen in months and they would give me a hug!! They said "no because it is against the rules".
    None of this is normal behaviour, this is no way to live! Living in fear and hysteria created by the media. Life is for living not be under control and order by the government.

The second wave came from epedemiologist models. Not Leo Varadker.
    The "New Normal" talk started end of June I believe.

I think your timelines are wrong.
    Also, what does Leo Varadker have to gain from this?
    COVID is bigger than Leo Varaker ffs.

I agree with you that this isn't normal, but i disagree that it's some government conspiracy to keep the people under control.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    The second wave came from epedemiologist models. Not Leo Varadker.
    The "New Normal" talk started end of June I believe.

I think your timelines are wrong.
    Also, what does Leo Varadker have to gain from this?
    COVID is bigger than Leo Varaker ffs.

Did you even read my point!!? Does it really matter the exact time or date he said it, looks like you seen Varadkar's name a couple of times and went with that without reading the whole comment. You don't get the bigger picture that's fine.

Can I ask, if a vaccine come to Ireland will you agree to it?
    It's a bit odd that you're asking questions of other people when you're having a hard time answering the questions put to you.

But yes, when the vaccine becomes available, I will get it.
    You trust your instinct and intelligence and I'll trust mine. We'll leave it at that. Just research and read, look into organisation and individual and make the conclusion for yourself then. Have a good weekend.
    But this is a dodge of my question.
    Why should anyone believe these doctors over the vast majority who disagree with them?
    Is it just that your instincts told you to trust them?
    Did you do research into them? If so, what research did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Conditioning people into complying with this new normal. I stopped one day in a supermarket, and just looked around me, it was like a horror movie, people avoiding going down aisles because another person was there or meeting someone face on and jumping back and avoiding them like they have a disease. I met a friend who I haven't seen in months and they wouldn't give me a hug!! They said "no because it is against the rules".

Because every pandemic in history has had a second wave, why would this one be any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Allinall wrote: »
    Even the most blind will see what?

The reason the hospital numbers are low is because most of the current cases are young people.

If the numbers get bigger, and contacts are not traced on time, then more older people and people with underlying conditions will become infected.

Then watch the hospital numbers rise.

Shouldn't the old people and underlying be isolated then?

Problem solved

Give the €350 Covid payment to every person over 50 and underlying conditions and tell them to stay the **** inside

Let no one into the country over 50 and let healthy and young get on with it

Whole year has been wasted pussy footing on the ageism issue

Because every pandemic in history has had a second wave, why would this one be any different?

Pandemic, disease, second wave, new normal, all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pandemic ;)

And there you have it, when you can't even accept there is anglobal pandemic and post videos of a "doctor" who believes spirits are having sex with people then why would anyone believe you?

There's a reason this thread ended up in the CT forum, can you guess what it is? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

How is it not a deadly disease?

People have died from it, or is it simply that not as many have died from it as previous viruses like ebola or Spanish Flu?

I've seen what it can do in a residential unit and it's frightening. But I go home and people are saying it's a hoax, or it's all overblown and the restrictions/masks are not needed. Yet those same moves probably helped reduce the death rate.

It's a bit odd that you're asking questions of other people when you're having a hard time answering the questions put to you.

But yes, when the vaccine becomes available, I will get it.

How so? It's hard to answer all questions when I have some kind of gang attacking from all angles.

Not surprised you submit to the vaccine, no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Very early on, they (Varadkar etc) talked about a second wave...how could they possibly know this?

Because it doesn't take a genius to understand human nature. As soon as restrictions started to be lifted or corona-fatigue set in people stopped socially distancing. And what has been the outcome of that? 174 new cases today, most from contacts with confirmed cases because people haven't socially distanced or self-isolated if they have symptoms. And if you can't adequately socially distance for whatever reason then you wear a mask to at least mitigate some of the risk. It's not rocket science.

• Advertisement

How so?
    It's a bit hypocritical and dishonest.
    Not surprised you submit to the vaccine, no questions asked.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    How am I "submitting" to the vaccine?

Also you seem to have avoided my question again.
    Please go back and answer it, or at least explain why you keep dodging it.

Advertisement